Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The most positive post on this site

I am definitely thankful for @@SuzeMuze who has generously given of her time and information to everyone on this site. She has also begun working on my blog as a guest blogger to begin talking about women's issues in weight loss and bariatric surgery. I am so thankful for her help and willingness to be open and honest about her experiences.

Great thread idea. Thanks, @@bobbyswife, for starting it.

Too many names to thank. But Alex deserves prime thanks for the site. :)

@@LipstickLady ... thank you. And yes, I do grok you. :)

I also miss @@Madam Reverie -- where are you, Madam?

I always read posts by @@Kindle and @@CowgirlJane .

Thanks to all who take the time to post here. Doesn't matter whether we agree or have the same experience. What matters is that we share our perspective. Life and WLS ... it's a collective dealio. :)

Gobble, gobble!

Edited by VSGAnn2014

there are so many and i couldnt even begin to name them all and if i did i would feel awful if i left one out......

some are no longer posting here but i do remember them with fond thoughts..so i am thankful and grateful to everyone who gave me a (hug/kind words) since i have been here in 2012 til now.....

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone participating. It warms my heart to see us all uplifting one another. It's the perfect time of year to reflect on the good things in life :)

I agree with @@☠carolinagirl☠ there are too many people to mention. As everyone has affected my trek through this new wilderness of WLS.

Even those that have told me straight or been unhappy with how I respond to them have made a change in my life for the good.

I could not have made it this far without all of you. Those who are new and those who have come and gone. My hat tips to all that are on this journey with me....I am not alone and you have helped me realize that...

Thank you all! :)

Awww I am loving this post!!!

I am thankful to @@CowgirlJane - if it wasn't for her in the beginning, I don't know if I would have had the courage to go for the sleeve rather than lapband.... she's also an amazing inspiration - girl you look good!!!!

@@Mami5Boys for reassuring me about our doctor and being so informative about the surgery and steps. (Congrats on the recent surgery btw!)

and of course @@bobbyswife - only 3-4 more weeks for both of us! Thanks for joining me on my daily rants and expeditions!

AHHH! And @@Elode .... can't forget Miss @@Elode ... Her comic relief and helpful tips make the posts worth it!!

I am most thankful for my loving, caring husband...loved me when I was over 350 and loves me still ... he has my heart...

I thank goodness I have Anisa Grantham, an addiction counselor and WLS patient to speak to during my "adventure" with WLS

I thank @Alex Brecher, for this lovely website where I have gotten great insight and many giggles.

This group is awesome...and each and everyone has added to my knowledge base... I love participating on this give/get of info! So glad we have somewhere to share!

shout out to at least one person

I'm thankful to alllll WLS survivors that give their great advice

write their wonderful experiences :)

listen to us when no one else will

singling out one person out is too hard - you've all been great, helpful :rolleyes:

i am "thankful" for the little birdy that sits on my shoulder :huh:

"she" reminded me that i must loose weight!!!

convinced me that having the sleeve was the way to go

helped me deal with many different emotions (good and bad)

was always there for me in good and bad times

she stuck with me these past 3 years

hope that little birdy never flies away

I "guess" i'm thankful to me) :huh: ;) :) :D

did i say that right??? :blink:

might sound strange (consider the source ;) :D )

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I am so thankful for the wonderful friends I've made on this site, both in the real and virtual world. Their support has been a lifesaver for me and if I can help even one person, I know I've paid it forward.

A special shoutout to Carolinagirl and Missy (who is no longer posting). These two ladies still have no idea how important they were to me when I first went on this site...a woman in such physical pain that I could barely walk, a woman so scared about what this surgery would do to my destructive but comfortable relationship with food that I couldn't even imagine the good parts. And oh how good it's become. I walk without a cane. The pain is now minimal. The world has opened back up to me again. I have a man in my life again... I am happier than I've been in such a long time and it's all due to shedding this awful horrible weight I've been carrying around for such a long time.

And thanks most of all to Alex for making this site available. He's a real hero in my eyes and I am humbled to call him friend.

I would like to thank the founder of Bariatric Pal, Alex B. Without him there would be no group for us. I also am thankful for EVERYONE who post topics, comments, or just like others. It's all so encouraging.

I'm thankful to be having surgery the day before Thanksgiving! My thanks also to @@CowgirlJane, @@LipstickLady, James M. (whose exact handle I've forgotten), and tons more vets for always having such sage advice.

I am thankful for everyone - vets and newbies alike - for helping me learn about this process, about myself and about life as a thin person through our open and honest sharing together. I continue to make discoveries about myself and my growth and the discussion with all of you helps me everyday with that path.

It was Tiffykins (who no longer posts here) that helped me find the courage to believe that success might be possible after my epic fail with the lapband. seeing her success gave me the hope and faith I needed to give it a try. I am forever grateful and have tried to spread the message of hope to others.

I am also grateful for the many people who proceeded me in getting reconstructive plastics. I cannot adequately express how beautiful I feel - for the first time in my whole life - starting in my late 40s - I have become my real self... as funny as that sounds... I am now physically, and in many ways emotionally, what I always dreamed.

@@CowgirlJane that was really beautiful :)

Jesus H Titty f****ing Christ. I typed out love, life and the universe and I lost it. Don't like this website!

So, who cares? I'm still here fother muckers. Life has been very difficult for me recently, but I'm still lurking. I'm still head above the Water. Miss you lot, but life got in the way. Sorry x

As the film once said : You create it, she will come.....

You created it... I came. Not in the biblical sense, you understand. If I had, it'd be the immaculate f***ing conception!

Oh, who am I kidding, I'm practically the virgin Mary! ;)

But if you call, I shall come. Love you all xx