Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am using EAS complete Protein. I bought it at Walmart and it has 25 grams per serving. The chocolate tastes like chocolate cake batter. :)

I have the EAS vanilla and it too tastes like cake batter. At first I thought it was weird, but now I think I could pour it in a bowl and use a spoon to get through the mental part of having no real food for a while.

Howdy,

I have caught a cold! It hit like a truck Saturday night and I am home from work with it today! Now what? Any suggestions? I so don't want to put off my surgery.......

I also realized I have been doing WEAK Protein shakes! I invested in CASES of Low sugar carnation instant Breakfast and mis read - I thought I was getting 13 grams Protein per packet - NO it is only 5 grams THEN you add the milk to get 13. I am so disappointed. I started doubling the packets up but now the calories are higher than I want. I need better protein FAST. I did order an unjury sample pack but it hasn't shown up yet.

December 15 is next week.....I so hope this is a 3 day or less cold!

I can relate. I've had a darn cough for weeks now. I had my chest x ray last week so I think I'm good, but still the thought of having anesthesia with a cough is scary. I called the surgeon today and was told that I can take mucinex. So that's what I did. Crossing my fingers that yours goes away and fast.

I'm December 15th!!!! Only 6 more days! Pre Op diet has been nothing short of awful. This will be a major adjustment for me, but hopefully I'll endure. Good luck to everyone!

Day one of preop diet is almost over! I survived. By this time next week us 12-15ers will be on with our new journey. Can't believe it.

Went to my work Christmas dinner party at one of my fav restaurants. Had to go. They made me a delicious plate of steamed veggies, I forgot to take my Protein drink though so I am a little short on that today.

Everlearning I am a believer in Airborne. I don't know if it would be allowed but it sure helps me to not get a cold or to get rid of one quicker. At least I think so.

Today I started my pre op diet. Lets just say I am not happy. I am so hungry. I have had so much liquid my stomach hurts. My head head has started to hurt. But, I am one day down and one day closer. I am unsure as to what type of diet I am to be on so I have to call my DR. I did an entire liquid diet asides from 1 bite of chicken and downing down an entire cucumber 20 mins ago. Hope he will let me have one Protein meal a day.

Hi everyone just an update, i had to contact the nutritionist to advise that I am not doing so great on the pre op diet and i wont be loosing 8kgs by the end of the week. Am waiting to hear back either tomorrow the surgeon was clear if i didnt reach the 8kg mark he will be cancelling the surgery. Over the last month before the pre op diet and seeing the surgeon i have lost a total of 14kgs, I am feeling annoyed and grumpy knowing the journey has been positive but slow.

Day two preop diet. Can't sleep got up at 5 am even though I have the day off. Headache! But one day down, 6 to go! Pre-op testing later today. Woo hoo--more tests!

Still feeling positive though.

Benji hang in there hopefully since you've lost you'll be fine. Hugs & prayers!

Chris I know it's hard I'm on day 8 and 6 to go before surgery. I didn't have the headache. I didn't sleep well first few nights. It's the toughest thing for us all. It prepares you though for self control later. You gut this hun. Hugs!

December 15th here! And I understand you about the fear and the excitement. This is the first step on a long road to success! Good luck on the 15th!

Also, as for Protein/Vitamin powders I'm using a combination: Complete Protein (which is vegan and gluten free) and GNC's Women's Ultra Mega Maximum Nutrition (an awesome Vitamin powder).

Edited by Alexandra Jackson

Thanks Dara. Just going to keep on taking the tylenol. I thought I was more prepared...sigh. Don't have much energy today. Glad I have this day off to adjust. Got all my testing done so I should be good to go on the 15th!

We are on our way!

Just found out that I'm going to have to drive myself to surgery on Monday. Oh what fun. No one to wait with me or be there after surgery cause my mother is having surgery the same day at a different hospital.

Oh I am so sorry that you have to go on your own. Is there a friend maybe that you can ask and not have to give all the details too? I hope everything works out for you.

I just found out that a friend is of that day and will take me. He is going to be getting bypass surgery as soon as he can. So this way he'll kinda know what to expect for his surgery. I'm glad I'll have someone to keep me company since my surgery isn't until 11 am and I'm sure I'll have to be there a couple hours before.

I'm counting down the days until I'll be able to eat food again. I'm really craving a salad.