Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting close to where I plateaued before

I am getting close to where I have always stalled/plateaued in my weight loss efforts before. To be honest I am getting anxious about it, I guess I am afraid to fail again. Things are going well. I am two weeks post op today and I have lost 28 pounds. I just hope that if I continue to do what I am supposed to do that the scale will move in the right direction. I am looking forward to saying goodbye to the 280s forever.

WARNING!!! Given what you said in your post, you need to be aware that you may be getting close to The Dreaded Week-3 Stall. It's perfectly normal, and just about all of us have suffered through it. You're not crazy, and your doctor didn't screw up. In fact, you might not lose any weight for two weeks or even more. But don't worry -- after that, the weight will start falling off if you stick to your program. If you're interested, here's a good article that explains why it happens and why we all have to go through it. Hang in there. Pretty soon it'll be in the rear-view mirror and you'll be dropping weight again like crazy!

(Apologies to BP regulars who have seen this repeatedly, but it's a big deal to those who are going through it!)

Amper, you have some real help now where you didn't before. Even when you hit those stalls, your sleeve will keep you from that frustration binging. You still have to make the right choices, but you have that tool to help. You've got this handled. Just keep doing what you are doing and if you need some encouragement, you've come to the right website.

Amper, you have some real help now where you didn't before. Even when you hit those stalls, your sleeve will keep you from that frustration binging. You still have to make the right choices, but you have that tool to help. You've got this handled. Just keep doing what you are doing and if you need some encouragement, you've come to the right web

WARNING!!! Given what you said in your post, you need to be aware that you may be getting close to The Dreaded Week-3 Stall. It's perfectly normal, and just about all of us have suffered through it. You're not crazy, and your doctor didn't screw up. In fact, you might not lose any weight for two weeks or even more. But don't worry -- after that, the weight will start falling off if you stick to your program. If you're interested, here's a good article that explains why it happens and why we all have to go through it. Hang in there. Pretty soon it'll be in the rear-view mirror and you'll be dropping weight again like crazy!

(Apologies to BP regulars who have seen this repeatedly, but it's a big deal to those who are going through it!)

No apology necessary Rog. The stalls are what trip up many of us. I have set that article as a favorite. Thanks for repeating.

Thanks guys!!!

Yeah!! Just accept it???? I stalled at 3 weeks and now again at 6! It is frustrating cause we get hung up on the number, at least I know I do...

Regardless, I'm still down and we just have to focus in the bigger picture, knowing that our body needs to adjust and is still losing inches????

Just keep thinking of where we will be next summer.. YAYYYYYY!!!

Going through all the posts and replies here

I have a question

how long does your stalls usually last

My scale haven't moved at all since 3 weeks nor have I lost in inches

Is that a normal stall duration or is there something seriously wrong? ?

@@Rogofulm Thanks for posting the link to that article. I read a lot about the stalls but never really understood why it happens or what to do about it. The article is very helpful.

Going through all the posts and replies here

I have a question

how long does your stalls usually last

My scale haven't moved at all since 3 weeks nor have I lost in inches

Is that a normal stall duration or is there something seriously wrong? ?

. If you are tracking everything you eat and staying on program with regards to carbs and Protein, you just have to wait it out. Just got out of a 4+ week stall, it sucked!! But I stayed on track a dropped about 7-8lbs in a few days when it broke.