Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 sleevers check in please!

I've been maintaining for a few months after losing 150 pounds. Yes, that's right. I've lost 150 pounds since my surgery October 7th. This process has been harder mentally and physically than I ever imagined. The quick weight loss stopped my period 6 months ago and now I'm going through menopause at 38 years old. I go to weekly OA meetings as well as cognitive behavioral therapy twice a month. Maintenance is just as hard as the weight loss phase and I'm determined to never gain my weight back.

Thanks ladies!! I would love to see your progress as well!!! Sleeve Sistas!!!????

Hey everyone! I haven't been on here in a very long time. I'm doing well. Recently relocated to Houston, TX from Milwaukee, WI. I'm down to 168lbs and trying to hold steady. I guess I could get to 150 but I'm happy with the current results and don't want to go too much lower. It's a challenge tho, that's for sure. Hope you all are doing well! I'll post pics soon. I'm not big on taking pics but I'll get there eventually lol

Hi Jen- Welcome to my city! Hope you are enjoying the weather, as I am sure its much different than Milwaukee. I hadn't check in our group for a long time, but i guess it has been on my mind since we are quickly approaching out anniversaries. I am holding at 175 and honestly, i like it. Good job on your progress!

October 22,2014 marks my anniversary day. Coming up on 95 lbs down and still losing. Slowed to a crawl having plateau but it's a far cry from last year...what can I do to relieve the still bothersome acid levels.

Tomorrow marks one year for me! Picture in green was taken the morning of my surgery. The selfie taken was after my run last Thursday morning.

post-221785-14447027124827_thumb.jpg post-221785-14447027892461_thumb.jpg

October 22,2014 marks my anniversary day. Coming up on 95 lbs down and still losing. Slowed to a crawl having plateau but it's a far cry from last year...what can I do to relieve the still bothersome acid levels.

Have you tried Prilosec?

Hello Jen, and everyone,

I go for my 1 year app on the 28th of this month. I am currently at 174 and would like to get to 160. It's been a struggle the last few months. I'm happy everyone is doing so well.yay

Stephanie

You look wonderful!

I am so glad to hear from people on this site again! The Facebook thing was too scary for me! I haven't been losing in several months. I think I've relaxed a little too much on what I am eating. I am not gaining either. I really want to get down to 164 which puts me in " normal" on the bmi chart. I am currently at 176. I feel like "me" again! I haven't been back to see the Dr yet but I saw the nutritionist last month to check in and make sure I am staying on top of things. She told me that a Dr wouldn't even talk to me about my weight at this point! I wanted to cry! I can't remember a time in my life where I wasn't the girl with a weight problem! Those of you still losing, would you mind sharing what a day of your food journal looks like? How much are you exercising? Is anyone considering surgery to remove excess skin?

You should try Prilosac or Nexium for acid. I didn't have this issue much at all but I know others who can't live without the above referenced meds.

Nikki

Tomorrow marks one year for me! Picture in green was taken the morning of my surgery. The selfie taken was after my run last Thursday morning.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1444702711.734405.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1444702788.525501.jpg

Have you tried Prilosec?

You amazing Roselynn!! Keep up the good work.

Hi all I've lost 117 pounds. And plateaued at 12 months is this normal? Is now the time I should start worrying about regaining? Just need some words of encouragement I guess.post-242518-14451267144873_thumb.jpg post-242518-14451267517797_thumb.jpg

So glad to read the updates. Congrats to everyone.

Today is my surgiversary & I am at 170.6 . I have been losing an average of 2-3 lbs a month for the last 5 months but since I'm a half glass full kinda girl, I'll say that I'm happy I am still losing, albeit slower then I'd like.

I Went for my 1 year follow up yesterday and they were pleased. I am hoping to lose another 25lbs but surprisingly my bariatric team does not want me lose more the 10-15. Something about my metabolism will struggle to maintain that weight and they suggested I go by how I look and feel.

Weird thing is when I weighed 170 in the past, I was wearing a size 14 & now I'm wearing a size 10. I don't want to get smaller then a size 8, so maybe anothe r 10-15 lbs may be it for me....I'll have to reevaluate when I get there.

My B12 was high, but they weren't too concerned & suggested switching my Vitamins but the rest of my labs were great.

This has truly been one of the best decisions I've made in my life.

Happy anniversary to us all.

@@stephh

@stephhs, oops I didn't finish. You look awesome! You are an inspiration.

And that's for organizing the Halloween challenge.