Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Lynette - Bummer, sorry about the money.

I forgot about the telling people thing - I too wish I had not told anyone at work. I told my principal, my secretary, and the front office secretary. So Friday, I'm sitting in my office and a teacher is sitting with me. She proceeds to ask me a question about my band and eating. I was taken off guard. What the hell? I didn't tell her. Once you tell 1 person it ain't a secret no more. I guess everyone knows now. I wished I kept my fat mouth shut!

Only4me

I already had an appointment for the middle of October scheduled. I wasn't told to come in every 6 weeks.

I wasnt told to come every 6 weeks, but when I was leaving Melanie told me to make an appt for 6 weeks, I asked her if that was how the fill appointments were spaced apart and she said yes, it you needed one only.

So I did get some bad news, but figured it was coming sooner than later, but the hospital will not be refunding my $9600. They tipped off the insurnace of their mistake, and the insurance co. will be getting their $1600 refund for paying by mistake. Sucks, but oh well. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, even for the self pay. It's been worth it.

Lynette - it sure would have been nice if you had gotten that $$ - well maybe somethiing else will come your way .

Congrats to all the big losers. Things are going very slow for me.

The fill lady said I could come in again in 2wks, but she would only put half of what she'd put at 4wks so it's really a wasted trip.

My doctor rules after fill was 1 and 1/2 days on liquids then back to normal. 3 meals a day no Snacks. I feel like I have no restriction because I can eat anything including steak and bread but the band is making some difference because I am definitely eating a lot less than I used to.

We went to a steak place and I had one roll, a few bites of salad, a few bites of the potato and a few bites of the steak.

Pre band I would have had: 2 to 3 rolls, most of the salad, most of the steak, and some potato. NewCC - Who is Sydney?

Mango - you are doing very well you are right there with me and you are a week or so behind me. Your bmi is less than mine and I think that for the ones who don't have as much to lose it comes of a tad slower -

Ok gang - no ones really here - but wish me luck - I am going to my Nephew for a BBQ - I'm not worried about the eating so much as the drinking :confused: too bad wine has so many calories.. Well I can't drink to much any way cuz i gotta go to work tomorrow...

Good Luck Indio Girl! I just came back from a friend's birthday at a Mexican restaurant and let me tell you it sucked. I love margaritas! But they are super loaded with calories, so I steered clear. I had to leave early to avoid temptation. HANG IN THERE!

testing, testing 1 2 3

Hey all,

Phyl, it was Laurend that was keeping all the stats. I'm no good with numbers, LOL!!

Marcy, so you got some BLING for your anniversary!! Whoo-hoo, you go girl. My 5 year is coming up in 2 weeks, but bon't expect any of that. We'll be in Florida on vacation for our anniversary, and that's enough of a present for me.

So I did get some bad news, but figured it was coming sooner than later, but the hospital will not be refunding my $9600. They tipped off the insurnace of their mistake, and the insurance co. will be getting their $1600 refund for paying by mistake. Sucks, but oh well. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, even for the self pay. It's been worth it.

So, are you getting any refund. Or did you pay $8K and the insurace is getting their entire $9.6K back? If you read my post a couple days back, my insurance company not only turned me down for a partial refund, but went back and disallowed consult appt claims they'd already paid. Ridiculous! But hey, like you, it was worth it!

Peaches

Is your ticket correct? Did u lose 60 lbs in a little over 2 months? WOW!

Yes my ticker is correct, except that I lost the FIRST 40lbs Pre-banding, by dieting/excersising on my own, but I was plateaued for a year, and was terrified of REGAINING my weight so I decided to get the BAND in July07.

At surg. I was 200, today I am 180 and on my way to 130

hence I am down 60 lbs, with 50 to go.

Peaches

Congratson losing the 40 lbs pre-banding. That's signficant. 2 years ago I lost 40 lbs then I gained back 30 of those lbs before being banded. You made a smart move!

Thx SSanofka!

I appreciate that. In the last 20 yrs I have gained and lost the same 100 lbs over and over again. Spent a fortune on Herbal magic (the only magic is how fast your money disappears!); Weight Watchers (multiple times- a lifetime member LOL) Beverly Hills Weight Loss Centre; Hypnosis; Diet pills (Meridia & Xenical); South Beach; Aitkins; Calorie counting; Overeaters Anonymous Meetings... the only thing I didn't try was Hormone injections...

After my year of platauing my Family Doctor FINALLY agred that LapBand Surg. might be of value.... duh!!!

This is the first time in forever that I have HOPE of losing and KEEPING IT OFF for life. I am so happy to have made the decision and even happier that we have this great web site to share our stories on.

The best support ever!!! ROCK ON

Good Luck Indio Girl! I just came back from a friend's birthday at a Mexican restaurant and let me tell you it sucked. I love margaritas! But they are super loaded with calories, so I steered clear. I had to leave early to avoid temptation. HANG IN THERE!

Cazulay - I am back - i did great - my nephew poured me a glass of wine i had one sip (ugh awful) and when he wasn't looking poured it out. Ate about 1/2 c chicken - 1/2 c Pasta - 1/3 cup beans.... Not stuffed but full.

Sydney is my best friends daughter. Lynette's 3 sons are my 3 sons best friends. I am so reluctant to post this because I so want to hide my lap band because I live in such a judgemental environment (and can't change that!) I shouldn't care what people think, but my husband or kids might (and I do to when it gets down to it). If anyone searched our lap-band site for me, this info right here would give me away! BUT prayer for Sydney and James and Lynette and their boys is so much more important than my secret although I'd like to keep it! I guess Sydney and her struggle have impacted my emotion and eating so that's how it applies to my weight. Lynette has lost weight, I gained! Anyway, any prayers for this dear family are greatly appreciated. They have endured a very hard road for a long time now and are doing an amazingly good job at living through this nightmare. I find their response to very very hard circumstances motivating when life seems tough for me. Thanks for listening!! CC

CC - I totally understand - I had a cousin who had lukemina (sp) but she was older - 16 i think when they first discovered it - not clear on all the info as they lived in England. But for a child to be sick like this is just so very heart breaking... My grandson was born w/a club foot and it was so upsetting to me back then "Why Us God" then you go to childrens hospital and see a beautiful little girl with no arms - our problems could be worst (not meaning that i wish any problems on anyone) but just that we are usually so unappreciatitive of our own stituations. I will keep them in my prayers