Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December will be 3 years for me... why am I suddenly so dang hungry?

So sorry to hear of your Mom's diagnosis. I'm thinking of you.

My work has fizzled and my Mom is ill with stage 4 lung cancer.

Oh I still remember the first time I went and they pulled my face up. I was horrified! My lips stretched out and so did my eyelids. My extra skin is not so bad to get in my way, so I'm leaving it alone. Baggy butt, saggy chin and all.

lynda

mine started when I went headlong into a depression episode after I saw my plastic surgeon.

Ladies,

I truly hope you feel better soon RJ. You are an inspiration to me.

Chelenka, I hope your mother is able to fight the cancer and I pray you both have the strength you need.

Those ugly "fat girl" habits which got me to 338 pounds are always right outside the door, doing pushups and fighting for the chance to come back into my life. I know it's going to be a lifelong battle to keep them outside that door.

I wish you all well. You have all been so helpful to me in this journey.

Blessings,

Kathleen

Thank you all for the kindness. RJ -- i think a plastic surgeon is probably looking at you and thinking in a technical way about how they can do the job. The thing is, as CGJ says, to not take this personally. That would be very difficult since it's your body and you've been through so much. I'm in awe of your courage! I don't think I could get myself to undergo plastic surgery even if I had the money. But I'm a big surgery phobe. Not sure how I got myself to have the VSG! LOL!

I think stress triggers me to want to eat. I find exercises helps, especially walking and yoga. I'm loving yoga which I feel like is saving my life in a way. Only thing is I think it's built up my upper back and shoulders which is changing how my clothes fit.

I find it ironic how I stress over a few lbs now. I also feel so fat! What's up with that? While technically I am still overweight I'm a shadow of my former shadow, as one friend told me. I catch myself being very negative about certain aspects of my body rather than grateful for my wellbeing and my transformation. My body has carried me for 55 years and that is a beautiful thing!

Lots of love and light to all you beautiful ladies. We'll keep it together, together!

Chelenka -- I am so, so sorry to read about your mom. My mom passed away 2.5 years ago from Oat Cell Carcinoma, an inoperable, aggressive type of lung cancer. Those days of caring for her were so difficult for me, and I'm praying for you that you're able to make the time to keep making good choices for your health. Many cancer centers offer support group meetings for families. Also, food-wise, this might be a really good time to do a little meal prep (or allow hubby + friends to help with this). I was pre-sleeve when my mom was sick, but thinking back, life was so emotionally difficult and physically challenging that we relied on lots of takeout. If you can do it, it might be worth grilling up a bunch of chicken or buying precooked meat, Protein bars and shakes, steamer bags of veg, proportioned fruit, etc. so you have good things ready to go. I know you know these things, but it is just so important you keep taking care of YOU while you take care of her, and that is very hard to do.

Thanks to all who have expressed such loving concern for my Mom and me. Wanted to post an update here. My Mom has been responding well to the Chemo so far. She has had 4 treatments and after the 6th they will do a scan to see if it is having the desired affect. I am very relieved and thankful that her suffering has been alleviated and she has been able to return to some of her previous activities although not everything. I have been taking a lot of yoga classes which feels like a life saver to me at this time. I need to get some aerobic exercise too and I like to walk or bike outdoors but the weather has been too cold for me these past two weeks. Guess I'm gettin old! LOL! I belong to a Planet Fitness but I don't like it there. It's a tallness issue. I like to use the elliptical machine but the ones they have aren't comfortable for me. I like to hold onto the part of the handlebar that monitors your heart rate occasionally as I have a target heart rate I'm going for. I have to lean forward on their machines to grasp the handle bars and it bothers my back. Seems like a small issue for such a cheap gym membership ($10 a month) but the reality is, if I don't like it I won't use it. I have managed to drop a couple of lbs but it's going very slow. That's OK as long as it goes! Hope everyone is doing OK. Hugs to all!

April 2015 will be my 3 years and I'm experiencing the same increased hunger and feelings of no control. I weighed myself and gained 15lbs. I can't screw up. I've thought about it and see what I'm doing wrong. Eating too much, grazing and eating the wrong things. I have also been slacking with getting to the gym. Sigh. I just can't seem to get the scale moving again. I did the 5 day pouch test and failed miserably while on the liquid days. Maybe I will look into the 5:2 plan.

I have the same problem being hungry if I'm not eating enough quality Protein. I still use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury at least once per day as I can eat so little at a time. Have my two year check up when we go back to Michigan for the holidays. Will see what my bloodwork is when I go. Don't give up!!

I have family members not talking to me and I don't know if they are jealous or they don't have to. My mom passed away a year ago April and last year, the first xmas without her my sisters couldn't work out a time to get together. We bought a townhouse in Florida in Feb and sold our house and moved to a condo in MI the end of Oct. Have a brother that is cognitively impaired that I'm trying to get family together and one doesn't return my phone calls, texts, or emails. My husband and counselor say it is not my problem but I have always been the caretaker as I'm the oldest of 6. Trying to do away with that but old habits are hard to break, including eating when I am stressed. Now I'm losing weight and below where I want to be which can be bad, too!! Thanks for letting me vent. Holidays can be hard too in so many ways!!