Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fast forward to post-op.....

So here I am, laid up until surgery due to complications my weight has caused on my body.... and all I can think about is what will come easier post-surgery? How much will this surgery REALLY help me? I can't wait for the extra pounds to be less taxing on my health and my body and infringing on my life.

So I ask you fellow WLS friends - what are you looking forward to most? What is your surgery going to do for you?

I know for myself, surgery will:::

1. Create less back pain and make it easier to bend and lift my daughter.

2. Take so much pressure off of my knees and help me prevent any further dislocations

3. Allow me to stand at work for the 8hrs a day without my feet hurting so much under the heaviness.

4. Let me walk up a flight or 2 of stairs and not be out of breath at the end.

5. Take away my issues breathing and sleep apnea.

6. Make it easier to run after an almost 2 year old

7. Cause less problems trying to give my daughter a bath and getting myself up and down from kneeling next to the bath tub

8. Give me the chance to go on theme park rides with my baby and not worry about not fitting on the ride and being asked to get off.

9. Bring back my confidence in wearing a bathing suit when my daughter wants to go in the sprinklers or pool and not make me feel super self conscience.

10. Force me to NOT identify with my weight. I will not always be heavy, big, fat..... I am me, and the weight doesn't own me. I am not my weight and the weight will go away!

@@Shell88 I just wanna wear shorty shorts! Lol nah! I'm just kidding! I look forward to all kinds of things but mainly just feeling good and being more active in my daily life...outside of school, work..ect..shorty shorts!!!

@@Elode I'm looking forward to that first black skimpy dress lol

I'm looking forward to walking a flight of stairs and not about to pass out. Oh, and I want to do that in really tight pants. LOL

@@Elode we started a trend with the tight shorts and skimpy dress to now tight pants with @@MrsMike1 lol.... But yes, stairs are the one thing I want to concur!

I'm vain. I just want to shop in regular stores instead playing sleuth online. I mean my shopping hustle is good, but I should not be on a first name basis with the UPS man!

I wanna wear pantyhose and not hear that "shh, shh, shh" sound when I walk! Woohoo!

I had another moment today that made me think - I want to wear a pair of pants or leggings and NOT have the inner thighs wear out quick from all the friction....

I just want to not dread going shopping, especially grocery shopping, it wears me out and I'm drenched in sweat by check out. I also want to be able to not worry about the seat height, width or sturdiness of any where I sit down. Would love to go to a concert or travel and not worry about how much walking I have to do. I just want the simple things most people take for granted. And I also need to get the weight off of my left knee that is bone on bone and needs a replacement.

Oh, and I'd like more energy. There have been times when I've just wanted to crawl into bed and stay there til I die. I want to look forward to getting up and having plans I look forward to, not chores I have to do.

This morning i decided another is that i want to get out of the shower and have the towel fully fit around my body...

Maintenance for 6 months now...

Painting my own toenails

Walking several flights of stairs at work. In leather trimmed leggings, knee high boots and a cute sweater with a 25 pound backpack and being the only one NOT winded in my group!

Running up the stairs at to 75 foot tall zipline tower and being less winded than my "fit" friend who runs 1/2 marathons, then receiving instructions for the "little people" in the group to "ball up" on the zipline so I make it all the way across! Ziplining rocks BTW!

NOT having my thighs rub together.

I want to shop for clothes in a normal store again and not have to buy anything with an X on it! 3x, 2x, 1x!

I'm easy to please. I just want to know that, barring accident, I will have more then another ten years of life to look forward to. And if, for some reason, I only have ten more years? To actually feel that I am living them, and not just existing.