Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

During my years struggling to lose weight I have purchased a few "motivation" pieces to try and help me reach my goals. Looking forward to my surgery date (just 6 weeks!), I pulled a couple of those out tonight, this time actually sure that I will be wearing them soon.

Anyone here have an awesome story about fitting into something you were saving for when you finally lost the weight? I would love to see pictures!

Annie,

I have a hockey jersey that is a 2xl. It was pictured on my profile if you want to see it. I have not fit into it since my freshman year of high school almost 16 years ago. I was so happy I think I almost haven't stopped wearing it lol. I highly recommend having goal clothes. There will be days when you just aren't feeling it, you will feel bloated and gross. Those are the days you try on your goal clothes and see how much better they fit. Then Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate!!!

I want so badly to buy a size 8, that is 10 sizes down from what I am now. I'm just so nervous to go out and actually purchase it.

I wouldn't purchase anything that small at first. Remember baby steps. I would pick something a size or two under what you are currently wearing. You want the results to be something you can reach in a month or two. That way you notice the difference faster. Then you reach that goal have a party. Wear the clothes until they fall apart and buy another size or two smaller. Make those little jumps and you will small victories throughout and you will be at that size 8 in no time!

I have a gorgeous grey and ivory silk top I bought when I was in London a few years ago. I didn't try it on in the store (god forbid) and had no real concept of European sizes (hey, it looked big enough!), but into my bag it went. Sure enough, when I got home it didn't fit. But... I've never seen anything like it so it nestled in the back of my closet for the last few years. After I lost 35 pounds before my surgery, I tried it on. It would fit if I stayed perfectly still, but at least I can put it on. You bet that's going to be my "motivation piece" once a month until that beautiful silk fits just right!

I like this idea. I am going shopping tomorrow!

I agree with the above statements buy a item that's only 1-2 sizes down , I made the mistake of being a size 16 pair of pants when I was wearing 32 lol but now I'm down after 6 months and can wear smaller sizes down from 3x shirts to large yogu pants a size large and loving life, I haven't tried the size 16 pants on yet because I am so excited I can wear form fitting clothes and look great and received so many compliments. I hit the gym 5 times a week and that's my new high and stress reliever that replaced my old love for food, and I have met so many new friends . Congrats on your choice to be healthy keep us posted on your progress .