Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The most positive post on this site

I am thankful for @@Klein1175 for being there for me throughout my surgery and having everything ready for when I got home (foods etc) and being the great sister/friend anyone can ask for. All the words of encouragement and knowing all I have to do is pick up the phone and she is there. I am thankful for @@AValle23 My Diva for life. For always be that ear I can bend, giving me great tips and advice, helping me with Protein for this surgery lol and for always being there to laugh with. laughter is so important in life, love and healing. I love you ladies <3<3<3

Love you to living55 and you're more than welcome. I know if I needed the help you would have done that and more. Just keep up the excellent work..????????????

@☠carolinagirl☠@RJ'S/beginning I ditto your post and all those above!! You are all the best!

Check out today's new post and toot your own horn!

I suck at remembering na,es,but thanks t Bobbys wife for starting this post. It's nice to see how encouraging that every one is to each other.

Hello All! While I don't reply a whole lot on here, I do read almost everything everyday!

I love all of you, especially the vets that were on a lot when I first started, namely LauraVen,

Lipstick Lady, Butterthebean, et all.

I am especially thankful for GamerGirl, whom I do miss a lot. I come on hoping to see a post

from her everyday!

She had stats similar to mine, and was about my age, and she just inspired me a whole lot!

Thanks everyone for being here, and inspiring each other!

@@deedadumble and Susis You rang? :)

Edited by gamergirl

I am very touched that you guys still remember me! I've been crazy busy with work and was recently told I was "suffering from exhaustion". Well that forced me to take today off work and I came looking to see what was happening on BP. Just in time to see this post! I'm grateful for this site. It gave me exactly what I needed when I was first sleeved. Been at goal for a while and maintaining. life is good :)

I joined this site in 2009. I was banded in 2005. I am so thankful that this site is here for people before, during and after their procedures. When I was banded I knew nothing about the procedure. I had applied for gastric bypass and was denied however was approved for the lap band. I was the second patient that my surgeon had actually done the procedure on. Almost everything I did I read out of 5 page manual I was given. I am thankful for Alex for starting this site and giving people a place to go and share their journeys good or bad. I am truly thankful for everyone that has ever posted on this site.

Saturday's post is up! A little late, but it's up :)Here it is.

I am eternally grateful for everyone on the Topic: OCTOBER 2014 Post-Surgery Bypass Forum and (October Surgery Date, also a topic on Pre-Surgery Bypass Forum before we had surgery)

We are this fantastic little support group. Like a train comprised of one month worth of people going through the process together. We went through all the pre-surgery prep together and now post-surgery as well. The ones ahead provide valuable experience and those behind offer support. We all look for each other almost everyday to share and be there for each other. I couldn't have done this without them. I will, forever be in their debt and they will be in my heart for just as long.

We have 1265 posts on that thread alone and even more on the pre-surgery phase. Our commitment to each other is a beautiful thing.

Edited by Beni

Love you too diva @@living55 . I'm always here for you! <3

bodyweight.png?ts=1416753023

Edited by AValle23

I have to honestly say I am truly glad for everyone here. agree or disagree sometimes just knowing there are people willing to talk about things is a great help to me and others. Sometimes people need the disagreement in order to move. Its just nice to not be alone. Ill tell you this, and its very true, The other day I had my weigh in and final pre surg meeting with my surgeon. The medical assistant there ( I had always seen my surgeon at a sister hospital) well the medical assistant she was also overweight. Well she started talking to me and my wife about the procedure and my weight loss so far and she said oh when you come in next I probably will be post surgical myself. So I asked her if she had ever been here, and she said no, and I told her all about this place. I told her because this is not gonna be easy for me as it wasn't with all of you, but to see the help given here, it makes you smile when your nervous about the future and its empowering to know you have people who care.

I love you all, and that's not some weird cult or religion thing, just the truth.

Even those I may argue with or disagree with I respect the heck out of what you have accomplished and I love that you are here to help others.

I like to end my blog posts with, "We can do this." and Thanks to you all, I truly believe it.

Even Lipstick lady. ( smirk)