Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Panniculectomy only after surgery. Any comments on your feelings after with the results.

I'm supposed to have a panniculectomy done December 8th. Worried I will not be happy but can't afford Tummy Tuck at this point. Insurance is covering Panniculectomy. Anyone had just the panniculectomy and if so how do you feel about the results? I have a small area above the belly button but not crazy.

Hi:

Did you ask your surgeon what the difference in cost would be? I had full Tummy Tuck, but my insurance paid about 70% because they covered the cost of panniculectomy. Might be worth waiting a little longer to save up for the full tummy tuck. I think it would be strange not to have a bellybutton anymore.

Best wishes to you.

Sue

I am definitely going to wait until I can afford the full Tummy Tuck. I would look strange with a large abdominal buldge and a tight panniculus(?). Too much like a ball, I think.

Im having abdominalplasty January 2nd joping all goes well for me ,surgery @ Vanderbilt University in Nashville.

I used care credit it was $8,550.

So you are just having your extra skin removed below the below the belly button right? Are you excited?

So you are just having your extra skin removed below the below the belly button right? Are you excited?

im having complete upper/lower Tummy Tuck its abdominalplasty w/belly butyon redone.for $8,550

I have surgery Monday. I'll update you soon

please do let us know how recovery goes also im on Facebook under (sherri landers scheffler ) if anyones on there yoy can friend me.

I am scheduled for a panini on the 19th of Dec. please repost how you did... Would love to hear your story!

I didn't know there was a difference. I'm kind of scared about this. Would like to hear more about these procedures. Anyone else have stories to share?

Please post before / after pics if you're comfortable.

My insurance will cover paniculectomy if it hangs below pubis at 18 months.

Not sure it will but will cross that bridge in 12 more months

I didn't know there was a difference. I'm kind of scared about this. Would like to hear more about these procedures. Anyone else have stories to share?

Panniculectomy is different from abdominoplasty, in that abdominoplasty tightens the muscle as well as removes excess skin and fat, but a panniculectomy is performed only to remove excess skin and fat.

Read more: http://www.abdominoplasty.com/go/tummy-tuck/article/panniculectomy.html#ixzz3KnZkcAlf