Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat on a normal day? Im worried :s

I am 5 month post op. But ive only lost 54/55 lbs and i see people loosing way more. I was 214 the day of my cirgury now i am 159. My goal is 120/130 but i think im not eating right.

Can you guys tell me what do you eat on a tipical day starting as soon as you wake up. Including the amounts of the food and the Protein Shake (which Protein in specific) etc. And if you cheat, what do you eat for example.

Sorry to bother im anxious to really now this because i have to guides.

I'll be 2 months out on Monday, but for what it's worth here is what I am eating now. I suspect that you can eat more in a sitting than I can since you are at 5 months.

Breakfast: Either a GNC Lean shake 25 (strawberries and cream flavor, pre-made) or one hard boiled egg with salt or occassionally 1/2 container of greek yogurt. If I don't have the lean shake, I will have 1/2 of a Premier chocolate shake (30 grams protein).

Lunch: P3 Protein snack pack, which contains small portions of turkey, marble cheddar, and almonds. The whole thing has 13 grams of Protein.< /p>

Snack: Mini babybel cheese wheel, original flavor

Dinner: Some kind of meat, such as meatballs with red sauce, or shredded beef taco meat (filling only), hamburger patty (can eat about 1/2), 1/2 cup chili etc

I have not been cheating at all. If anything I will dip/mix things with sauces or mayo but the amount is so small I don't really sweat it. I haven't had anything with sugar yet. I have twice had one single saltine cracker with my food.

When I plug this into MFP it comes to 650 to 725 cals daily.

Edited by woo woo

11 months out I range 800-1000 calories and aim for 85 grams of Protein. Breakfast: double espresso with a 12-oz vanilla Premier Protein. Morning snack: often a Light & Fit Greek yogurt. Lunch: Quest bar and piece of fruit; or hummus and veggies and fruit. Afternoon snack: herbal tea, fruit or Atkins snack. Supper: lean protein and a vegetable. Evening snack sometimes: fruit or Greek yogurt. Occasional treat such as glass of wine or tiny dessert. Down 82 pounds from highest, down to size 6 from size 20. Still working on the last few pounds.

I'm almost 11 weeks post-op and have lost 26 pounds post-op (lost 19 pounds pre-op). Here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast:

4 ounces skim milk

4 ounces coffee

GNC Lean 25 vanilla shake

lunch:

chicken / bacon / cheese (about 2 ounces total)

Spaghetti squash (about 1 ounce total)

1 tbsp sour cream

dinner:

Tilapia, shrimp (about 2-3 ounces total)

Spaghetti squash again (1 oz.)

1 tbsp sour cream

Snacks:

Greek yogurt - vanilla (5.3 ounces)

Vodka - 1 shotglass (FIRST TIME I'VE DONE THAT -- EATING OUT AT RESTAURANT)

Daily nutritional info:

799 calories

72 grams Protein

77 grams carbs

27 grams fats

3 grams Fiber

Edited by VSGAnn2014

Wow no wonder I am not loosing weight that fast I am nearly two months out and there is no way I could eat as much as what you guys are saying you eat. I eat 3 tablespoons and I am full, I normally drink Protein or drinks to get my calories to the 700 to 800 mark

Makes me concerned, reading this.

I am still adjusting to how limited my stomach is, surgery on 8/18/14 and because my taste and appetite has changed so drastically I often find myself afraid to eat. I get so sick to my stomach from foods or dread throwing up. I still can only eat a couple of bites of food and it really of course depends on the food and texture which limits the amount.

@@MzGee ... we were sleeved the same day.

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time with food.

For the record, I have never thrown up, and food doesn't make me sick.

Perhaps your surgeon or nutritionist could give you some ideas about how to approach food differently?

Best to you.

I'll be 2 months out on Monday, but for what it's worth here is what I am eating now. I suspect that you can eat more in a sitting than I can since you are at 5 months.

Breakfast: Either a GNC Lean shake 25 (strawberries and cream flavor, pre-made) or one hard boiled egg with salt or occassionally 1/2 container of greek yogurt. If I don't have the lean shake, I will have 1/2 of a Premier chocolate shake (30 grams protein).

Lunch: P3 Protein snack pack, which contains small portions of turkey, marble cheddar, and almonds. The whole thing has 13 grams of Protein.< /p>

Snack: Mini babybel cheese wheel, original flavor

Dinner: Some kind of meat, such as meatballs with red sauce, or shredded beef taco meat (filling only), hamburger patty (can eat about 1/2), 1/2 cup chili etc

I have not been cheating at all. If anything I will dip/mix things with sauces or mayo but the amount is so small I don't really sweat it. I haven't had anything with sugar yet. I have twice had one single saltine cracker with my food.

When I plug this into MFP it comes to 650 to 725 cals daily.

This was very helpful. What is MFP? And the protein snake do you buy that at the supermarket.

MFP is the app My Fitness Pal

Yescobar

I'm similar to you. 190 in June. Surgery on 6/17 and today down 42 pounds to 148.

Morning: Protein shake

Lunch: 4 - 5 bites of pork chop

Dinner: slice of meat stuffed pizza. Again only 4 to 5 bites.

Snack: maybe almonds or a cheese stick.

Treats: maybe 1/2 of a cookie or 3 bites of ice cream.

I eat whatever I want just in drastic moderation. I do eat the Protein first.

So if I'm having shrimp and spinach tortellini, I eat 4 to 5 shrimp and maybe two tortellini.

I don't grab fast food because I know if I wait until I get home I'll get full within a few bites.

Other things I eat often (again imagine I am eating the protein first)

Turkey sausage with Beans and rice

Beef stroganoff

Pork chops

Steak

Omlettes with meats and veggies and cheese

Tilapia with garlic and butter

chicken usually in cream sauce.

Spaghetti with meat sauce.

lunch meats and sliced cheeses.

I have a family of 6 at home and I'm the chef for them all. I just have to make smart choices for myself and separate the majority of the "empty" stuff.

I don't deprive myself though. I have nibbled everything I've wanted to. I have overeaten a treat and I was puking for an hour. Lesson learned.

Not too much exercise. Just started back to heated yoga!! I need to step that up.

So what is your typical day? I track on my fitness pal and weigh everyday. I feel great about myself and my decisions I make every day.

Message me if anyone wants to talk more. We are all just worthy being going through the transformation of our lives.

Best to everyone.

@@Ldimples The GNC Lean shakes (Strawberries and Cream) I get at GNC stores, I don't think they are available anywhere else. The stores are pretty easy to find though. I have even bought them in very small towns while traveling for business.

The Premier chocolate I buy at either Kroger or Albertson's. I also know that some people get them at costco.

I am 2 months post op and can easily eat 1100 calories a day. It worries me that I can eat as much as I can. I try really hard to concentrate on getting my Protein and fluids in every day and usually I do not have a problem with it. I feel like I am failing and I struggle to not be depressed about it. I read about others who can barely eat and that just makes me feel worse. I'm eating healthier than I ever have before but I still struggle to stay away from carbs. If I have a Protein shake for a meal it is like I haven't consumed anything and am still hungry. I've lost approximately 30 to 35 pounds but most of that was in the first month since then I have stalled. I also have problems with Constipation ever since the surgery. I dread going to the doctor and hearing what they have to say. Today I had:

Breakfast: scrambled egg with cheese in flax seed & wheat pita pocket

Snack: homemade weight watchers muffin

Lunch: Subway kids meal - ham, provolene on wheat with apple slices

Snack: slice of swiss cheese on crackers

Dinner: 2 fish sticks, half acorn squash, 1/2 c. broc. cheese rice

I am 2 months post op and can easily eat 1100 calories a day. It worries me that I can eat as much as I can. I try really hard to concentrate on getting my Protein and fluids in every day and usually I do not have a problem with it. I feel like I am failing and I struggle to not be depressed about it. I read about others who can barely eat and that just makes me feel worse. I'm eating healthier than I ever have before but I still struggle to stay away from carbs. If I have a Protein shake for a meal it is like I haven't consumed anything and am still hungry. I've lost approximately 30 to 35 pounds but most of that was in the first month since then I have stalled. I also have problems with Constipation ever since the surgery. I dread going to the doctor and hearing what they have to say. Today I had:

Breakfast: scrambled egg with cheese in flax seed & wheat pita pocket

Snack: homemade weight watchers muffin

Lunch: Subway kids meal - ham, provolene on wheat with apple slices

Dinner: 2 fish sticks, half acorn squash, 1/2 c. broc. cheese rice

I stalled in my second month for weeks. And just finished another 3 week stall at 4 months.

But looking at your diet, you have a lot of carbs throughout the day. A pita , sub sandwich bread, crackers, etc.

I find that when I truly eat my protein first by itself then I get full so fast. If I add those carbs, it seems I can eat more.

However, that being said, I have had many meals with all sorts Of carbs as well. Can't help it, I love it.

I was just kind of surprised with how much you can eat at 2 months. There is no way I could eat a subway kids meal. Or I could not eat the eggs and pita unless I nibbled on it for hours.

I'm not trying to be mean or critical because I am in no way working my program as a die hard, but I wanted to add to the thread. I think we all have to use trial and error to guide our way through this journey

Below is a "typical" day's menu:

As for carbs, mostly I get them from my shakes, Greek yogurt, and the very limited veggies I'm able to fit in after my Protein. Other doctors and nutritionists give you carb targets, but my doctor just says to limit them as much as possible. If you're not logging your food yet, I'd suggest using http://www.myfitnesspal.com/. It helps you keep track of your Protein and fluids, but also can help you figure out if anything is going off track and affecting your weight loss.

Okay, here's an example of my day:
  • I keep a 2-quart jug and a 24-oz Tervis tumbler (with a handle) both at home and at work.
  • I count my Breakfast Premier Protein shake as a meal, not a Fluid. (30 grams of protein)
  • 30-60 minutes later, I have a cup of coffee. (Count it as a Fluid if you like.)
  • After that, I drink a 24-oz. tumbler of Decaf, sugar-free iced tea, like Crystal Light throughout the morning. (Lots of frequent sips)
  • Then I walk for 40+ minutes.
  • Then it's lunchtime - tuna salad or chicken salad, or leftover protein from dinner. (16-22 grams of protein) and maybe a bite of veggies if there's room.
  • About 45 minutes after lunch, I'll fill another 24-oz tumbler of iced tea and sip that throughout the afternoon, finishing by 30 minutes before my afternoon snack.< /li>
  • At around 4:00, my afternoon snack is usually a Greek yogurt (12 grams of protein) or some leftovers. (This is also a good time to get in some veggies or a V-8 if you're getting enough protein at other times.)
  • Maybe a cup of hot tea in the later afternoon. (Count it as a fluid you like.)
  • Then dinner – again, getting 20-25 grams of protein from lean steak, fish, chicken, or pork, and maybe a bite or two of veggies.
  • Finally, another 24-oz cup of iced tea or Water 30-45 minutes after dinner that I sip throughout the evening.
  • If I'm hungry later, sugar-free Jello or sugar-free popsicles are good. And if I'm short on protein or still hungry, another yogurt or Protein Shake. (I'm not worried about the calories because this menu only provides 700-900 per day.)

So that's 70+ grams of protein and 72+ ounces of fluid, with some exercise as well. If you have a regular enough schedule, you can follow it every day. If not, maybe a modified version will work.

An here's my secret weapon – Beef Jerky! (Or turkey.) A 3-ounce bag provides 30-39 grams of protein, and almost no fat for around 200-240 calories. Yes, there's sodium, so if that's a problem for you this may not work. When I'm super busy and eating meals in my car, a bag of Jerky will get me through. Lately I've been away from home for a lot of meals, and some days I practically live on Jerky. And I still lose weight. But you've gotta keep getting the 64+ ounces of fluid in every single day.

The big trick is in pre-planning your meals and your fluids, especially if you're going to be away from home or work. In those cases, I always make sure there will be something I can eat, or I bring along a Protein shake or some kind of meat to carry me through. I've also gotten pretty good at restaurant eating. I avoid the bread and salad, order chicken, steak, lamb, fish, or pork, trade in the starch for a second veggie, skip the dessert.... and end up taking half of the meat, and almost all of the veggies home.
I know we need to learn to eat "normally", but I'm not there yet – especially when it comes to carbs. When I get to goal weight, I'll work on finding my new low-carb "normal".
Hope that helps!
Rog