Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lot's of us are going to cross to the other side on Monday! Good luck to you. Be sure to keep us posted.

Today my coworkers brought me flowers to Celebrate my new " birthday" they said that 12/15 is the beginning of a new life.... I thought that was so sweet, so I would like to wish everyone an early happy birthday!

Hi. I'm next Monday December 15. Sitting here tonight hungry for food and wondering should I do this. Just jitters I think. I have lost and gained big amount of weight for years and am counting on this to give the the tool that will help me conquer this once and for all.

We can do this. I've gained and lost over the years but never weighed anywhere close to what I do now. The last couple of years have been horrible. I agree this is a tool that we have to learn how to use. I met a girl today who had it done 3 years ago and she lost 110 pounds and kept it off. She says it's hard in the beginning but the weight just falls off and keeps you going. I think it was pretty awesome that I met her today!

We can do this. I've gained and lost over the years but never weighed anywhere close to what I do now. The last couple of years have been horrible. I agree this is a tool that we have to learn how to use. I met a girl today who had it done 3 years ago and she lost 110 pounds and kept it off. She says it's hard in the beginning but the weight just falls off and keeps you going. I think it was pretty awesome that I met her today!

How is your preop diet going? The headaches are the worst for me. Today is the first time I have felt dizzy and like I am going to vomit cause my stomach is empty. 1 more day of full liquids and on sunday I have to do all clear. Really hope the next 2 days fly.

My pre op is going generally better than expected. I had to do one week liquids. About everything other day I go through an hour or so (usually early evening) when I want to eat so bad I can hardly stand it. Then I drink more Water. Sometime I have cup of broth for something hot and a different taste. A little worried about Clear Liquids on Sunday and I don't report to hospital on Monday until 10 AM for noon surgery.

I'm with you rich1946 my surgery is at 11 am have to be at the hospital at 9. I'm actually doing well on the diet since I've done it before. Just drink your Protein and your fluids throughout the day. I've also found that the broth from chicken noodle Soup keeps me feeling full longer than just regular broth cause it has flavor.

Had my surgery Thursday morning and got discharged tonight (Friday) around 5. Pain was awful the first day! Get lots of rest but get up and walk! Don't refuse the pain medicine, it's better to keep it under control than use it when it gets bad. I had a lot of pain in my chest but once I walked it went away. I also couldn't sleep so I got up and walked a lot. 3 other ladies got it done and they told me I walked more than them combined. Today I could keep all liquid down and only got nauseous when I got pain medicine. At the beginning its rough but you can get through it! Good luck to everyone! The first 48 hrs are the hardest! But remember the outcome in the hard times! Here for you all if you have questions or anything else!

Thanks for the info simplyblessed keep us posted! Heal quickly.

I have to be at the hospital at 7:15 am Mon. Whew, so glad it's early! Last couple days have been rough on the preop diet. I have been getting a lot of dizziness and not much energy to do stuff. Tomorrow...clear liquids. I hope I make it! Good luck to us all on getting through the day and then we'll be good to go on Mon.!

I feel so bad today. I had to eat 6 crackers cause I almost passed out at work and I hope it doesn't mess me up. It was eat the crackers or go to the hospital. I was literally grabbing to hold on to stuff while walking. I stand on my feet all day at work and move non stop. Do yall feel it will mess me up so close to surgery? I have been so good this entire week.

I'm sure it won't mess up your surgery. There are some doctors that allow one healthy meal a day while on the presurgery diet.

I don't think it will mess us your surgery. I actually had to do the same thing one of the first few days at work. I ate a couple of saltines. I'm pretty sure they will be out of your and my system pretty quickly. Nothing worse than that lightheaded feeling. Last few days it has been coming frequently.

Hello everyone - I am a pre-op newbie - my surgery date is tomorrow 12/15 check in at 6:15am - thankful to be 1st on deck - it's been an emotional morning - good luck to all

Don't forget to take a "before" photo and measurements today! I did my photo last night.