Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My nutritionist told me I could drink Decaf tea sweetened with Splenda or any other calorie free sweetener as part of my fluids, even if I drank more tea than Water. So yes..I've had it from day 1. I'm 10 days out

I was also told I could have Decaf tea. I like it unsweetened so no problem there!!

Here in the UK no-one worries about caffeine to the extent people seem to in the US. There has been no mention from my bariatric team about avoiding caffeine so I've been enjoying my skinny flat whites when I'm out and about! At home I drink Earl Grey tea without milk or sweetener and I've never drunk cola-type drinks anyway so what I've never had I don't miss.

I've had a Starbucks Venti Iced Green Tea with 2 Splenda's the other day and it didn't bother me at all.

I am 2.5 weeks post op and I love tea! I have Decaf tea at night before bed with a little Skim Plus milk, a packet of Truvia, and a dash of Torani sugar free syrups (usually vanilla or caramel). I consider it like my dessert and look forward to it all day! :)

I use stevia in my tea. I didn't realize some of my tea wasn't Decaf and I drank it since the day I came home. I also got Isopure lemon black tea that has 40 grams of caffeine and 40 grams of Protein so I get my fix.

My surgeon allowed me caffeinated tea 2 days post op. I drink it on the weak side anyway. No issues at all.

Edited by laynie427

I have been drinking a half glass of tea per day since 5 days out of surgery. I cannot have cold things (just cool) yet since they bother my stomach. I make my 2 qt ice tea Arnold Palmer style with the two table spoons of frozen limeade stirred into the pitcher. YUMMY!!

Celestial seasonings Sleepy time tea has beome my best friend. I had a cup every night starting day 4 (as soon as I got home from Mexico). The warmth and camomile was very soothing on my poor little healing tummy and I slept great (which I've had trouble with in the past). It became such a habit that I still have a cup at bedtime instead of a bedtime snack. And I've recently discovered Rooibos Madagascar vanilla tea....very delicious with a splash of milk or cream.

I was never a tea drinker before surgery, but coffee (even decaf) really irritated my sleeve postop. I have since discovered the joys of tea! I can drink coffee again now and I do have a big travel mug of Decaf every morning, but I prefer tea in the afternoon and evenings. There are so many options out there and in the summer a big glass of flavored, unsweetened tea really hit the spot with zero calories.

I'm 6 days post-op and I asked my NUT on day 4 if I could have some tea. She said as long as I cut it with fat free milk then it would be ok. Sweetened with splenda of course.