Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good morning everyone!!! Such a beautiful day here today. Everything is going well with me. I have been trying to analyze why I keep getting the golf ball feeling in the chest after eating. I decided I was getting hungry, eating too fast and, probably, too much. So yesterday I starting trying to eat more frequent small meals and it worked. Wasn't as hungry, ate slower, no pain. I did, however, stick to softer food...I was scared.

Caolin, I am going back to a Protein Shake in the am because I don't think I am getting enough Protein in. That may also be part of my problem. I am sipping on one now, in fact.

I was busy yesterday trying to make sure I had easy things to eat this week. I bought some hummus, made Lynette's chicken salad, browned ground beef and made straugnoff (sp?), and put some up for a meal later this week, and cooked some chicken and cut it up for a chicken dish this week. I also bought some frozen fruit pops for Snacks. Hopefully, with all these high protein finger foods I can get the protein in and not be too hungry. I will let y'all know how it goes.

My eating yesterday wasn't good at all. I went out with friends, had drinks and ate chicken wing after chicken wing. I also had a chocolate sundae. It was small but full of calories, sugar and fat. I know that it certainly wasn't as bad as it would have been pre-band but I was grazing all nite. To make matters worse, I didn't walk at all yesterday.

Today was better. I had 2 chicken wings for Breakfast and I didn't eat until 5 hours later. This morning that Protein and little bit of restriction went a long way. I had 1/2 a stuffed pepper and about an ounce of pork at 5:30 and now its 3 1/2 hours later and I could eat again. I'm drinking Water to help stave (sp?) off the hunger.

Walking record

I walked for 30 minutes in front of the TV today as I watched Ugly Betty. The time went by quicker than expected. I'm feeling my exercise mojo wearing off but I know I must stay the course!

Good walking record..!!!

Now about the fills and tightness. If I understand, you have only had 1 fill to date... so you havn't aceived proper restriction yet... This is why you were able to Eat and Eat those nasty little chicken wings...

Once you have proper restriction 2 or 3 (sometimes 4 fills) you'll only be able to eat 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of food(total) at a meal. And you will steadily lose weight.

I too have trouble making 'good" food choices.. Instead of the Chicken wings, why not try chicken thighs w/o the skin.?? the meat is nice and moist and lots of protien, without the fat calories from the skin. Are you eating veggies with your meals?

Icecream sundae, oh I hear yah there GF, I had a slip this week too with choc. icecream... I only did it once, but had a stern talking tomyself..

Hummm, is this a $16,000 tub of choc icecream??? NAH!! So I threw the rest in the trash. The next nicht when I was having a Chocolate attack I baked up some BLACK BEAN BROWNIES, I got the recipe off of the Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople web site, they have marvelous receipe selection and also a place where you can build-in your OWN family favourites so that you can tweek them with Splenda, lower fat marg. etc.. add more fibre... yada,yada.. this way you can have an old family favourite but work it out just a bit healthier so that you can incorporate it into your new lifestyle.

Also on Sparkpeople you can input and track your food, calouries, protien grams, fibre etc... its totally awesome.. play around with it for free... costs YOU nothing.

Peaches, great ideas and advice. I've only had one fill, and know I don't have the restriction that others have. I'm happy with it for now, since I have to travel quite a bit the next few months. But know I want it to be tighter soon. That website sounds great.

Carolin, my doctor does not recommend we continue having Protein Shakes. He recommends solid food. The reason being that you can consume far to many calories when you have shakes and liquids. Solid food is also more satisfying and since it is solid, it won't go through the band very fast and will keep you full longer. A shake will move through really quick. He also says that having Protein at each meal is enough for our body's needs. So I usually have an egg at breakie, chicken at lunch and then my main protein at dinner. When I've added it all up, I'm getting the recommended daily amount.

I went to visit friends yesterday who live in Brights Grove (Mike Weir's home town for the golfers among us). A beautiful little town that is right on the lake. We have steak, potatoes, corn and dessert. I ate only a little bit, and for once the food wasn't my main focus... conversation and friends were!!!! This was amazing. In the past I was way too focused on the food.

KathyBad;

When is your next fill scheduled? Are you going back to TBLC for it or your own family doc???

Are you going to try and come to the next Bandster Luncheon in October???

I walked 5 miles in an hour yesterday and today I get in the scale and 2 lbs. are gone!

Exercise is totally the way to go. If you haven't started go ahead and do so, you will be glad you did.

Kathy- My dr. also told me no Protein shakes/add-ins. She said just eat whatever until you are full, after all this is the way skinny people live.

Peaches, thanks for the tip on the Sparkle website. Those recipies look great. I am enjoying just going through them all.

KathyBad;

When is your next fill scheduled? Are you going back to TBLC for it or your own family doc???

Are you going to try and come to the next Bandster Luncheon in October???

Peaches, I was scheduled for Sept 27th, but am travelling on Oct. 6 to Palm Springs, so didn't want to be too restricted. I return on Oct. 11, which was supposed to be my date for my 3rd fill. So I plan to reschedule my second fill for around Oct. 16th or so.

I will be going to TBLC as I don't have a family doc in London. My family doc is in Toronto (our lovely health care system eh?), so would be a trip either way.

When is the next Bandster luncheon? Which tread/website do you go on for that?

Peaches and others....

Thanks for the info. My food choices are horrible at times but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I can't wait to get to my sweet spot though. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get another fill when I go to my next Dr's appointment. The only time I feel the effects of the fill I had is in the morning and thats not enough.

Walking record

45 minutes around my neighborhood. The sky is beautiful today.

Hello everyone!!! I just caught up on the posts and thought I would stop by and say hi.

I have been looking at Halloween costumes for the DH and myself for a costume party we are invited to. We always get invited and I never dress up. Was always afraid that I wouldn't fit in to a costume. Anyway, I jsut ordered both of our costumes and get this...........I am really worried that the one that I bought will be TOO BIG!!!!!!!! LOL I bought the bigger size just to be sure but DH says what if its to big? I contacted the lady and she told me she would gladly exchange it for a smaller one for me. We are going as Raggedy Ann and Andy. My kids are going also but I jsut can't get them talked into being Raggedy Ann's cat and Andy's dog. LOL I can see why they wouldn't want to be the pets. I just thought the whole idea would have been cute for all 4 of us to go as one theme. Now I am off to look for costumes for them. I can't believe how excited I am about this this year.

Everyone sounds like the are doing wonderful. Congrats ladies and keep up the great work. I will try to check back later. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!

Jackie- Good Luck! One more thing for us bandsters to look forward to- Halloween costumes/party/great fun! Yeah! This keeps getting better and better.

Chim--Guess who else has a b-day on Oct 26? You, me and Hilary!

Lindaa, that is too cool! You're an Oct 26th baby, too! I had also read that Mahalia Jackson and Pat Sajak share our b-day.

Jackie

If the band is tighter in the morning why does it loosen up later in the day? The amount of saline in the band hasn't changed over the course of the day so I don't get why the feeling is different later on. I'm asking because my doctor hasn't talked to me about this.

I understand that our bodies are a bit swollen in the mornings, so that's why the band feels tighter and loosens throughout the day.

I walked 5 miles in an hour yesterday and today I get in the scale and 2 lbs. are gone!

Exercise is totally the way to go. If you haven't started go ahead and do so, you will be glad you did.

You are so right!!! Exercise is DEFINITELY the way to go. It will help w/our wt loss, but it also helps w/our overall mood and energy. I love exercise and certainly miss it when I don't get to do it.

hey everyone,

just wanna say hi!! got on the scales (once a week on mondays)

another 2lbs down. yippee!!!

hope everyone doing well!!

Peaches, I was scheduled for Sept 27th, but am travelling on Oct. 6 to Palm Springs, so didn't want to be too restricted. I return on Oct. 11, which was supposed to be my date for my 3rd fill. So I plan to reschedule my second fill for around Oct. 16th or so.

I will be going to TBLC as I don't have a family doc in London. My family doc is in Toronto (our lovely health care system eh?), so would be a trip either way.

When is the next Bandster luncheon? Which tread/website do you go on for that?

Go to the CANADIAN BANDSTER thread here on Lapbandtalk... its usually a thread by Donna D or LoriLY.... also DODDIE63 hangs out there... all very nice ladies.