Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleeved last night

and feeling pretty sh!tty, pardon the french.

Everything went well in the surgery, but I am in a lot of pain today. Pain meds only help so much ... they do nothing for the gas, really. I didn't sleep much, was up every hour or so. I did/am doing my walking. It helps, I guess? Gas X really helps but they make me retch. Worth it.

Just waiting now for the pain to stop. People already sleeved, how long can I expect this pain to last?

Don't know on how long the l pain lasts, but am very glad you came through well. Prayers for a quick recovery!

Just walk walk walk. I never got the pain. I did have it when I had my gallbladder taken out so I know the pain. Pain meds don't help. I made sure I walked this time and didn't have a problem

I'm 5 days out and still have belly pain, the gas I believe is gone. Unless it's settled into the back, my back sides really a he. Different pain for different people. Keep your head up and use the pain meds.

hi mnmist so sorry your in pain hope everything went well and u feel better soon

Mnmist: congratulations on finally being on the other side of the stress of waiting for the surgery. Keep us newbies posted on your progress. I am still waiting in the wings, (I admit to being a sleeve stalker). I'm relishing in everyone else's successes till I finally have my own. As they all say...walk...walk...walk...sip...sip...sip. You go girl!!

yes walk walk walk and sip sip sip! gallbladder pain/surgery is remarkably similar to the entire sleeve experience and when my gb was still in...the gas and pain was absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. the only thing that relieved me was plenty of walking and yes, an antiacid...but even THAT took time to work. after my gallbladder was out i too was in alot of pain. it lasted about 3 days and then suddenly i was able to actually live again. i was very tender but the misery of the actual pain was gone! it took about another 2 weeks for me to pretty much go back to normal living, but it took about another 6 months for my phantom pains to go away. from my experience and others...i say give it about a week, and if you are still in SEVERE pain speak to your surgeon!

Edited by mrsbailey921

Congrats and welcome to "the other side"????

I pushed that pain button till I couldn't talk... Lol. You will get through this, just walk m try to sip Water like there is no tomorrow when they let you start.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, in a few weeks it'll just be a fogy memory!

Hey fellow 10/31er,

I'm in the same boat! I thought I was doing pretty well at the hospital (with the self administer morphine med), but then this morning when they weaned me off of it and gave me ONE pain pill, that's when I realized I'm NOT doing so well. I don't know if it's soreness or gas, but two of my incisions bother me and when I dare move around, it seems all of them bother me.

By day 4 you should be feeling much better then it's pretty much all coasting after that. Good luck !

Hey fellow 10/31er,

I'm in the same boat! I thought I was doing pretty well at the hospital (with the self administer morphine med), but then this morning when they weaned me off of it and gave me ONE pain pill, that's when I realized I'm NOT doing so well. I don't know if it's soreness or gas, but two of my incisions bother me and when I dare move around, it seems all of them bother me.

make sure you are comfortable or ask for meds, I don't believe in suffering! You should have a script for liquid pain meds for home also. I didn't use much after I got home, only 2 days n it was more to just relax, but better safe than sorry????

Congrats on ur WLS!!!

Have your loved one karate chop your shoulders and back to help disperse the air bubbles. It helped me.

I also used gas x strips, but I don't think they helped much. Try getting on your hands and knees and sticking your butt in the air, or pumping your legs like we do with babies who have gas. Laying in the fetal position helps me with gas pain.

Keep walking! I think all my gas came out in burps! At least I wasn't stinking up the hospital corridor when I was walking lol

I can't seem to burp. I have ALWAYS had a problem burping, and I can feel air is trapped in me. My mom just went to go buy me some gas-x strips, so I hope they help!!

All of our experiences will vary of course. I was sleeved on a Monday and was at a mall shopping for clothes that Friday. I'd say the first two days are the most uncomfortable, but the recovery thereafter was amazingly fast. I think getting off the IV and out of the hospital speeded my recovery even faster. I'm a homebody. :)

I felt some minor discomfort for a couple weeks after, but nothing at all debilitating. I wore clothes a little looser (though I'd lost weight, so that was a good thing) and did not lift anything over 10lbs (per surgeon's orders). Considering this is major surgery, the recovery is simply amazing.