Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 sleevers check in please!

I'm six mouths out as well. Losing a bit slower than I wanted but moving in the right direction :-) my doctor is happy with my progress so far. Congratulations everyone. How many calories is everyone taking in?

I fluctuate between 800-1000 mostly Protein, I get roughly 90-100g a day. Any carbs I have is at lunch or before. I have subway 2 or 3x a week all grain carbs are whole grains (again only at lunch), the rest is via veggies which I do have at dinner if there is room. I did cheat yesterday and had Chinese pan fried noodles last night at dinner only one bite but still a bite is a bite.

With the stalls make sure you guys measure yourselves sometimes the weight loss will not show on the scale but you are still dropping body fat. Since my surgery My waist has dropped 9" and hips/belly is down 13" neck (thank God) is only down 2" and my arms down 5" which now I can see muscle definition between my triceps, biceps and delts. So I know we sometimes focus on the scale as our achievement in weight loss but remember this is not always about a scale number. Good luck to all!

@@Meonthelist

I love your post. Thanks for sharing.

Hi all I was looking for people who had the surgery around the same time as I did...

Had my surgery Oct 1 and surgery weight I believe was 228

My current weight has been fluctuating between 185.2 to 186.8 can never get under 185.. Any suggestions

Hi all I was looking for people who had the surgery around the same time as I did...

Had my surgery Oct 1 and surgery weight I believe was 228

My current weight has been fluctuating between 185.2 to 186.8 can never get under 185.. Any suggestions

We have the same surgery weight & I can't get below 184, so we are truly in the same boat.

I recently had my 6 mo f/u & was told to workout 3-5 days a week & my calories should be around 1200. I'm hoping for a drop in weight next week

Just a quick update for me i am completely back to normal with foods! Lactose intolerance - gone, meat intolerance - gone!!! This makes this journey so much easier, while i still opt for meat free meals as i'm now just so used to that lifestyle, just knowing that i CAN eat it if i want to is awesome for me ????. I'm trying to incorporate chicken into my weekly meals at least once a week.

@@Meonthelist , what a great idea & YAY!! For you. I remember texting my husband & telling him "I lost a Murphy" when I hit 68 lbs down/Murphy is our 1 yo hound puppy who weighed 68 lbs- I don't think I'd get him on the scale with me!

@@cornhusker - that is just incredible!!

@@bonsaiway YAY also for you!!

& @@VSGmary that is terrific news!

Edited by SimplySue

Yesterday was my "six month-aversary" from my surgery. I feel amazing, I am now the same weight I was my junior year in high school(that was 1993). I love this journey, obviously a lot of physical changes happen when you have WLS (since my highest weight I have lost over 140lbs and 116lbs since my surgery). But, I think just as much if not more emotional and mental changes happen as well. My overall outlook on life is much better as well. I am able to be a more active part of my childrens' lives, I am more active, I am a better husband... My outlook on food is completely different, is this food good fuel or just empty calories? am I really hungry or am I thirsty/bored? Emotionally I am much happier. I am no longer in constant pain and have not been for a few months now (that is a main contributer to my good mood) my relationship with the kids and wife is much better because of this.

I still have a ways to go but love the direction I am heading and would not change a minute of the path I have taken. I am using this "new tool" of mine the best I can.

Edited by KingMoose

Yesterday was my 6 month surgiversary and I am down 91 lbs. I was hoping to be 100 lbs down by the time 6 months rolled around but I keep stalling. I started using My Fitness Pal which helps me see what I eat every day and since then, the weight loss has started to come off again, ableit slow. I eat approximately 1,000 calories each day and walk every day.

Congrats! 91lbs is amazing!! Keep up the good work and don't be hard on yourself over 9 lbs!! ;)

Hi,

Checking in :-)

Today I hit 100 pounds gone!!! Forever! I am no longer questioning if I can do this. I am DETERMINED that I can!

I CAN DO THIS! They say you have to write your goals down, so I am writing it down that this girl will NEVER see a

"2" in the front of my weight again. I checked this weekend and for the first time since I can remember, I am "overweight" rather than "Obese" or "Morbid Obese". Feels amazing! Hope everyone is doing well!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Just checking in with a few numbers :

Sleeved on October 9, 2014

Surgery weight 327

Current weight 185

Body fat Prior to surgery 48%

Current body fat 14%

Waist size prior to surgery 50"plus

Current waist 33"

Shirt Size prior to surgery 4xl

Current shirt size Large

A1C prior to surgery 11

Current A1C 4.6

Blood glucose prior mid 300s

Current 78

My goal weight was 190. I'm passed that now at 185. Going to settle at 180 and see how I feel. I can tell you that it is very possible to lose every last pound of excess weight if you are determined. Best decision I've ever made...period.

I was sleeved in October of 2014. Today I reached my goal weight. After many months of being stuck a few pounds above that goal I gave up and decided it was my body telling me to stop trying to lose. So I did. I continued to exercise faithfully, track what I ate and stayed within my range of calories, drank all my Water and I even had an occasional treat. I was on vacation for the past week. I think my body relaxed enough to let go of those couple pounds. I was in shock when I stepped on the scale this morning. I haven't been one to post on here much but I do come on often to read for inspiration. Thank you for that. To those of you struggling or wanting to give up, dont. Your body needs time to rest and adjust. You can and will make that goal. Be patient and be proud of how far you have come.

@@cornhusker WOW! Over 180 pounds in 7 months! That is amazing! Do you mind me asking how many calories a day you are eating and how much you are exercising? Congrats!

Edited by mjmboston