Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Breadlady- green mountain makes the hot chocolate k-cups

Indio- The only thing I order at starbucks is Coffee.......the real thing.....I go for the bold blend. I refuse to spend $5 on drinking something that wont give me a buzz.

Indio- but it is alot of fun just listening to the people order at starbucks, I have no Idea what the heck they are saying.

Phyllis -- Take a linefrom the movie Network. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more.

Kathy -- Congrats to you, your husband and family on a full time job.

Brandy -- you are doing great with your weight loss.

Have to go exercise. Had to take the pets to the vet this morning. My dog is day to day week to week. I thought we were going to have to put him down today. They took blood again to see where his renal values are. Two weeks ago he was in the vet and after 4 days of fluids they changed a little. We'll see. He is older and it hurts.

I am asking everyone to please be careful driving when it has rained. The other night my nephew hit a low spot on the road where Water was. His car hydroplaned and he crashed into one of the overpass poles . He needed to be removed from his car with the jaws of life after removing his car door and half of his steering wheel. He was wearing his seat belt. He will be OK. He had surgery and lost his spleen. His stomach and colon were shifted to the other side of his body and had herniated into his diaphragm. To top it off after the accident someone took his school laptop, his books and his Nintendo Wii. Talk about low. So please be careful. Thanks.

Morning everyone :wave:

I went for my first fill yesterday. YAY! :clap2: Everything went well. I didn't feel anything. My doc asked me if I was nervous, I told him "No, I'm excited!" :Banane20: I told him my appetite had increased, not to the point where I was ravenous and always hungry, but that I felt I was eating a little too freely. So we got that sorted out in less than a minute. Who said "no pain, no gain"? Pft!!! :D

My band is 4cc and I got 1.75cc fill. He was initially going to give me 2cc, but the restriction came up short of that. I can feel it. Last night was a little tough because my head was telling me I wanted more Soup, but my body was telling me it was enough. I really need for my head to get with the program! :D :Banane20:

More good news. That sleep study bill I told you all about for $734; I spoke with the staff there yesterday and they got their office accountant to come chat with me. She took a copy of my bill and told me I should never have received it in the first place. She's going to sort it out for me and call me when she gets a response from the centre in question. According to her, yes they were an out of network centre, but they agreed to charge me as if I was IN network. Forgoing the extra cost they billed me for. Apparently this do this all the time with my doctor's patients. I didn't know if I was happier about my fill or the fact that I wouldn't have to pay this unexpected bill.

And the icing on the cake, I lost 2 pounds this week when I thought it would have gone the other way because of my increased appetite. Life is goooood. Oh yes sireee it is! :Banane20:

Ruby- good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ribearty- Please tell us your nephews first name so we can pray for him (whoever would like to).

Hi Everyone

My motivation for having the surgery and losing weight is that I have been overweight since childhood and I'm sick of it. I have been on diets since I was 12 or 13 years old so you could say I've been dieting for the majority of my life. I've always been able to lose some weight but then I'd put it on again plus more. Over the last few years I started having numbness in my toes, joint and back problems, shortness of breath during exercise not to mention low self esteem. I finally decided to have the surgery back in the beginning of the year. I'm glad I did it despite the struggles that go with it. A few months ago, my doctor told me that I'm pre-diabetic. I don't want to die a slow and painful death that includes losing my toes, going blind and having to stick myself constantly to check my blood sugar. I was scared that death was coming for me. i also want to look better and feel better.

Earlier when I said that I was scared about my fill I think I wasn't clear. I'm scared that I'll gain weight before I get my fill. My weight loss has stalled since last weekend and I haven't lost the 2 lbs that I gained during my period. I was down to 245lbs and I went back up to 247lbs. I don't want my pain and hard work to be for nothing. Failure is NOT an option.

Ruby

Thanks for the heartfelt post. I feel the same way about our little online support group.

Phyl

I'm glad that they moved up your fill date.

Walking record

I finally went for a 40 minute walk today after 2 days of no working out. It felt good to get out there again. I want to fit my workouts into my workdays. I have to find the time to do it.

I am asking everyone to please be careful driving when it has rained. The other night my nephew hit a low spot on the road where Water was. His car hydroplaned and he crashed into one of the overpass poles . He needed to be removed from his car with the jaws of life after removing his car door and half of his steering wheel. He was wearing his seat belt. He will be OK. He had surgery and lost his spleen. His stomach and colon were shifted to the other side of his body and had herniated into his diaphragm. To top it off after the accident someone took his school laptop, his books and his Nintendo Wii. Talk about low. So please be careful. Thanks.

Ribearty, I have said a prayer for your nephew and family. I think it's absolutely disgusting that someone stole his stuff. People never cease to amaze me w/their lowliness. But most importantly, I'm glad he is doing okay. I know how dangerous hydroplaning can be b/c it happened to me once. Was driving home from work durning a horrible downpour and I begin to glide and spin into the northbound lane (I was going southbound.)...VERY scary. To this day, I still get a little nervous driving in heavy rain.

Morning everyone :wave:

More good news. That sleep study bill I told you all about for $734;

Frustrated, Good things all around for you!!! Your first fill, not having to pay the sleep study bill, AND wt loss!!! WOOHOO!!!! Good for you!

Walking record

I finally went for a 40 minute walk today after 2 days of no working out. It felt good to get out there again. I want to fit my workouts into my workdays. I have to find the time to do it.

SSankofa73, I'm like you. I have to find time to fit my exercise into my day. I now have a 2nd job, so...it's gonna be tough. I work from 6am -2pm on my primary job. Then I'll be working my 2nd job from 3pm - 11pm (4 days/wk). Guess I'll have to find a way some how. Skipping it is not an option for me.

Only: I am another Keurig lover. I am on my second one! I can't make a good pot of coffee for my life - this thing is always perfect!

Motivation: Couldn't ski last spring break. Couldn't fit in womens xl and they don't make much bigger than that (that I could find). I finally found a mens many x's and an L. It really didn't fit well....knees hurt.....My family loves to ski and we have a condo in Colorado so it's not like I can avoid it. I decided I would decrease my weight rather than continue to increase. It was a horrible feeling to have my weight stop me from something. I had never really experienced that before. CC

What is motivating everyone to lose weight?

:cry My motivation comes from an unexpected source. Unexpected for me at least. It's from this forum and all of you. Each time I've battled with my weight, I've battled alone. My husband has always been very, VERY supportive and I couldn't ask any more of him. But everyone here knows exactly how I feel. That no matter how hard I've tried at losing weight, nothing has worked. You all understand my frustrations from experience. You all know that sometimes there's no logical reason for me to be hungry or to want an extra slice of pie, but I do. You understand how in the past how good it felt to eat and how awful it felt once I was done stuffing my face.

I can come here 24/7. I don't have to wait for an office to open or for a returned phone call. I come here and everything is there in black and white to encourage me forward. I get all of this for free. I'm not going to get lectured. You're not going to shake your heads with disappointment. You're not going to tell me to suck it up and try harder. The harshest (if you can call it that) thing anyone ever says here is "hang in there!"

I don't know any of you personally, but I know you share all my griefs, frustrations, confusions and sorrows. And you do it willingly. And just as importantly, you share my victories and allow me to share in all of yours. I never feel like there's a contest and that I should be doing better because someone else has the pounds dropping off them faster than me. If I felt like that, I think it'd all turn against me and I'd fail. Again. This is the first time ever where I can see a long term (lifetime) goal which is one of success. And it's all thanks to all of you. :humble:

Wow! What an inspiring post. I make your words mine.

Ribearty- very sorry to hear about your nephew. Wet roads are indeed very dangerous. I can't believe people stole his stuff, that's depicable.

Ribearty: I will pray for your nephews recovery. The story is helpful for me as I have a 15 year old with a learners permit. They think they can handle anything and don't really understand dangers that come with rain/snow/ice/night/sun reflecting/others......Thank you for sharing. I think realizing, because of the unbelievable theft, that you are even vunerable to robbery after an accident really is scary!

I think that I am the only one here banded in July and not had a fill yet. I was banded 7-16 in Mexico and waited until I needed a fill to make an appointment with the nearest doctor (that does outside fills) when I learned he wasn't taking new patients because he was leaving in Nov. It took me over a week of many phone calls and waits to be called back and I finally found a doctor that can give me a fill. (about an hour and half away) But he is going on vacation for two weeks so, I got his first available appointment 9-21. And that is just for a consultation. He better be prepared to do a fill at the same time. I am getting so frustrated. I am down about thirty five pounds but it's been hovering there for a couple weeks now aND I am dying to start losing more.

Okay, motivation for surgery????? Deep deep depression. Knew I had to do something when I laid in bed at night composing suicide notes to my husband and kids. That is why I went to Mexico...I flunked the psychological evaluation because of my depression and I knew I wouldn't last any longer for my insurance to approve the surgery. It had to be done immediately or I was going to die.

Its been a while since anyone has mentioned our July 07 Bandster cruise for next summer. I know Dini hasn't been around too much lately and she was keeping a list. Also, there have been newbies join us here since last we spoke of this. So I've been thinking about it and hope to get a chance to go talk to a travel agent who is in the neighborhood and get some suggestions from her about next summer... August time frame, right?? And we don't want to go to any hurricane vulnerable areas. I need to have an idea of how many might be interested.

Kirajh, you are not the only one banded in July not to get a fill. I was banded 7-30 and am having mine 9-17. I've really come to realize how much I need it these past few days. I feel like I'm eating almost as much as I was before surgery! Looking forward to some restriction.

Motivation for surgery? Lots of things of course. Be healthier for my daughter, be able to fit on rides easily, not shopping in the plus sizes, etc. But what really helped solidify the decision is a vacation I have planned next May.

My daughter, mother and I are booked on a 15-night Disney cruise through the Panama Canal. I've been on 2 Disney cruises before and for this one, I really wanted to be thinner and be able to enjoy all the Water activities and shore excursions. Not to mention buying a super-hot formal dress!