Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I TOTALLY agree that we have an EXCELLENT support system with each other on the lucky # 7's. I have to admit that I haven't even looked at another thread on lapbandtalk since right before surgery. I was getting freaked out by some of the 'horror' stories before surgery so I had decided I wouldn't look at other threads b-4 and then I just never went back. I know there is alot of great info out there but honestly I get worried when I read some of those posts and we do have a great system right here in our own yard so for right now I don't feel like I need to look over he fence. LOL

:car: to all!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing great tonight. I'll try to check back in later!!

Jackie - I loved your fence analogy - that's too cute - I look over the fence for interesting threads - I have given tough lap band love to some who were scared to be banded or just have question like we did in the begining - it's alway nice to talk to people who already have the band - and i like hearing the stories from those who have had theirs for a while. - see that's where you can help others who are afair...- I wasn't afaird even after reading the bad post on complications - i figured i had enought compllications just from being fat and i could walk out the front door and get hit by a truck - I am not much of a worrier - once i make my mind up it's done..

Well I am trying to update my ipod - so gotta re-boot - will be back in a few.

Hey gang!

I can't wait until I get my first fill. Can ya'll believe I still haven't had my first fill, yet? Not until 9/27. I need one ASAP. Most of you are on your 2nd and 3rd fill. :cry I can eat quite a bit, so the 27th can't get here fast enough. Not sure of my weight loss b/c I don't weigh myself. I wait until my doc appts for that. Other people keep telling me that I look great and that I'm losing...guess I'll know soon enough. I hope my doc is aggressive w/filling.

Chim, hope your weigh in next week is fantastic! You've got real will power not to weigh yourself!

Anna, thanks for the kind words. I'm a marketing manager and my team and I manage all product packaging, public relations, consumer affairs, promotions, website, research and recipe development.

I'm in Baltimore now on business... missing my family. I don't travel very often, so do enjoy the time by myself and dinner out. But miss the family. Tonight we went to a nice restaurant and I had fish and broccoli. Tomorrow we are going downtown to a crab house for a crab feast... yummy!!!

Chim, were in Maryland are you? My dad used to live in Gaithersburg and Damascus. I have to agree... I love Maryland for crab.

Anna, thanks for the kind words. I'm a marketing manager and my team and I manage all product packaging, public relations, consumer affairs, promotions, website, research and recipe development.

I'm in Baltimore now on business... missing my family. I don't travel very often, so do enjoy the time by myself and dinner out. But miss the family. Tonight we went to a nice restaurant and I had fish and broccoli. Tomorrow we are going downtown to a crab house for a crab feast... yummy!!!

Chim, were in Maryland are you? My dad used to live in Gaithersburg and Damascus. I have to agree... I love Maryland for crab.

Kathy have a few bites of crab for me - i use to want to eat my way around the world - not i guess i will just have to taste :car:

Waking record

No walking today. I wore cute shoes to work and when I got home my hooves were on fire so I didn't feel like walking. I'm getting back on tomorrow.

Waking record

No walking today. I wore cute shoes to work and when I got home my hooves were on fire so I didn;t feel ike walking. I'm getting ack on tomorrow

Ssankofa - I leave those cute 4 inch heels to you young ones - when i was your age i wore then be not anymore - I do have 1 pair thickest heel about 3 may be 4 inch whe a nice padding - but now adays limit my self to 2-3 inch heals - maybe when the weight is gone i will try again

Exercise for the week 9/13 to 9/19 11 miles and 15 min on weights

Tomorrow is my weigh in day - wish me luck :car:

Read over the posts quickly and wow, everyone seems to be doing so well! So proud of everyone!

Hello, Dini!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope all is well with everyone!

I'm not sure about where to post this but ....... does the lapband cause any thing to go off at airports?? I just thought about this!

No it's plastic - Here is an interesting tid bit of news - My doc say that they are working on a remote control band - it's about 5 yrs off - but wouldn't that be so cool !!! Well, I couldn't wait 5 yrs - so guess i'll be happy with the way fills are done today..

Well crap! That didn't work right! Okay here it is; I'm soooo proud!

Jnkntrnk - :clap2::clap2::clap2: Congrats:clap2::clap2:

Hi Everyone!

Janie

The band is made of silicon so airport security won't detect it.

IndioGirl

Good luck with ur workout and weight loss. With all support u give I know ur gonna do very well.

In 5 years, we won't have to worry about a remote control band because we'll all be fit and/or skinny waaaaaay before then!!!

Last night I ate too much at dinner time. I had leftovers from boston market that I think should had lasted me for at least 1 1/2 meals and I ate it all in 1 sitting. Granted, it took me about 30 to 40 minutes to eat it (too long for bandster time). I was so hungry when I came home from work that I just kept eating even when I I know I should have stopped. I still need to stop my impulse to eat. I think part of my problem was that fact that I skipped my afternoon snack because I forgot about it.

Walking Record

I did 30 minutes of walking in the neighborhood around my job.

well just flew back from south africa. No security problems with the band but a great filling of fullness. I learned from the flight over so i ate very little before the flight, just thought you might want to know

Hi Everyone!

Janie

The band is made of silicon so airport security won't detect it.

IndioGirl

Good luck with ur workout and weight loss. With all support u give I know ur gonna do very well.

In 5 years, we won't have to worry about a remote control band because we'll all be fit and/or skinny waaaaaay before then!!!

Last night I ate too much at dinner time. I had leftovers from boston market that I think should had lasted me for at least 1 1/2 meals and I ate it all in 1 sitting. Granted, it took me about 30 to 40 minutes to eat it (too long for bandster time). I was so hungry when I came home from work that I just kept eating even when I I know I should have stopped. I still need to stop my impulse to eat. I think part of my problem was that fact that I skipped my afternoon snack because I forgot about it.

Walking Record

I did 30 minutes of walking in the neighborhood around my job.

Ssankofa - Thanks- I just know how to talk a good game :)- wish i could alway do as i preach :D- but am good for the most part - :)

got on the scale twice - 216 1st time and 217 the 2nd time - I am taking the 2nd time since i lost 3.5 last week - so that makes me 33 lbs lighter.. Getting there slowly but surely - i am that little train that could.

Last nite i had a 3 oz fish w/el pato (mex hot sauce) and then ate a burritto (impluse eating cuz i should have only eaten half) - beef cheese tortilla - 300 calories and then 2 pudding during the night - so did ok for last night didn't over eat too much -my total calories for the day was like 1010... and walked 2 miles -

well just flew back from south africa. No security problems with the band but a great filling of fullness. I learned from the flight over so i ate very little before the flight, just thought you might want to know

Good think to know - Did you have a good time in South Africa - I heard it was beautiful...