Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 18th anyone?

Home yesterday after one night in the hospital. Surgery didn't bother me while there. home is a different story. Had a low blood sugar last night (type 1 diabetic ) and drank a little too fast. Suffered all night with pain and nausea. Learned my lesson.

Starting today off right with 2 ozs of Protein Shake.

Nothing feels as good as walking does.

Surgery went well yesterday. The night was hard. They have you up every two hours to walk, for real. Was nauseous and dizzy from the pain medication. So I stopped taking it. Being nauseous and dizzy was worse than the pain. Going for a upper G.I test in a few and be able to go home by 1pm today. Glad that part is over

After my first night at home not so bad. Still in a lot of pain but that's mainly because I had complications. I found out more that there was an unusual artery in the lining of my fat stomach which they cut whilst removing stomach and obviously a lot of bleeding etc ???? I also had a large hernia removed from the previous Lapband that they had to fix. So muscle wise I'm aching but my head is getting little bit clearer. I'm shocking after anesetic. Just really glad that first part and the hardest part is over. Thinking of everyone xx

Ok I thought I was looking forward to ice chips or Water? ??? they gave me a small cup of ice chips and I chewed half and felt uncomfortably full and nauseous! Can't tolerate broth or Jello, each makes me belch and feel terrible, even water is almost impossible. Pain level is up today and they are giving me the liquid Vicodin now, thought I was going to get to go home but staying another night to see if I can tolerate liquids better tomorrow.really rough day too I know it's going to get better but it's awful right now.

Ahhh I'm so sorry! Tolerating liquids was much easier in the hospital for me. Once I got home, the pain made it hard for me to keep them down all last night. This morning hasn't been too bad but I need to up my liquids soon so I don't get dehydrated. I probably would have felt more comfortable with one more night stay in the hospital but I'm hoping to be able to do it on my own

Sleeved on the 18th. My incisions are still quite sore. Fluids are going down easier now. I showered finally. (i was scared to) My stomach sounds like a thunderstorm and im only sleeping 2hrs at a time. BUT im not hungry! Hoping tomorrow is better

I am same with Brn2Blossom. I was sleeved on the 18th and on the first night home I woke up close to every 4 hours when I take my medicine. Tonight I woke up just 2 hours later and stomach is making a lot of noise. I showered during the day when my mother was here and had no issues. I am able to drink my pain meds quicker and day 2 at home I was able to take in fluids at a regular pace. I don't know how much I have taken in yet but I know it was more than the day I came home. I never had actual staples in my body like this and it feels weird. I wonder why they chose staples over being stitched up...

Every surgeon is different. I only have steri strips (spelling?) She said they cause the least amount of scarring but you have to be the most carefull with them as they are only tape. Im doing much better today. Drinking at a consistent pace now. Water water water!

My Surgery was on the 18th. Went well. I was up walking. I could have ice chips and Popsicles. The Popsicle made me nausea. Didn't need a lot of pain meds. Did my test the next morning and no leaks!! I was able to keep the Jello and broth down, so I got to come home. Now I just have pain in my right side when I bend or turn.

I just today started to get side pains. I think it my abs healing. We are probably moving around more then before which is straining our abs. I keep checking the incisions and they look fine so im trying not to worry

I had surgery on Wednesday and they released me on Thursday. I spent the night in a hotel room Thursday night and now we are on the road to home which is a 5 hour drive :( being in the car has caused my stomach to have spasms and cramps and everytime I try to drink my nausea medicine it makes ne throw up as soon as it touches my stomach. Oh how I can't wait to be home and out of this damn car

I only had steri strips as well. I think they used a glue or something. But otherwise today finally starting to half feel normal. Still moving slowly and tummy pain, which I agree is like my muscles are rejoining. I think I've cleared all the anesetic and my head feels clearer. Great nights sleep. Only up once to walk a little and take meds. Just walked after to make sure they went down. I got on the scales this morning and I'm down 4kg since Tuesday day of surgery. But still think it's just Fluid and worried of dehydration. One day at a time ????

I had surgery on Wednesday and they released me on Thursday. I spent the night in a hotel room Thursday night and now we are on the road to home which is a 5 hour drive :( being in the car has caused my stomach to have spasms and cramps and everytime I try to drink my nausea medicine it makes ne throw up as soon as it touches my stomach. Oh how I can't wait to be home and out of this damn car

You poor thing. I had a 45 min car ride home through traffic and I couldn't think of anything worse than staying in car for 5 hours. Just take it slow. Xx

I only had steri strips as well. I think they used a glue or something. But otherwise today finally starting to half feel normal. Still moving slowly and tummy pain, which I agree is like my muscles are rejoining. I think I've cleared all the anesetic and my head feels clearer. Great nights sleep. Only up once to walk a little and take meds. Just walked after to make sure they went down. I got on the scales this morning and I'm down 4kg since Tuesday day of surgery. But still think it's just Fluid and worried of dehydration. One day at a time ????

Same experience. ????