Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aspirational shopping

So, is there anything you have ever wanted to buy but thought you were too fat to wear? Or that you were afraid to wear (maybe you were always one of those "If I wear all black no one will notice me" girls?) Post a picture of yourself in something you thought you could never wear, or an item you want to buy when you hit a goal. I'm about 18 lbs from being below 200 lbs. So I've decided that when I get below 200 lbs I am going to treat myself to this Kensie dress from Macy's.

post-219223-0-00019700-1416165641_thumb.jpg

A bikini! Not too bad for 49 yrs old!

post-169315-14161685286085_thumb.jpg

Don't have a picture, but in my clost is a size 12 pair of white jeans. I think I may be just 10-15 more pounds down, and they will fit like the proverbial glove.

My friend and I formed an "aspirational Christmas dress pact." We each bought a dress that would look better with a 5 - 10 pound weight loss. Mine is a size 12. It looks ok on me now, but I expect it will look better after losing a few more pounds. My only concern is that my office Christmas party is less than two weeks after my breast reduction surgery. I hope I won't still be in bandages and unable to wear the dress. I'll try to post a picture.post-219492-0-43595700-1416175347_thumb.jpg

This is going to sound stupid but im excited to be able to,buy "sexy " underwear and feel good about wearing tgem

I don't think sexy underwear is ever stupid. Right now all I have are boring panties. No use spending a lot of cash on the sexy underpants when you are in the active loss phase.

@@Inner Surfer Girl If ever there was a magazine for aspirational clothing. Vogue is it. It's like fantasy in glossy magazine form. I like In Style or People Style watch. They always have stuff a broke broad on a budget can afford. LOL!!

Edited by Forsythia

@@Inner Surfer Girl If ever there was a magazine for aspirational clothing. Vogue is it. It's like fantasy in glossy magazine form. I like In Style or People Style watch. They always have stuff a broke broad on a budget can afford. LOL!!

Decades ago, when my dad travelled to Europe he used to bring back Paris Vogue for me (when it was still oversized). Talk about aspirational!

I am only two days out but shopping is definitely a top for me. I always liked the preppy look white crisp shirts with blue slacks and penny loafers. And of course the buttons wont be pulling apart and ready to snap out into someones eye!!!

So funny! I, to, have (again) begun to buy Vogue issues. Loving it!

I have an entirely new wardrobe, just over 4 months out, and I have about a third of my closet with clothes that still have the tags on them. I no longer hesitate to buy something cute if I like it, especially if it is on sale! I don't need new clothes, I have enough that I could go two to three weeks and not repeat an outfit. *went overboard for sure*

One thing I do wear that I never would have before is skirts with leggings and boots. I look brilliant and I get complimented every time!

Edited by MistyAnnMoon829