Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was sleeved on June 5th 2014. So far I have lost about 96 pounds. At first, the weight was flying off, but this past month I barely went down. I even had a whole week where I lost nothing at all! Has this happened to anyone around the 5-6 month mark? I knew it would eventually, but I didn't think it would be this soon! I've started upping my time and intensity at the gym and have gotten super strict with what I am eating again.

I would love to hear if you have any tips that got you through you road block!

I need those tips too! I was sleeved six and a half months ago, and my weight loss has really slowed - bad! I exercise a good deal (hard core at it 6 days a week, alternating running and functional weight training) and eat about 750 calories. Some days I admit I go over out of sheer angry frustration with working so blessed hard and getting no weight loss. Which of course is Stupid with a capital S since eating the wrong foods NEVER helps me lose weight. I've lost 86 pounds now, and have another 50 to go.

I've heard people talk about a 6 month slump though, or stall, so maybe this is it. I was at 201 for about 3 weeks, at 199 for over two weeks, and now at 197 (=/- a half pound) for another two weeks. it's SLOW!

So - all I can say @@mfm116 is to hang in there, and know it'll start to move off again, and mostly I hear people say the loss gets steady again. I'm hoping good things for you, and CONGRATULATIONS on your fabulous weight loss!

Kate

Edited by katesuccess

Hey Ladies

First allow me to congratulate you on your success. Your weight loss numbers to date are what those of us at one month post op for praying for. At one month I obviously don't know anything about a six month slump, so I'll just say KUDOS to you both. Stay strong, diligent and true to your new lifestyle and I'm sure things will pick up again. Honestly, that is a bundle of weight loss in a short amount of time CONGRATS.

Be encouraged.

Consider adding more 'good' calories to your diet. You may need to begin eating more to jumpstart your weight loss. I have been stuck on 64 pounds for about 3 months now and know that I am allowing creeps into my diet (skinny pop popcorn, bite size chocolates, and some starches), I haven't gained any weight just stalled, so monitor like hell. Good to know that you are keeping an eye on things, it's when you don't that becomes a problem.

@@mfm116

Sleeved June 2nd and I'm finding it harder to get the scale to move. I'm at the gym everyday. an hour of cardio and a half hour added every other day of weightlifting. I did notice I am a Protein freek. I got 71g in yesterday. I'm going to try to change that. I'm up to 900 calories a day..Is this too much? hope someone can shed some light.

You need more caloric intake.