Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Know what's funny?

When I was fat and I told people I was big boned they rolled their eyes.

Now when people tell me I am big boned I Roll my eyes.

Know what's funny?

When I was fat and I told people I was big boned they rolled their eyes.

Now when people tell me I am big boned I Roll my eyes.

It's kinda funny where we end up sometimes compared to where we started. I always figured I had a "sturdy" build underneath. When I did the fingers around the wrist test it said I had a large frame. Yet when I got there I found I was more petite (even as athletic as I am--I run 20 or so miles a week and race distance races--half and full marathon and trails; yoga and TRX classes). I have lots of muscle, but just a petite frame and yes, you see my bones. Strangely that fingers around the wrist test that's supposed to stay the same now puts me just borderline small/medium frame. I guess I had a chubby wrist and sausage fingers that couldn't reach around!

My sister who lost 85lbs without surgery is sturdy--she has the same athletic pursuits as I do plus a very active job as a paramedic, but she is broad shouldered and has legs of solid muscle.

Strangely we wear almost the same size bra, LOL! Course I had help getting to cup size.

We talk sometimes about our two other sisters who are still obese and wonder which they would end up as! Would be interesting to see--I hope that day comes!

You look fine!Do what makes you happy...Doctors look on charts for a living...you know how you want to feel and look.YOU decide.

My size goal I think in US sizes is a comfortable size 10. Not been that for a decade. I should be that around 150lb.

I never really thought about it before. But I think I would ultimately be pretty happy at a 10/12

My "goal weight" was finally issued to me last week:

135 lbs

I was that 10+ years ago in High School and loved my body. I played soccer and was also very fit for a 135lber. Not just a string bean. I had the perfect women's "soccer" legs and beginnings of abs. At that weight, I was in a size 4-6. That's my goal. However, this was my goal before my doctor ever made mention of specific numbers.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

When I was at 135 pounds, I wore a size 10, but my goal weight is 125, since I was still noticeably pudgy at 135.

I'm just tired of carrying around more than 4x 40 pound bags of dog food (the way I explain what morbid obesity is like on my body) on a constant basis that I am unable to put down and walk away from.

I'm 5'2". I was 115 lbs when I got married at 21. At my age (54), I would look skeletal. I'm shooting for 130. Surgery, hopefully, June 1.

Edited by Lemm61

I have gone down from a size 3x to a size 16 since my surgery. I have always thought in terms of lbs not clothing size. My goal is 150 - although when I get there, I will probably see if maybe I want to go to 140. As far as size goes, I think I would be quite happy with a size 12.

I've always liked myself at a size 10/12.

I'm about 50lbs from my goal weight and I'm just hoping that my body remembers that my goal weight had me at that size some years ago, lol.

Sizes have changed a lot since most folks on here were in high school. What was a size 10 is now a 6. Other than being a single digit I didn't have a goal size given how much it varies by brand. I wouldn't recommend setting goals by clothing size but rather by weight, body fat percentage, or even BMI.