Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling January Sleever????

I'm in a slump this week that I can't seem to snap out of it. I think it seems like a month is so long away that I'm already tired of the shakes and boring food, I'm doing everything I can to just lose enough weight so I'm in the best shape I can get to for my surgery but man it is getting super hard. Is anyone else going through this?

I'm in a slump this week that I can't seem to snap out of it. I think it seems like a month is so long away that I'm already tired of the shakes and boring food, I'm doing everything I can to just lose enough weight so I'm in the best shape I can get to for my surgery but man it is getting super hard. Is anyone else going through this?

Yea, I feel ya! I've struggled with feeling down and grumbly a lot. Surgery is still three weeks away and that feels REALLY long!! It'll be worth it!! But this is just one of the really hard parts. Hang in there! Your not alone. Keep yourself busy and OUT of the kitchen! ????

@@Veronica Page I am right there with ya! I feel like I will take a few steps forward, then fall off the side of the road. I will do well for a bit, then getting a case of the 'Last Supper-itis' or feel too lazy to cook or eat my healthy foods.

Don't beat yourself up. We can pick ourselves up and keep on a movin' :)

I have found a little bit of success with distracting myself. I got a puzzle (which sucks up my time) and have read 3 books in the last few weeks. I have an adult coloring book and some coloring pencils in the mail. (Disclaimer: Adult as in complex, not X-rated! HA!). Plus, I asked for Legos for Christmas. I figure if I can get myself sucked into little projects, I might be able to keep my mind off of food. Or, I am turning into a 13 year old and just don't know it yet...Hmm...

Stay strong, yo! :D

January 5th :)

Yea youd think that with a 2 yr old a job and a teenager and husband my day would be filled and fly by but dang it , I just feel like time has slowed down to a snails pace. I have found things to do to keep myself occupied when I have time. I put in an extra walk or bought some vid games and I did buy some new books. I guess I'm just ready for this to be over...the pre op part. I want to see real weight loss and feel good about it! Thanks ladies, I'll get it together!

Time HAS slowed. I have proof, I have been staring at the clock and the calendar and I swear....and it has turned into molasses in January :D

I am hoping with Christmas and the New Year that time will start flying again!!!

I've had an exciting week. I was offered a local position with the same company so I don't have to travel hours for work anymore! I started the new job yesterday and have been so busy that time is flying! It's nice to be close to home. I still will have time off for my surgery on 1/9 with Dr. Ortiz in MX. I applied for an expedited passport last Friday morning and was told it would take up to 3 weeks. I couldn't believe it when I found it in the mail TODAY! It took only one week! Now I just have to focus on sticking with my pre-op diet plan and getting in all my Water each day. Hope everyone else is having a great week!

I've had an exciting week. I was offered a local position with the same company so I don't have to travel hours for work anymore! I started the new job yesterday and have been so busy that time is flying! It's nice to be close to home. I still will have time off for my surgery on 1/9 with Dr. Ortiz in MX. I applied for an expedited passport last Friday morning and was told it would take up to 3 weeks. I couldn't believe it when I found it in the mail TODAY! It took only one week! Now I just have to focus on sticking with my pre-op diet plan and getting in all my Water each day. Hope everyone else is having a great week!

We are surgery buddies!! Same day same surgeon. First day of mostly liquids and only Protein and veggie meal. I'm feeling hungry but nothing too terrible. Hoping this week zips by with the holiday. Ready for surgery already!!

@ mduffield -I purchased the Vitaleph package recommended by the dietitian. I'm drinking a shake for Breakfast daily. At first I made it with skim milk but found I like it better with just Water. Sounds crazy but it's true. I've been eating an Atkins meal bar for snack, either a shake ( EAS AdvantEdge carb control) or meat for lunch and meat and veggie/salad for dinner. I need to cut out my 1 diet soda to reduce the caffeine. I drink bottled water at work- just not thinking about it enough to get it all in. The last two days in this job I've been on my feet and moving way more than when I was consulting. I need to find smaller water bottles I can stuff in my pocket. I'm dreading the 2 week pre-op diet because I know I'll be hungry too. I have a few more lbs to go to be at my required weight for surgery. The holidays will be a huge challenge. I have a history of nibbling on the goodies when we have gatherings at my house. I'm the one always in the kitchen and it's too convenient. Our surgery date is approaching quickly! I'm arriving early in SD on 1/8 and hope to be early on the surgery schedule 1/9- the more recovery time the better. I look forward to meeting you there!

So today is my first day on my official preop diet it is going just fine although I thought I was tired before oh man I'm really tired now. I feel like someone put a sleeping pill in everything I drink. I think it is kinda due to lack of carbs but I will get through it and just deal. I hope you ladies are having an easier time then me about it. 3 wks and one day til surgery ugh hurry up December!