Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie from Inland Empire, California...looking to make new friends...

Hi everyone -

I am three weeks post op and live in Ontario, CA. I have been looking for support groups around my area, but haven't been able to find one. I feel a little alone - other than people online of course. I keep thinking it would be great to meet others who have just started their journey, who are already into their journey, or who have marked their paths for us to learn from. I have no idea how to even go about this, so I thought I would just post something here and see if anyone else is near me. Its better than posting on Craigslist - haha! For me, it's hard to explain to my significant other what I am going through, because he does not fully get it. He wants to understand and be involved so that he can help, but on the other hand I know all the research I am doing online, and me being on the computer bother's him as well. The friends I currently have either live really far, or I haven't seen in quite a while. I think it's time for me to make some new friends, and if that can be someone who is going through, or has already gone through what I am going through how perfect would that be. :D :rolleyes:

Hi There. i am pre-op.. just started my liquid pre-op diet today. My sleeve surgery is on Nov. 18th! Congrats on your surgery. I am also in the Inland Empire. I live in Temecula How are you doing post op?

Hello there! Thank you and Congratulations on your surgery date! You are going to be sooo happy!! I remember pre-op, I was on the liquid diet for 7 days, and it was hard at first, but by day 5 I was getting excited that my surgery was almost here and wasn't hungry any more. I am doing really well post-op - thank goodness. I am a little sore now and then, or if I move too quick in an odd position then I feel a little pinch, but other then that I am good. I am waiting to see if I experience the dreaded three week stall, but the truth I am not really dreading it if I do. I already feel so much better, and have lost 32 lbs in the last 26 days, that if I have to wait a minute for my body to catch up, then it's worth it. Are you excited? Are you nervous? Temecula is really nice - Wine Country!! :D

Oh I forgot to mention, I also had a Hiatal Hernia repaired during my VSG surgery as well and still feel ok. I am also able to gulp Water with no problem maybe 3 good drinks, I haven't tried anything more. It was an accidental surprise actually. I forgot I had my surgery and was so thirsty I just started drinking ice cold Water out of instinct and by the 3rd gulp stop dead in my tracks and waited, and prayed, and waited some more, and prayed some more and all was good. This happened over the weekend. So now I have been able to drink and not have to sip, sip, sip.

Hi everyone -

I am three weeks post op and live in Ontario, CA. I have been looking for support groups around my area, but haven't been able to find one. I feel a little alone - other than people online of course. I keep thinking it would be great to meet others who have just started their journey, who are already into their journey, or who have marked their paths for us to learn from. I have no idea how to even go about this, so I thought I would just post something here and see if anyone else is near me. Its better than posting on Craigslist - haha! For me, it's hard to explain to my significant other what I am going through, because he does not fully get it. He wants to understand and be involved so that he can help, but on the other hand I know all the research I am doing online, and me being on the computer bother's him as well. The friends I currently have either live really far, or I haven't seen in quite a while. I think it's time for me to make some new friends, and if that can be someone who is going through, or has already gone through what I am going through how perfect would that be. :D :rolleyes:

Hi Tired! . . .

Please come to our next support group here in Ontario on Saturday, December 6!. If you go to BariatricPal USA Local Chapters and scroll down to CA-Ontario/Chino & Nearby, you will see our BariatricPal local chapter (in-person support group) thread. But, in case you can't find it. . .

We meet the FIRST SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH, 9:30-11:00 am, at Kaiser Permanente Ontario Vineyard Medical Center, Building A, 2295 S. Vineyard Ave., Ontario 91761 (on Vineyard Ave @ 60 Fwy). Our next group is Saturday, Dec 6. You JUST MISSED our Nov 1 group this past Saturday. If you can come, just please RSVP there on that thread, or just shoot me a quick email to ontchinochapter@aol.com.

Congratulations on your surgery and I totally understand your feeling the need to be around others. We are on a huge emotional road with our WLS surgeries.

Hope you can come!

Sherry

BariatricPal Ontario/Chino Chapter Support Group Leader

I am new to this sight. I live In Riverside CA and am still in the pre-op stages. I have Aetna insurance (hmo) and am just waiting to see if I get to meet with the surgeon and the suspense is killing me! I met with the NUT and she agreed the surgery would be of assistance to me, my primary Care physician is on board, I have had my psych evaluation and the clinition agreed that I was suitable for the surgery. However my sleep apnea test came back that I don't need a cpap machine but that when I hit rem sleep that I stop breathing 8 times an hour and so I need to lose weight to solve that problem. I am pre - diabetic and have elevated cholesterol (on no meds for it though) and so I'm just curious if anybody around here has had a situation similar to mine and if they were approved or not? Any input is appreciated.... I cant seem to find anybody who has aetna from So Cal

I was approved by my insurance today!! As long as all goes well with all my preops then I should be getting sleeved on March 31st!!!! Yayy!!! So happy, grateful, blessed and excited to start this new chapter in my life!!