Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FINALLY! I have found not one but TWO things I **HATE** about my sleeve.

My big sweater at work has to go. It's enormous on me and it looks like I'm sleeping in it.

I'm cold all the damn time. Before I left my job, I had a dedicated sweater. But the sweater was not cutting it so I had a blanket. I KEPT A BLANKET AT MY JOB!! Who keeps a blanket at their job? This broad. I layer my clothes. Normally I detest summer, but this summer was so mild here in Chicago. I would try to go outside from the froze AC of my office but it was only 60 degrees outside when it should have been 85 and humid. I could never get warm. Right now in my own house, I'm wearing a fleece, a cashmere scarf and my winter hat. The heat is on. So yeah, that aspect sucks. But I would not trade it for being 312lbs and diabetes again.

Not only do I have a blanket at work, I also have an electric blanket because I'm always SUPER cold. Now that I'm 1 day post-op I'm afraid of just how cold I'm going to be!

You know how in the winter the department stores sell cuddle duds and thermaskin underlayers for when it is cold? I'm just gonna get some of those because they are thin and layer them under my normal tops and pants. That's the key to layering. Not bulk, but thin layers.

You know how in the winter the department stores sell cuddle duds and thermaskin underlayers for when it is cold? I'm just gonna get some of those because they are thin and layer them under my normal tops and pants. That's the key to layering. Not bulk, but thin layers.

I do have one pair of cuddle duds... I just need to find them. :)

I do have one pair of cuddle duds... I just need to find them. :)

I do too, but I know mine are too big. Until now, they were only for when it got butt ass freezing. Like, last winter when it was -10F out and they canceled school here in Chicago. Otherwise I never think about them! But they are in the stores now so it's a good time to pick some up.

Never heard of cuddle duds, but I do have silk longjohns I wear under my pants in winter. I wear boots instead of shoes if it's cold out. My idea of cold out is in the 50s.

It was worse the first year, but I'm still colder than I was. My mom bought me some rockin wool socks. They are super thick and rather ugly, but I wash and wear them day after day in the winter because they are the only socks that keep my feet warm.

I also layer tops in the winter, with a cami, shirt, and sweater. Then I top with coat, hat, gloves and maybe a scarf for outside.

Lynda

I'm cold all the damn time. Before I left my job, I had a dedicated sweater. But the sweater was not cutting it so I had a blanket. I KEPT A BLANKET AT MY JOB!! Who keeps a blanket at their job? ...

Me! And I haven't had surgery yet.

Never heard of cuddle duds, but I do have silk longjohns I wear under my pants in winter. I wear boots instead of shoes if it's cold out. My idea of cold out is in the 50s.

It was worse the first year, but I'm still colder than I was. My mom bought me some rockin wool socks. They are super thick and rather ugly, but I wash and wear them day after day in the winter because they are the only socks that keep my feet warm.

I also layer tops in the winter, with a cami, shirt, and sweater. Then I top with coat, hat, gloves and maybe a scarf for outside.

Lynda

WAT? Are you in So Cal? There are people here in Chicago still wearing shorts when it is 50 out. LOL! But if you are somewhere like San Diego, I can see why you would never hear of cuddle duds! They are quite similar to your long johns though. :)

http://www.cuddlduds.com/women/layer-by-warmth/lightweight/softwear-tailored-legging-with-smart-layer.html

Silk johns can be found in LL Bean. Just a thought.

Silk johns can be found in LL Bean. Just a thought.

I can relate - I'm sitting here with wool socks, sweat pants, tank and sweatshirt, topped off with two blankets. I cannot get warm.

Milk - doesn't bother me, but the 1/4 cup of ice cream I just had is bothering my tummy a little.

I'm a little over 2 years post op and I am cold all the time! I even had my thyroid checked but it came out normal. I live in Houston so it doesn't get as cold as other places but I'm shivering! I hate it! I still can't drink with meals, can't even eat Soup, it hurts! So, I'm with you on both things!

Well, I am anemic and have not, yet had the surgery! So.....I am cold all the time anyways. Do you think it will get worse! Good thing is I live in the south so cold don't last long here!

I am 2 days pre-op, born and raised in Seattle. Not the coldest place in the country... By far, but it is pretty damn wet. I have always "ran hot" (although running never had anything to do with it). When I was younger we had some pretty serious snow storms for Seattle's standards. I was the crazy kid who went swimming in the 2 foot deep snow... In my bathing suit. I am a firm believer in my damp overcast weather. When it is cold outside I have a better chance at not sweating my ass off for once. I have always said that I much rather be frozen to the bone then be boiling through my skin. I can always layer more and create heat, but I can never get rid of that muggy layer of sweat that never seems to wipe off. I even sweat after taking a nice refreshing shower! That annoys me the most I think.

Anyway, I have to say that I'm excited to feel cold! It promotes the possibility of being closer with others, more snuggles never hurt anyone!