Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Just a quick hello to say I hope everyone is doing well! Sounds like everyone is losing and plugging along. I have been in a slump a bit lately and really need to get a second fill. Guess I will check into this one of these days, just sooooo busy all the time! Well, hello again and hope all is well with everyone! Miss you all!!!!!!

Indigo - Great Job with the exercise, you go girl!!!

Lynette- We're the exact same weight.

NewCC - I can't stop thinking about your friend's family. I'm am so so sorry for them. I am praying for God to be with them, and give them strength.

Phyl - I also said a prayer for your son.

How ya doing with the fill? I ate a piece of meat too fast, it hurt like hell for about 4 mins. That's really the first time I felt something like that. The nurse said I can go for another fill 10/22. I haven't tried bread. I still can eat too much, and get hungry too soon. I would like to eat 1/2 cup at each meal with satisfaction for a min. of 4hrs. Sound reasonable?

Phyl - I also said a prayer for your son.

How ya doing with the fill? I ate a piece of meat too fast, it hurt like hell for about 4 mins. That's really the first time I felt something like that. The nurse said I can go for another fill 10/22. I haven't tried bread. I still can eat too much, and get hungry too soon. I would like to eat 1/2 cup at each meal with satisfaction for a min. of 4hrs. Sound reasonable?[/quote]

Appreciate your prayers for our son. Thanks, all.

I think your expectations are realistic and I think I'm getting there.

I'm doing pretty good since the fill Monday. I have a lot more restriction. Most of the time about 1/2 cup is what I can eat. There are times when I can eat a little more, but most of the time 1/2 cup. My DH has been fixing me approx one egg omelet with eggbeaters each morning and this week I can only eat 1/2 of that. I am pretty much down to three meals and a snack at night. Previously I was eating 5-6 times a day.. about every 3-4 hours I was hungry.

Just a quick hello to say I hope everyone is doing well! Sounds like everyone is losing and plugging along. I have been in a slump a bit lately and really need to get a second fill. Guess I will check into this one of these days, just sooooo busy all the time! Well, hello again and hope all is well with everyone! Miss you all!!!!!!

Jeannie - Make time for yourself - go get that 2nd fill - you didn't go through all the trouble to get banded not to use it... Go Get A Fill!!

Indigo - Great Job with the exercise, you go girl!!!

The nurse said I can go for another fill 10/22. I haven't tried bread. I still can eat too much, and get hungry too soon. I would like to eat 1/2 cup at each meal with satisfaction for a min. of 4hrs. Sound reasonable?

Thanks Denise - I can tell you one thing those 4 miles can wipe you out but it feels good to be able to challenge myself - plus the more i exercise the more i can eat and still lose weight - I am like you I can eat too much. 10/24 is my 2nd fill

I'm doing pretty good since the fill Monday. I have a lot more restriction. Most of the time about 1/2 cup is what I can eat. There are times when I can eat a little more, but most of the time 1/2 cup. My DH has been fixing me approx one egg omelet with eggbeaters each morning and this week I can only eat 1/2 of that. I am pretty much down to three meals and a snack at night. Previously I was eating 5-6 times a day.. about every 3-4 hours I was hungry.

Phyl - I want to be where you are - I can eat 1/2 cup of eatbeatter and would love to be full on 1/4 c - my gosh you are getting full on 1/2 of that...

I can't wait until the 24th - I can't beleive that when I called the 1st of Oct that I had to wait 3 week to get in - my doc does fills only on weds - I have a whole week & 1/2 and right now that seems like a long time - I am hungry too often and willpower only goes so far..

But the way i am looking at it is that if i max out at 1500 calories a day is sure alot better than 4000 calories and i am eating healthly.

Good afternoon everyone. I just had a few minutes so wanted to check in. I am feeling much better since the unfill but DEFINATELY hungry alot. Damn!! LOL She was right....being 'backed up' must have made it too tight and now that problem is rectified (haha) now I am back to square one. Wish I would have known that before hand I would have just tried the milk of mag. That is ok though I would rather be safe than sorry.

I am debating about calling this week for another slight fill or just waiting until after our Halloween party and going then for a fill. I want to be able to eat at this party but yet at the same time I feel like if I put off my fill just so I can eat more at this party then I am trying to 'cheat' my band. I don't need the food to have a good time. Those thoughts are the old Jackie comming through again. LOL I think I will call this week and see if I can get in for a fill like she told me. Do I sound like I am nuts?!?

By the way. I noticed that alot of us on here have said we have the '10CC band'. Firday when I was talking to the PA she told me that there is not a 10CC band but rather a 10 CM (centimenter) band. All this time I have been freaked out because I had what sounded like a high amount of fill in my band thinking it was 10CC and I had 9.? CC after the last fill. I was so worried about 'topping out' even though she told me there was no way for someone to do that. I felt alot better after her correcting me on the CC and CM dilema and the over fill dilema. I just thought I would let others know that may be confused as well about the band.

Bought a pinata for the little kids for this party last Wednesday. I didn't but the candy though because I just didn't want the temptation in the house. Today DH and I were in town and they had candy on sale so I told him 'lets buy it but only buy enough to put into the pinata so that we don't have much extra to temp me. (I buy healthy Snacks for our house all the time so the family has snacks also just healthier than CANDY!) Anyway, the old Jackie popped in there also using her PRE-band eyes for judgement on how much candy we needed. We get home and mix all the candy and start filling the pinata. I BAUGHT WAY TOO MUCH CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UUUGGHHH LOL Oh well I need to get over it. I will keep telling myself if I absolutely think I HAVE to have a piece 1 every now and then is fine but if I gorge I am cheating no one but MYSELF!! Oh the dilema! HAHA Not a very good week to have the chocolate in the house anyway. Aunt flo will be visiting in about a week and I always seem to go on a feeding frenzy the week before. Janet I will need you to work double and triple shifts (as the food police) setting on my shoulder this week. If I pick it up slap my hand and yell NO!!! LOL

Well gotta go read my book. I love reading VC Andrews books. I am on my second time around since I was a teen. Can't believe how much I had forgotten about them. LOL

Hope you are all happy and good.

P.S. The other day I told you all that our local news was having a segment on the Body Bugg. Had to tell you that they interviewed 2 doctors for hospitals in our area that are all for the bugg. The doctors said people are more honest when it is just them that is seeing their numbers and they realize how many calories they are actually eating and how long it takes to work those calories off. They also interviewed a few people at a local gym who have bought the bugg and these people said wonderful things about it as well and how it really holds them accountable. One women said she has lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks because she finds herself moving alot more just to watch the calories burned numbers go up. (you have to buy the display also to be able to see this at all times otherwise you would have to plug it into your computer to get your numbers).

If anyone is interested though 24 hr fitness has the bugg on sale for $279 and free shipping and the display is around $70. I just wanted to let you know because I know a few have talked about it. I am not working for 24 hr fitness now. LOL:p

I am debating about calling this week for another slight fill or just waiting until after our Halloween party and going then for a fill. I want to be able to eat at this party but yet at the same time I feel like if I put off my fill just so I can eat more at this party then I am trying to 'cheat' my band. cThose thoughts are the old Jackie comming through again. LOL I think I will call this week and see if I can get in for a fill like she told me. Do I sound like I am nuts?!?

By the way. I noticed that alot of us on here have said we have the I BAUGHT WAY TOO MUCH CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UUUGGHHH LOL Oh well I need to get over it. I will keep telling myself if I absolutely think I HAVE to have a piece 1 every now and then is fine but if I gorge I am cheating no one but MYSELF!! Oh the dilema! HAHA Not a very good week to have the chocolate in the house anyway. Aunt flo will be visiting in about a week and I always seem to go on a feeding frenzy the week before.

Janet I will need you to work double and triple shifts (as the food police) setting on my shoulder this week. If I pick it up slap my hand and yell NO!!! LOL

One women said she has lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks because she finds herself moving alot more just to watch the calories burned numbers go up. (you have to buy the display also to be able to see this at all times otherwise you would have to plug it into your computer to get your numbers).

:eek:

OK Jackie the food angel/cop is on her way NO candy have your DH put it somewhere that you don't see it or know where it is..... CALL THE DOC ON MONDAY !!!! Get the fill before your party...

I was just telling someone on the slow loser site that I am all too familar with the little mind games that we play with ourselves... That truely is what us fat people do we play these little mind game - we try to lie to ourselves.. But see you really aren't beleiving those lies by what you said i feel like if I put off my fill just so I can eat more at this party then I am trying to 'cheat' my band IMHO I agree 100% - this is the whole reason for the band... and if you don't use it - then what's the use of getting it...

For your feeding frenze before Aunt Flo - stock up on sf choc pudding - Healthy Choice Fudgecicles - Dannon Light & Fit yogurts - buy those and eat them instead of the fattening stuff - they are just as satisfiing... Really they are...... and here I go breaking the rules - but I have the 100 calorie bags of popcorn when I want chrunchy salty food - i spray with I cant beleive its not butter spray and add salt - it takes care of that saltly chrunch factor - I eat one piece at a time.... Not handfulls like in the past....

You are on your way to a healthy mindset about food - you are going to win this battle - You are realizing that your little lies to yourself for what they are "lies & mind games" And you are ready to quit playing those games...

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Tough band love :kiss2: love being the operative word

xoxox

Janet

I got this from wasabubblebutt - thought it was cute - (I love these kind of things) Think my name is approriate - angel / devil -

Yep, that's my Halloween name according to the following website:

Get your goth name

What's yours?

vicious tongue

is my Goth Name for Halloween

violent beauty

When our daughter brought me candy from Hawaii... chocolate covered Macadamia nuts... my DH hid them.. He was doling them out to me one at a time every few days. But I only had two or three before he told me they were gone!! He was apparently eating a few every time he gave me one, and in between!! I was mad when I found out they were gone, but better in him than in me!!

My goth name is Crimson Moon. I have been stuck for so long. I'm getting aggravated. I'm walking an hour a day on the treadmill at 3.3 - 3.5 and at a grade from 1.5 to 6.0 and nothing. I feel like a lap band failure at this time. I know it will show because I am also watching what I eat but it is frustrating. I told my husband to put the scale away so I wouldn't get so upset. I just want to go to my doctor with a loss the next time. Thanks for listening to me whine.

I just got my Goth name : Velvet Crotch

What da hell??? Ya'll names ain't nasty, How come I get stuck with the nasty name?

I definitely can't share this name!!!!!!

My goth name is Crimson Moon. I have been stuck for so long. I'm getting aggravated. I'm walking an hour a day on the treadmill at 3.3 - 3.5 and at a grade from 1.5 to 6.0 and nothing. I feel like a lap band failure at this time. I know it will show because I am also watching what I eat but it is frustrating. I told my husband to put the scale away so I wouldn't get so upset. I just want to go to my doctor with a loss the next time. Thanks for listening to me whine.

That is frustrating! I know I went about a whole month with very little loss... August, I think. Then I started losing again, then stalled again for a few weeks, now I'm losing again. i've had two fills and go back two weeks from tomorrow for a possible third. I have a fair amount of restriction, but it fluctuates from day to day and even hour to hour. I am very restricted in the morning and sometimes all day. Other days I can eat more at lunch and/or dinner.

Have you had one or two fills?? The scale can be a curse! I like to get weighed each morning before my shower, but it would probably be better to weigh once a week! It's great encouragement when the scale is moving, but very discouraging when it's not!

I just went back to the Goth site and put in my DH, I'm using his name.

Bitter Beauty

I tried changing one letter of my name to get something better, but it only got worse! LOL

I tried Phyl, Phyll and Phyllis and went back to Phyl..... Violent Beauty! What does THAT mean????