Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 weeks pregnant, first baby,, excess weight gain

I had my surgery in 2008 i was 415 pound i was 147 pounds when i found out i was 6 weeks pregnant. even before pregnant i had alot of restriction and was always dehydrated but rather gain back weight i just kept the restriction. when i found out i was 6 weeks pregnant i had 3 cc taken out of my band because i didnt want to chance having a misscarage or any problems with my baby, which left me with no restriction at all.

I gained 20 pounds with in the first week and had swelling and i am still gaining weight at an insane rate atleast 5 pounds a week im in the gym almost 4 times a week for 35 minutes to an hour on the eliptical i and i eat alot of fruit and veggitables and i cant understand why in gaining so much weight im now 11 weeks pregnant and weigh 185 pounds. my obgyn has done test and all my brood work looks fine im just getting upset becasue im watching what im eating and exercising and cant seem to keep a steady normal weight gain.

has anyone else gained alot of weight durring there pregnancy?

I am 14 weeks pregnant and I have gained 10 lbs so far. I had restriction but not to much so my doctor advise not to touch the band. I am upset with 10 lbs cause I gained 7 the whole time I was pregnant with my first. Good luck to you!

I gained 60 lbs throughout my entire pregnancy but most of the weight gain in the beginning was Water weight/swelling. I was SO PUFFY almost as soon as I found out I was pregnant! It was crazy.

YAY hormones changes!

thanks for replies, I actualy figured out why i gained so much so fast and was extreamly swollen apparently i have a sodiuma allergy or my body is unable to process all the sodium and salt so i started limiting sodium from my diet and im at a steady weight gain now. i just have to read all labels...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!