Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 sleevers check in please!

I too have noticed much more hunger and capacity which I find hard to resist. I have my 6 month appointment on Friday and I'm afraid that I haven't lost much since my 4 month weigh in. Hopefully I lose few more pounds before Friday. Any suggestions would be helpful. I seemed to be hooked on milky coffee drinks

@@Peekboo, good luck w/your appointment. Wish I had suggestions but I fell below my goal by 1 lb. at least I know what I did wrong, I stopped exercising. my Bariatric team was very supportive but it didn't help. I was very disappointed in myself. Never thought I'd say this but I miss the restriction I had the first few months.

Kathy, what was your goal for your six month appointment? I really wanted to be 15 pounds less than at 4 months but I think it will just be 10, hopefully.

@@peekaboo , have you tried the Starbucks skinny latte? I saw it at Walmart tonite-I think 70 calories with 6 Protein? Or the Click protein powders? Good luck, mine is Friday also.

@@Kathy812 , you were so close to your goal- only 1 lb off? Where would you have been previously without the sleeve??? I know I've had weight loss goals in the past & have failed miserably, give yourself the credit you deserve!

@@Peekboo my goal (set by my exercise physiologist) was to weigh between 182-186 . On my scale I weighed 186.2 & on weigh in day. On there's I was 187.2 he also wanted my percentage of excess weight loss to be between 50-55% I was 49%

@@SimplySue, thanks for the words of encouragement. You are absolutely right. I think of that often. I tried so many diets before the surgery and I never lost more then12-15 lbs, only to gain it all back-plus a few extra.so even though I was down, it was just for a day. Thankfully I'm a glass half-full kinda girl. I'm keeping it in perspective.

I had my VSG surgery on 24 October. My pre-six month diet starting weight was 397, surgery day was 363, today 14 April I am at 259! My surgeon and I agree on a goal weight of between 230-240 I am 6'3" and have a large muscular frame (former football player and infantryman Soldier). Starting body fat percentage 45% last week I was at 23%. I have had practically no problems medically, just learning curves. I work out multiple times a week and coach HS football and baseball everyday and am very active with my athletes as well as playing with my young sons.

This is the best decision I could have made for myself and my family. I am so pleased with my results and getting my lifestyle back on track.

Edited by KingMoose

If there's anyone here that wants to be added to the Facebook group, we're trying, we have messaged Kristen Messina. You could also friend one of the current members & then we can add that way. I'm Susan Margaret L

Thank you! I told my surgeon I was going to be the poster child for the hospital. I had my surgery through the VA in Long Beach, Ca. I was the second pt to have the surgery there. Prior the had to go to another VA hospital for the surgery but all pre and post care was done at the VA IN LB. My Surgeon had been lobbying for years to have the ability to do it all out of one hospital. So after all of the red tape was cut I was pt #2 of the facility. So since my mouth wrote such a big check my body has to fund that check, so my accountability is very high and I do not want to disappoint myself or anybody else.

Hello everyone! I am loving all of the updates on how everyone is doing! I wanted to share the most eye opening moment I have had since my surgery....

I am leaving for a business trip today. I usually have my Husband weigh himself and then my bag for me to make sure I am not past the weight limit for checked bags. In the past, I had him do this for fear that my little bathroom scale couldn't

handle both my weight and the luggage. That brings tears to my eyes saying that "out loud" but it's the truth.

Today, I weighed myself and then my bags! When I struggled to get my 45 lb bag and myself up on the scale and I saw the weight displayed at first, I was elated that we both registered! Success.

What happened next literally took my breath away. I was able to put into perspective just how much extra weight I have lost! It was amazing how heavy 45 lbs felt! And to realize I was carrying double that just a few short months ago was an amazing revelation. I would highly recommend stepping on the scale with the weight you have lost to REALLY understand how successful we all are!

Happy Monday everyone!

@@Meonthelist

That is awesome, I will try it oon as I'm traveling for work next month. Congratulations to s all!

Just checking in. Did my weekly weigh in this am. Got under 200 pounds...197.4 to be exact. Lol. Pretty stoked. High weight-372. Day of surgery- 327. Down almost 130 overall in just over 7 months. Gastric sleeve surgery was the best decision I've ever made. Couldn't be happier with the results so far.

Hi All,

It's been 6 months today!! Yay, doing well, almost 80lbs down! Trying lots of different food these days....being careful not to graze, which is easier said than done...planning on some 5k's this summer....trying to get out that inner athlete in me (it's been hiding since I was a child). How's everyone doing? Any Other Colorado sleevers out there?

@@bonsaiway what part of Colorado? My family and I are moving back to Fort Collins this summer!