Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Check in: Week of Nov 17th Sleevers!

Hello all-

Here are my stats:

Surgery date: 11/18/2014

Pre op: 339 lbs

Day of surgery: 325 lbs

Current: 312 lbs

Down 27 lbs!

Everything has been going really well up until today. For some

Reason after I chewed my Vitamin i got sick several minutes later and was vomiting. Been kind of blah feeling the rest of the day.

How is everyone doing sticking to the good stages ? I admit i had some mashed potatoes on thanksgiving and a bite of yam (added milk and squished both up good). Trying to stay on phase 2 stuff but boy am I ready for stage 3.

Hello all-

Here are my stats:

Pre op: 339 lbs

Day of surgery: 325 lbs

Current: 312 lbs

Down 27 lbs!

Everything has been going really well up until today. For some

Reason after I chewed my Vitamin i got sick several minutes later and was vomiting. Been kind of blah feeling the rest of the day.

How is everyone doing sticking to the good stages ? I admit i had some mashed potatoes on thanksgiving and a bite of yam (added milk and squished both up good). Trying to stay on phase 2 stuff but boy am I ready for stage 3.

Awesome work!!!!!

I've had some trouble chewing and swallowing all my Vitamins too - I'm looking for a better way to get them all in. If I find one I'll let you know.

Hello all-

Here are my stats:

Pre op: 410 lbs
Day of surgery: 404 lbs
Current: 375 lbs (11/30)
Down 35 lbs

I have been logging my food via fitbit. I am coming in around 600 calories a day. I am having:

unjury chocolate protien shake for Breakfast (mixed with lactose and fat free milk 8oz)

8oz of old school V8 around lunchtime (I start to feel better when I get this in)

I also chew 2 flintstone chewables at lunch

4oz of low fat cottage cheese around 2:30

I also do my caramel chew (Bariatric Advantage) for Calcium and B12 5000 liquid under the tongue.

dinner (5:00) last two nights I had 1 egg scrambled and one piece of bacon (microwavable)

I do not seem to be able to finish all of the egg and piece of bacon and feel really full for quite a while.

Between 6 and 8 I usually have 2 sugar free popsicles.

Try to wind down for bed by 9:30.

My Water intake is bad. I am coming in around 32oz of Water a day. I need that to improve.

Hi guys!

Surgery date: 11/20/14

First doc's visit: 323

After pre op diet/surgery day: 318

Today: 292

Total loss: 31 lbs

I am still on mostly liquids but am doing some thin/pureed Soups as well. I cannot wait to have cottage cheese again. And eggs! I'm getting to the point where the Protein shakes are making me sick, regardless of flavor....I had a two week liquid diet before surgery and am now doing 3 weeks after surgery of liquids. It's pretty awful but trying to stay positive! Worried about not getting all my Protein in though (due to the shakes making me sick) ???? Water intake is great, though! Hope everyone else is doing well ❤️ it's better every day!

Hello fellow November sleevers!

Surgery date: Nov 19th

preop diet weight: 460

Surgery weight: 430

Current weight: 412

I had a great surgery with very little pain and almost no nausea. I keep feeling better and better everyday. I went from not being able to stand for more than 5 minutes at a time to walking 3 miles yesterday which was a huge victory for me. I am not able to eat very much about 2oz at a time and I don't even feel like eating that.

I am so sick of Protein shakes the taste is just to much to even think about so I have been getting in my Protein from GENEPRO unflavored Protein powder mixed into greek yogurt. It takes me all day to eat 2 yogurts (10oz) but it gets me my 84g of protein and the rest of the day I focus on my liquid intake.

It is amazing to not be hungry all the time. It was also amazing to see all that food on Thanksgiving and to be happy with just my yogurt. I have been obese since early childhood and I have no idea what it is like to not be obese. I really hope I get to experience a normal BMI at least once in my lifetime. But for now I will be grateful for the ability to walk again. Being able to go on a walk with my husband and dogs overwhelmed me yesterday to the point I want to cry tears of joy as I write this. I look forward to many more tears of joy on this journey!

So happy to hear good news from my fellow sleevers! I had wonderful Thanksgiving. Ordered in from Cracker Barrel for the family! My dietitian told me it would be ok to puree some of the turkey which I did, however, could only eat a few small spoonfuls. I've also been very fortunate in my recovery. My surgeon gives anti-nausea medicine around the clock IV until the IV comes out. Apparently this really worked for me as I have not had any nausea at all. The worst for me was the first night post-op which I was in terrible pain from the gas they use during surgery. Once that got out of my system it's been much better.

For those hating the Protein shakes- I use the GNC brand pre made shakes- both the vanilla and the strawberry and they are not bad- 25Gm Protein in 14 oz. I sometimes add some Protein powder to add a little more punch. I have also added a scrambled egg to my diet which I really enjoy and can even finish it most of the time!

Surgery date 11/19
Preop diet weight: 299
Day of Surgery): 272
Today's weight: 262
Total weight loss: 37 pounds

I am going for my 2 week post op check up on Wed...I was sleeved on 11/19. I lost about 8 lbs rather quickly in the post op phase but seemed to have stalled. Also, the oddest thing occurred today. All along I have been slowly sipping my liquids and stopping if I would get pain in my chest or back. Without thinking, I picked up a pint of Water after walking and proceeded to drink like I normally would. After that my intake seems too easy. How could this just happen? Wondering if I could have done something to stretch my stomach

I'm worried.

@@Sweetpea13 don't panic! When I first woke up after surgery, I could barely sip Water. Now I can take normal drinks of water no problem. Still can't chug, but I can drink pretty normally. It's just the swelling in your esophagus going down. When you first wake up and for a week or two after, everything is reeeeeeally swollen and so the opening for liquids to pass into your stomach is really small. Once the swelling goes down, it's easier for you to take regular sips. I am only on purees, but everyone says you will feel the resistance of your new sleeve MUCH more once you get to solid and semi solid foods. Even when I get yogurt I can only have a couple bites, and I was drinking broth and water during liquid stage like my stomach was a bottomless pit! Relax ???? everything will be fine! Good luck! ❤️

@@Sweetpea13

I am also a November sleever and was worried about the same thing. I was told you can't stretch it out with Fluid. We're just lucky.????

I did have a NUT tell me that is why I am supposed to avoid carbonated drinks for 2 years. That it will stretch your stomach. Not sure how accurate that is.

Today was my first "panic" - I had two small pieces of chicken - like a fajita strip - and I apparently wasn't eating slow enough......I felt it.....had a lot of foamy stuff coming back up and felt like if I could have burped a huge burp I works have felt better - it took about 30 minutes for the feeling to pass!! Won't do that again!!!!

Greetings!

So it has been a month since we all had our surgery. How is everyone doing? I am been very fortunate. No problems so far. Have just started to expand my diet and am able to eat small amounts of meat and vegetables. Weight loss has slowed down but still moving in the right direction so I am happy. I have discovered one thing that has me a bit nervous. My daughter brought home some home-made Cookies and I had one and discovered that I could easily tolerate and had a few more with no problem. I am not a big sweet fan but that got me concerned. Plan to avoid that bag of Cookies since it goes down so easy!

Hope all are well and having a great holiday season!

Surgery date 11/19
Preop diet weight: 299
Day of Surgery): 272
Today's weight: 251
Total weight loss: 48 pounds

Surgery date 11/18
Preop diet weight: 410
Day of Surgery): 404
Today's weight: 356
Total weight loss: 54 Pounds