Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think they're gross. /unpopular opinion

They are great... good for the Protein content vs. the caloric content. But, they can be expensive unless you shop for the best prices in quantity.

LW

I like Quest bars, and i don't think they need to be microwaved. Bottom line though, too many carbs... too tempting. I just try to stay away from Protein bars in general...

Can't eat them just yet but I heard the best way to have them is to cute the bars into 4 pieces, throw them on a cookie sheet and cook them for a few mins (8-10). Supposedly the BEST way to eat them. Let me know if this is true. Give me another 2 wks and I will tell you all myself ;-)

Ok..I am a Quest bar junkie. Let me be clear about that. No more than one a day though for good reason. While a few posters are saying the Fiber numbers are inaccurate, I am here to tell you there is a good amount of Fiber in them. How do I know? Probably because I went about a week without them and when I started eating again I spent a good amount of time visiting my bathroom! Yes, they ARE good for that! ( FYI to those with Constipation issues) I have read online sources about impending lawsuits due to mislabeling. but I also read the response from the Quest brand CEO. He emphatically denies the allegations and will fight any lawsuit. ( For the record there has been talk of said lawsuit for some time, but no follow through as of yet) They have had their nutritional information evaluated from independent sources and the results are the same as the labeling. That being said they are sort of high in calories and carbs but low in sugar. The carbs are mostly from fiber, which to me is a good thing. ( They fall well under my bariatric team's guidelines for sugar intake) The calories may be high, but I take that into account with my daily totals. I am always rushed and cannot make time in the morning for a lean, Protein dense Breakfast. Therefore, Quest bars are my meal of choice. I purchase at GNC, have been for many months. They are always buy 3 get one free, with the occasional sale of buy two get one free. I find that better than buying by the case. Also, I like variety. I can pick and choose the flavors I want. While they do offer variety boxes, I prefer to make my own variety pack. ( also cheaper)

I can't seem to get past the TAFFY-LIKE texture........

Love the chocolate chip...some of the others I'll have on occasion, to break it up.

Luna bars and Clif bars have more sugar content than a Quest bar... you need to check that label!

I also make Protein doughnuts (from Eggface), that are SO yummy and may have one of those instead for an option...

I love Quest bars - they taste better than most of the other ones, I do cut them up, they hit the spot when I am "starving" ( i always laugh when I say that - I haven't been starving since surgery) - they help when it comes to a needing a snack or an emergency meal. They taste great and they keep things moving, all that fiber LOL

How much surger and carbs do they have have

1 sugar

16 fiber

6 erythritol

= 25 carbs

20 Protein

I have read the controversy about the fiber as well...but I tell ya there is def some serious fiber in there. Better than any another Constipation remedy I've tried!

So for those who do the whole"net carbs" thing it's only 1 net carb

I think I must be the only person that didn't like them. After all the good reviews, I went to GNC and bought two of all the bars that looked appealing to me.. but I just did not care for them at all. The flavor was ok for what it was, but I was not happy with the texture at all and I'm usually into dense foods. I've had Clif bars, Luna bars, etc. and didn't have a problem with them.. I was actually pretty disappointed that I didn't like them as much as everyone else. I ended up throwing half of them away.

You are not the only one. I tried almost all the flavors and had to choke them down. I have tried putting them in the microwave and that didn't help. I felt they tasted very chemically but thats my opinion.

I didn't care for them either. too medicinal tasting.

I tried the double chocolate today and it was okay, but I've been off sweets for so long it was kind of too much. Did I say that!?

I think they taste okay - not great, but not horrible. They're just too dense for me, and I'm still pre-op! I can't finish one now.

My friend who is a bariatric surgery nurse and has lost 200 lbs since his surgery 18 months ago swears by them. Only ate half at a time for about 6 months but now can eat the whole thing.