Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling January Sleever????

I had my psychiatric eval today. I'm allegedly sain. One more weigh in on Sat and doing all my blood work. Jan 5th is fastly approaching. I'm freaking out but in a good way. I've also mentally checked out of work already :)

I am scheduled for Jan 15th! I wish it was sooner because I am excited and it is all I think about but with the holidays hopefully it will be here before I know it :-)

Ugh so do to passport issues and me not wanting to take a chance on anything I'm having to back my date up ???? I backed it for now to the 16th of jan hopefully everything will work out for that date

Are you going to Mexico and who is your doctor?

@@Ms. Cortez You and me both sister. Same exact schedule. When are you flying in? My mom and I will be arriving in San Diego around 11a to be picked up. I look forward to meeting you.

Ugh so do to passport issues and me not wanting to take a chance on anything I'm having to back my date up ???? I backed it for now to the 16th of jan hopefully everything will work out for that date

Bummer!! Better not to risk it though! :)

Yea I know how's ur diet going

So I have manage to stick to my diet for 4 days which is nothing right? lol Yeah well I did actually lose 4lbs already which I suppose could either be Water weight or bathroom weight...yea tmi I know but hey I guess I do need to flush out the excess waste i'll still take it. I just hope I can keep it up cause to be honest the whole Protein Shake everyday thing is getting boring. I'm bored of the tastes but I manage to mix it up with dinner. Tons of veggies to keep my stomach moving otherwise they said I would get blocked up. and I have been choosing to do chicken and fish. I hope everyone is having an easy time with theirs.

So I have manage to stick to my diet for 4 days which is nothing right? lol Yeah well I did actually lose 4lbs already which I suppose could either be Water weight or bathroom weight...yea tmi I know but hey I guess I do need to flush out the excess waste i'll still take it. I just hope I can keep it up cause to be honest the whole Protein Shake everyday thing is getting boring. I'm bored of the tastes but I manage to mix it up with dinner. Tons of veggies to keep my stomach moving otherwise they said I would get blocked up. and I have been choosing to do chicken and fish. I hope everyone is having an easy time with theirs.

You're inspiring!! Great work!!

@@Veronica Page Way to go! I have been doing the shakes 2x per day and am also getting a bit bored. My Syntrax just came in the mail and it is nice to shake it up and get out of the chocolate/vanilla boring-ness. However, when my boyfriend makes his Lean Cuisine for lunch, I catch myself drooling. Since I am not officially pre-op, I am kind of blending the 2x shakes with Atkins dinners, lots of veggies and low/no carb Snacks if I get hungry.

I gained almost 10 lbs in one week while on vacation, and have lost 7 lbs since being back and sticking to the shake/low carb diet. I can dig that!!!

Stick with it, kid! You're doing awesome!

Yea I'm not pre op either but I was thinking the longer I put it off the harder it is just going to get for me. I drink 3 shakes a day one for Breakfast and lunch and then one after dinner since between 7-12 is my weak spot and I just want to make sure I stay feeling full. Ugh the drooling btw I completely get. I have a husband and two kids and it is tough cooking them dinner and still not being able to eat it. Yesterday I made them homemade pierogies and homemade french fries and it KILLED me not to eat some. lol I'm weak.....but I get there, We all will and I can't wait for all of us to start our post op journey together!

@@Zzzombrie how exciting! My husband and I don't fly into SD until around 4:30 and then comes the joy of crossing the border. I ordered my passport with a rush and should have it next week.

I was put on phase one of Atkins to lose 10lbs prior to surgery (5 weeks). I ordered shakes and my Vitamins and lypo something? This carbaholic has stopped all sugar and carbs and I'm still trying to remain sane. My poor children.

@@Zzzombrie how exciting! My husband and I don't fly into SD until around 4:30 and then comes the joy of crossing the border. I ordered my passport with a rush and should have it next week.

I was put on phase one of Atkins to lose 10lbs prior to surgery (5 weeks). I ordered shakes and my Vitamins and lypo something? This carbaholic has stopped all sugar and carbs and I'm still trying to remain sane. My poor children.

I haven't even started looking at shakes. I'm on Atkins too but it does nothing for me. I've been on it before for 6 months and didn't have any luck then either. I'm going to keep at it until after finals (another week) then switch to shakes and a low carb dinner. They want me to lose 12 lbs so I hope I can take it off with the shakes. Atkins just doesn't cut it.

@@Zzzombrie I did Atkins for sometime and you know the only way it truly worked for me is if I did the old school atkins where it was literally two weeks of NO carbs to put my body in full ketosis and then I slowly added carbs in but it was difficult but I did manage to lose about 30lbs in about a month. I'm not sure if you want to try it but it might work for you then when you get into the shakes do the two atkins shakes for breakfast and lunch and then for dinner do a full non carb dinner. Only a suggestion. It is so hard to stick to it but so important. good luck to you!