Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Had my first fill today. He only had a little trouble sticking the port. He put in 1 cc and I drank a sip of barium. It just sat there and didn't move at all. Then it started refluxing back up my esophagus. Waited a few seconds and it still wasn't moving. So he took out 0.25 cc and took another sip of barium. This time it did trickle through so that's where we left it. 0.75 cc! Doesn't seem like much. I hope this provides some restriction. liquids only the rest of today, mushies tomorrow and slowly advance.

About the cruise....my puppy is having hip surgery Friday so unfortunately my finances are in dire straights at the moment. We're cruising next May through the Panama Canal for 15 nights, so I really have to save. But keep me in the loop just in case!

Travel agent just emailed me some great rates for a 4-day to Baja out of Los Angeles.... $300-350, in April. She's still looking for better rates on Holland America to Alaska, but would have to be May or September. Thoughts anyone????

OK whos bringing the dh dg dw etc - or is this a solo curise??

Sounds good to me - cuz for me not airfare ;0) you know if you go single its 200% of the 300 - so us singles would have to room or pay the cost whichever they want - any smokers out there?? I like the balcony cuz i only smoke outside. I am a past carnival & royal caribeen curise...

Indio- whats a dg or dw?? Im so not up on this lingo!!

Dear/darling girlfriend for those who have them instead of husbands - I didn't want to assume that everyone here was straight (since we really haven't discussed our sexuallity here - but again no one has come out and said they have a gf instead of a bf - but didn't want to offend those who are gay - just trying to be polictality correct :0) - I'm a 2007 kinda girl ;0)... Maybe is should have said DM - for mate..

DW = wife for any men that might be here - i thought we had a Chris or John once upon a time - DH darling husband or some times the d can stand for damn - depending if you love them or hate them that day :0)

Hi Everyone!!

I have not posted here since a couple of weeks before I was banded.....and I now realize that I need to have some band buddies because I feel that I am not doing this right!!!

I have lost a total of 31 pounds, but most was before the band. I had my 1st fill August 11, then my 2nd fill, September 12 and I only lost 4 lbs for that month! The Dr. said it was fine, since I was at the low end for BMI on the lap band, 41, but I feel that I could have lost 4 lbs without the band!

I really don't feel full when I eat, (only sometimes can I tell I have the band). I thought it would be more consistent. I am exercising, about 2-3 miles a day, walking.

HELP!! I need to get on track regarding eating......

Can someone tell me what they have for Breakfast, lunch, dinner & any Snacks for a day? That would help me a lot!!:confused:

Hi everyone, I've been MIA for awhile, and too many pages to catch up on. Hope everyone is well.

I got my first fill and am doing really well on it. I can comfortably eat about 1 cup of food per meal, and do have a decent amount of restriction without being too tight.

I have had 3 PB's, but they haven't been too icky. 2 times in the morning and 1 time in the evening. Each time I didn't chew enough, and it came up really easily with no aweful feeling.

Every day I've been having 3 meals with 3 Snacks. This has helped me not feel too hungry, and has kept my blood sugar under control. I'm diabetic and my readings have been really good!!!

We had our court date on Sept 14th so now Sarah is officially our daughter!!! It was really amazing. My whole family came to the court to share in the moment and then we had a party in the evening to Celebrate. It was really wonderful. Family and friend, plus our social workers who managed the adoption all came, and we had it catered. They did an amazing job, excellent food & drink. With them doing all the work, we could enjoy ourselves. I've attached a couple of pictures of our special day.

I did end up eating a bit more than I "should" have, but really not an issue, and still right on track. I haven't weighted myself yet, but know I'm losing!!!!

I love my band!!! I was supposed to go for my second fill on Sept 27, but am going to Palm Springs in early October and don't want to be too restricted while I'm away, so will get it when I return.

post-220980-13813135510416_thumb.jpg

post-220980-13813135510588_thumb.jpg

HELP!! I need to get on track regarding eating......

Can someone tell me what they have for Breakfast, lunch, dinner & any Snacks for a day?

O. K. here is my menu for today, thanks to SPARKPEOPLE.com:scared:

decadant whey protien powder, 1 serving1405225nu-remove.gif Milk, nonfat, 1 cup861208nu-remove.gif Milk, 2%, 1 cup1221258nu-remove.gif Benefibre, 1 tbsp, 1 tbsp0000nu-remove.gif

nu-lunch.gif

spacer.gif

Wendy's Caesar Side salad, 1 serving70247nu-remove.gif Porterhouse steak, 3 oz1330618nu-remove.gif Chili's Garlic Toast, 1 piece, 0.5 serving100962nu-remove.gif

nu-dinner.gif

spacer.gif

Chicken Thigh, 1 unit (yield from 1 lb ready-to-cook chicken)49028nu-remove.gif Indian, Aromatic Basmati Rice, aprox 3/4 cup, 0.33 serving1242033nu-remove.gif Cream of Mushroom Soup, 0.25 cup53441nu-remove.gif Baby Carrots, raw, 1 large6100nu-remove.gif Del Monte pineapple Tidbits, 0.13 cup13400nu-remove.gif Caltrate 600+D, 1 serving0000nu-remove.gif

nu-snack.gif

spacer.gif

Black Bean Brownies, 2 serving (view recipe)1581878nu-remove.gif Sugar Free RICE pudding, 1 serving (view recipe)1171825nu-remove.gif

spacer.gif CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINspacer.gif

nt3_totals.jpg1,1711054194

That would help me a lot!!:confused:

Sorry, that may be a bit hard to read.... total 1171 cal.

Awh, what a nice photo!!! You all look so happy...

CONGRATS to you all.

Your w/l is coming along nicely too... dosn't it feel great!!!

I broke 180 this a.m. and was 179.4

Hopefully I'll see you at the next Bandsters Luncheon eh/:confused:

We had our court date on Sept 14th so now Sarah is officially our daughter!!! It was really amazing. My whole family came to the court to share in the moment and then we had a party in the evening to Celebrate. It was really wonderful. Family and friend, plus our social workers who managed the adoption all came, and we had it catered. They did an amazing job, excellent food & drink. With them doing all the work, we could enjoy ourselves. I've attached a couple of pictures of our special day.

I did end up eating a bit more than I "should" have, but really not an issue, and still right on track. I haven't weighted myself yet, but know I'm losing!!!!

Congratulations! that's wonderful! Great pictures.

Hi Peaches,

Let me know when the next bandster's lunch is. Is this from TLBC or from canadianlapbanders.com???

As for what I typically eat... this is my average menu since my first fill. It's been keeping me satisfied and I think it's pretty good nutrition wise:

Breakfast:

coffee with cream (I know my only thing I can't give up!!) I drink before I eat my food...

1 poached egg on 1 whole wheat toast

snack around 10:30 am

1 yogurt cup (I buy "Source" brand... tastes good without the aftertaste)

Lunch around 12:30 pm

Usually leftovers from dinner:

2-3oz of Protein

1/2 cup of veggies (cooked)

1 Babybel light cheese snack

Snack around 3pm

1 pkg of All Bran Bites

dinner around 6:30pm

4oz of protein

1/2 cup of veggies

1/4 cup of starch (rice or potato)

Snack around 8:30 pm

1 fruit (banana/apple or orange)

This typically runs about 1100 - 1300 calories and keeps my blood sugar happy. In the morning I will either have an egg and toast or 1/2 - 1 cup of Cereal. My cereal choice is either Kashi or "Good For You".

Hope this helps!

Kathy - WAHOO! Congratulations! I love the dress too! You are doing so well! Time to update your photo! Sexy mama!

Peaches - I think you only need freak out when YOU feel that you are just not ever satisfied. There are days when the food just goes down easily and days where you just can't get much down at all. It's all about our choices for food and you seem to be doing ok with the choices. Under 1200 calories for the day ain't that bad...considering most of us were probably eating over 3000/day pre-band! Take it easy and keep track of what you're eating...somehow that helps us to stop eating.

It's obvious I'm in need of another fill...I can totally eat more than 1 1/2 cups of food at a whack. I've noticed that I PB a lot more than everyone else, but I also start eating my meals with fervor and take big bites and don't chew well enough...I'd say I PB at least twice a week...nothing big, just need to re-adjust the food in my body so it will go down and into my pouch. I've also noticed that when I eat too slow I can shove an unacceptable amount of food in me! YIKES! I try to use the band as a tool, but the tool needs some maintenance for me to continue here. I'm totally jealous of you all that can get fills easily...without all the travel and money involved for me! (I figured that with airfare, the fill appt. and shopping, etc. it costs about $1000 for each fill!) Count your many blessings! I'll start counting calories!

Hi Kathy;

there were folks there from both Surg. Weight Loss Centre ( Dr. Coburn) and TBLC (Dr. Yau)

there were about 18 of us and what a blast... to put all the Cyber names to real faces..

Plus the conversations were hillarious... everyone eavesdripping on all the others... then breaking in.

Various stages of Weight loss , but i never saw a more happy bunch of people...taking charge of their lives and enjoying it.

I ordered a LOBSTER/SHRIMP/SCALLOP sandwich on Toasted Wholegreain bread... then to find out it also came with a SALAD!!!

Too much food, I left the bread and just ate the seafood filling from 1/2 the sandwich, didn't touch the salad.< /p>

I brought it all home for hubby...

Dini, Congratulations on 163! I would be absolutely thrilled if my scale said that, but not too much longer for me.

Lindaa, I bet those compliments made you feel wonderful! Congratulations.