Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm three weeks out and I've only lost 10 or so pounds.

I went back to work on Thursday. The last time these people saw me I weighed 291 pounds, which is before I started my preop diet. My coworkers didn't notice that I'd lost weight. Same deal with my hairdresser, who knows I had surgery. I hadn't seen him since I was heavier and he's always been quick with a compliment, but he didn't say anything.

I have crippling hunger headaches all the time. I'm nauseous most of the time. I have no energy. I'm forcing down Protein Drinks to get my 80+ grams a day and they make me nauseous no matter what I do, and when I'm not doing that, I'm forcing down Water. I'm supposed to go slow and I'm supposed to be eating pureed food three times a day but I just don't have enough hours in the day since I can't drink anything with meals.

I don't know what to do. I keep getting yelled at for being negative, but all I've been doing today is crying because I'm so discouraged. I feel like this is all pointless and that I've ruined my life.

I was down over 40 lbs before anyone noticed! But then the weight loss became more and more noticeable and now the compliments never seem to stop.

But you know what's better than compliments? The way I feel! I feel like a new person and my health feels great!

Hang in there! 10 lbs lost is 10 less than where you started. Your weight trajectory is DOWN which is where you want to head.

You're not doing this for compliments. You're doing this for your health and you did the right thing for you! The weight loss will happen with time and your efforts.

Best of luck to you and best hopes for continued success!

Thanks. That does help-- I'm not doing this for the compliments. I just worry that I'm not going to succeed.

only lost 10 pounds. discouraged, hunger headaches all the time. nauseous, no energy

@@mezzomaybe

the word ONLY should be taken out of the dictionary!! :angry:

you lost 10 lbs, that is a good start :)

10 lbs IMO is not enough to be "seen" on your body

"they" say loosing 10 lbs a month is average/good

we all loose amounts of weight in different time periods

never, ever, ever compare your weight loss to others

it took me too about 40 lbs too for people to notice my weight loss

i agree that compliments are great

but you are doing this to get heathier, happier in your longer life :)

the complimenta will come soon, but for right now, enjoy how you are starting to feel :)

since you didn't say otherwise

sounds like recovery is going smoothly

you are 3 weeks PO

give the sleeve a chance

follolw all the "rules", and your weight will start to come off

you are eating/drinking so few calories, it MUST come off eventually

please don't feel/be discouraged

you obviously are smart cookie since you chose the sleeve :)

"God Grant Me Patience Just Hurry About it" :)

take care

good luck

kathy

What these guys said up above !! And don't be discouraged ! Your sleeve won't fail you. It takes effort to mess up your sleeve. And if you ever get into that mood again, go look at the veterans board or general sleeve board. These people went through all the same crazy stuff we are going through and they are having phenomenal results. You will make it through ! You got this !!!

Yeah, well I have lost 55 pounds since surgery and nobody seems to notice except family. I give up waiting for others to compliment me. My smaller, looser clothes compliment me. =)

Thank you guys for all your support. I'm feeling much, much better now-- you're right. I'm doing this for me, not for anyone else, and I need to remember that.

:) I don't know what I'd do without the support of this place!

don't know what I'd do without the support of this place! :)

@@mezzomaybe

no reason to ever find out ;)

and i agree

we all are pretty terrific!!! :):lol:

keep up the good work :)

kathy

Yup - I was discouraged then too, and you have every right to feel what you feel. Just remember it's not your forever identity or reality, okay? I gained 12 lbs of Water weight in the hospital and it took three weeks to lose it all, and by the end of the month I'd "only" lost 9 pounds from surgery-date-weight. It was SO frustrating! I kept trying to focus on the posts I'd read about this working, and about how thankful I was not to have had bad complications as some have unfortunately had to deal with. I also kept trying to plan and sort out how to get my food in and my water--which took lots of that poor-me time up!

I've been a plateau loser most of my time now, and so i'll lose some and then sit at that weight for what feels like too darn long. I'll hope good things for you in the weeks to come @@mezzomaybe, and if you keep on it, it'll work. Really!

Last thing I'll say is that it took forever for people to notice. I carry my weight well and hide it adroitly, so I was down over 50 lbs before people really started to notice. About killed me! You've lost 38 pounds and that's fantastic! You are doing great - AND you're smart enough to reach out and check in here. Good for you! Let us know how it goes, okay?

You WILL succeed! Don't worry and don't compare yourself to others! My loss has been up and down. Weeks 3 and 4 I lost 4 pounds and I burst into tears in the doctor's office. I lose a little, then a lot, etc. And here's what else: I am down from a 2xl to an xl (50 lbs) and people are saying nothing. But then I found out they are all behind my back saying "look how much weight she's lost!" What I've realized is they aren't sure if saying something will offend me! Lol! Doesn't matter... I feel so much better and am now in the gym with a trainer. Don't worry! You are going to have great results! Stay off the scale except once or twice a month and concentrate on how you feel and how your clothes get baggy! God bless!

Edited by JCP

it took me 7 weeks to lose 17 pounds after surgery, so you are doing great! fast forward 11 months...I'm down 100 pounds. you will get there! I couldn't eat more than a couple tablespoons in a whole day at first either. Eating and drinking was a huge chore and I didn't feel normal for almost 4 months. and I'd do it all again in a second!

Try and remember you just had major surgery and it will be awhile before your sleeve can perform its job. Imagine trying to play basketball 3 weeks after having a knee or hip replacement! be patient. You will lose as soon as you are healed and can eat more calories.

And like others said, it took about 40-50 pounds before anyone noticed my loss. then Explaining about my surgery became a daily conversation.

Those small losses add up over time. It's what we do over the long haul that makes the difference. The first 3-4 months were really difficult for me, too. I didn't ever get the energy spurt people talked about, yet 2 years later, I have as much energy as I did in my twenties. Eating and drinking was a chore, now it's not. I used to think every pound lost would be my last, and that this surgery would not work for me. I was so wrong - it does work, and I learned a lot along the way on how to MAKE it work for me. It's amazing how your life and body will change over time. Just keep on doing what you know you need to do!

Okay, over a month later, I have to say: you guys were right. I've lost 60 pounds since I started my journey (45 since surgery!) and I feel fantastic. I stopped weighing myself every day, which helped my morale intensely, and I actually keep my 'before' pictures next to my mirror now to remind me how far I've actually come.

You guys are awesome. Thank you all so much.