Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Opinion about coat?

In years past I have bought a decent coat on the cheap at Burlington Coat Factory.

Kathy, thats such a wonderful idea about the donations on the board, i was also wondering what i was gonna do with a family of 4 on 1 income, and i never knew or even thought of thrift stores, planning on bringing all my big sized work clothes that i have now! So i can give back and maybe get myself something new!! Thank u soo much for your reply!!!

Check also if your area has a Dress for Success chapter. I worked for a welfare to work program and we often had trouble obtaining work appropriate things for plus sized gals.

Thrift store!! Or sometimes churches have coat drives around this time of year. You can probably call around and see if any of them are doing a giveaway and get a free one.

You sound like me. .I'm tired of being in the same clothes and I'm sure ppl ate tired of seeing them too but I refuse to buy anything now. .I WOULD GO TO GOOD WILL OR Walmart AND GET A CHEAP ONE! WM USUALLY HAS THEM THAT ARE IN STYLE BUT CHEAP SO THEY DON'T LAST BUT THAT'D BE PERFECT!

I would get one now. I have gone from a size 20 to a size 4 in 13 months and have had to keep a nice wardrobe going for work. The only way I could do it was to find a really nice consignment shop and buy there. Then when I sized down I would take them back in, re-sell them and get the next size down. I was able to make it work doing that. In fact, now I can pretty safely invest in clothes because I'm not planning to size any further down than a 4, but I still stop in there from time to time to check out good deals. Sometimes I get things with the tags still on them. In fact a couple weeks ago I got a new leather jacket with the tags on for $15. :-)

Buy a coat. My old winter coat is a size 24/26. It is way big. So I bought a new coat. I had to. I looked ridic in the old one. I had that Lands' End coat for multiple seasons. The thing is that I doubt the new one will last me more than one winter because I am still actively losing. I bought the 1x, but could have gone with the XL on the size chart. The 1x is a bit looser than I thought it would be!

Coats are on sale right now. Places like Macy's have coupons you can layer on top of the sale price. I got my coat from London Fog's website for $109. http://www.londonfog.com/women/outerwear/view-all-outerwear/flynn-quilted-long-down-coat-faux-fur-trimmed-detachable-hood.html

I would get the coat now from wherever you want. It's a huge boost when you can try it back on later and swim in it. Last month I had to go to a big event and had to buy a new dress because I didn't have any that fit. I bought a new one knowing that I would never wear it again. I didn't care because it was 3 sizes smaller than I would of worn just a couple of months ago. I try not to buy anything that I really don't need right now so I'm not wasting my money. It's hard though. We all worked really hard! Who wants to walk around in baggy clothing!!!

Ebay. I just sold my winter coats on there. Wish I had seen this would have offered them to you. Sold 1x

I do have a men's xl columbia 3 in 1 jacket if you want it? Fits woman 1x loosely and 2x may maybe tightly.

I wore it loosely at 240

I just bought a coat at goodwill for 5.99!

I bought 2, yes two coats at Lane Bryant last March on sale.. big markdown. Now they are both way big... but I can layer sweaters underneath and I was never a fashionista so they will do for this winter... Next winter? Who knows.

I'm in the same boat! But my surgery is on the 2nd. I'm waiting and making due with wearing my husbands fleece coats and sweatshirts for now.

I might check out the thrift shop though.

I'm a fashion gal. I have loads of coats so I can probably make it thru this winter without buying a new coat. I have different coats for different occasions. I have the Scandal inspired cape I bought last season on sale last season. I have a down vest for the gym. A 3/4 length dress coat, a red toggle coat that was a bit too snug last season but will probably fit just find this year, and my old standby that I call the dog. It looks like Fozzie Bear. It's brown and shaggy and a size too big, but when it gets cold I can pile on the sweater and I don't freeze one bit.

I love fashion, I'm a couponer and I catch sales so I'm rarely in a bind for clothes.

If any of your ladies are considering buying a winter coat her are a few sales I saw online.

Jessica London - JLVIPFAB 30% off already reduced prices

Woman Within - WW16066 50% off and free shipping