Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, what DO you eat after your restrictions are gone?

I'm about 7 months post-op from Bypass surgery, and feeling GREAT!!! I am a bit stuck in a rut when it comes to meal planning, though. I want to make sure I'm getting the most nutritional boost from each meal that I can, but I'm running out of ideas.

So, please take a moment to share here what some of your favorite meals are for Breakfast, lunch or dinner. I'm sure there are a bunch of out there who could use a change! Keep in mind, these are ideas with NO "phase" restrictions. Obviously no sweets or high fats, but no food consistency restrictions.

Currently, mine looks like this;

Breakfast; two eggs with a piece of toast, or plain vanilla yogurt with fruit, walnuts, honey and cinnamon. Also green tea.

Lunch; either a ready made salad or half a sandwich with some fruit

Dinner; whatever I'm making for my family, just really small portion

I need a shakeup!! Thanks for any input you bypass-ers have!

Here's to your health. :D

I eat pretty much anything I want so long as I get my Protein in....

I'm over 4 months post op and have just been having a complete blackout as far as what to eat lately. It seems like I can't even remember what I should be eating. Unfortunately since eating seems more of a chore I end up just putting off eating at all. So, some input as to what others are eating would be great!

I eat anything I want. I try to stay away from breads and Pasta as they make me feel icky. I just eat 2 to 3 oz. Per meal.

Some favorites of mine are high Protein pancakes, Special K High Protein oatmeal, Textured Vegetable Protein (I make it with some raisins, cinnamon, and Truvia), Turkey Chili, Taco salad (made with ground Turkey). For dinner we have a great Turkey meatloaf recipe that I love. My family also enjoys baked salmon, grilled chicken, steak, pork roast. I have been roasting vegetables and I eat a lot of salads. I search for high protein low carb recipes, and am trying a lot of new foods. Experiment, it's fun!

I have found lately to be craving Baked Salmon and roasted squash & zucchini. But my greatest new find is Wendy's grilled chicken salad with Lite Spicy Asian Vinaigrette! One salad lasts me 4 meals! or the half salad 2. When we have been driving or traveling that is my go to stop on the road!

Great topic! I love to cook and eat, but I'm finding it hard to cook now. I feel like I over eat when I read how others on this forum eat. I have made my same recipes but small portions. The only thing is I'm guessing the portions so am probably not being honest or accountable. (I'm 10 weeks post, have lost 50 lbs with 50 to go. )

I think I need to focus on Protein based meals, fish, chicken, pork, beef... I work fairly long hours so I get home late. My saving grace has always been my crockpot. Any ideas/recipes would be super appreciated!

Same here, 3 months post op and I eat what I want. Most important is to stay hydrated and focus on your Proteins.

At 6 months post-op, I pretty much eat whatever I want. I just still stick to my doctors guidelines. No fried or fatty foods, no rice, limited pastas and only whole grain breads. I measure everything, so I have 4 ounces total. Usually 2 to 3 ounces of Protein, and a mix of veggies and carbs for the remaining portion. I have learned that I am not good at "eyeballing" portions, so I really appreciate the digital food scale I use. I don't worry about calories, I just track what I eat, and try to get my daily requirements of 60 - 80 grams of protein, and no more than 100 grams of carbs and no more than 30 grams of fats, and no more than 12 grams of sugar at a time.

I think weighing and measuring is the ticket! I'm too easily fooled...by myself!

I'm less than a week post-op and been giving this topic a lot of thought. Ideally, we should have a different relationship with food and eating lifestyle. I'm looking into Paleo and it seems to make sense. Look into it - it may be able to provide you with a general philosophy

I still have a lot of restriction. So here is my weekly menu.

Breakfast -1/2-3/4 cup of Protein fortified steelcut oats

Snack: cucumber meat roll ups (2-3)

Lunch: A salad high in Iron greens, cheese and Protein

Snack: 1/4c pumpkin seeds

Dinner: turkey chili, beef stir fry, stuffed chicken, szechuan shrimp.

Evening snack: 4 triscuit and 2 oz cheese.< /p>

My meals all weigh 6-8 ounces. In a chili, around 12 ounces.

I am 14 months out

I never measure by cup size, I always measure by weight

I am three and one half years out and I found that I need to refocus on what I was advised by my bariatric surgeon and his nutritionist. I focus on Protein and avoid carbs. Along the way, I found that I was sensitive to gluten. I have a little now and then, but not much.

For convenience I eat Atkins Bars. If I have time, I make homemade Protein Bars. I find it is good to have something I am allowed to have with me at all times. I am really busy and cannot always eat at home.

I love Greek Yogurt, still. I always have it on hand. At a fast food restaurant, I do well with the salads and I like how one fast food restaurant has the "low carb" version of burgers wrapped in lettuce. Wendy's Chili is a winner. I will have a Starbucks with sugar free flavors and soy milk. I use soy milk or almond milk now instead of regular. I could never drink milk again, but that's fine with me. I enjoy frozen yogurt for a treat. I get the sugar free variety if they have it. If not, I go to one of those places where you just weigh your portion. I get a very small portion and put some almonds on top.

I am wanting to get more creative with cooking when I get time. I am particularly interested in recipes that I can grab and go with for lunches or at home when I come home tired.

I just discovered Flatout Light Flatbread. I'm using it for sandwiches. It has 90 calories and high in Protein. Delicious with turkey and veggies. Great for lunches.