Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 sleevers check in please!

Mercy, how are you doing? Are you enjoying your sleeve?

@@VSGmary, welcome! Despite your setback, you are doing really well.

Since you can't eat meat, I'm curious, what is your main source of Protein? Do you eat fish or shrimp?

Since you can't eat meat, I'm curious, what is your main source of Protein? Do you eat fish or shrimp?

@@kathy, hru? I have been losing a few inches but not much weight. Also craving Snacks more than I'd care to admit. I so want to lose 20 more pounds by mid May.

Hi Kathy thank you, my main source is fish, eggs and nuts. I also started taking a egg Protein shake which has 21g protein per serve. I get between 30-50 grams of protein daily but most of the time its at the 30 gram mark as i just cannot eat more food. Over the weekend I'm going to try some deli meats to see how that goes - both turkey meat and chicken.. If it fails then ill just give up completely on meat! I haven't tried meat for a couple of months, i hope that my sleeve will accept it this time around as this will be an easier way for me to include more protein in my diet approx 7 grams of protein per slice.

@@Peekboo, thanks for asking. It's a slow process. I am NOT complaining per se, just slower than I thought it would be. If I'm honest I like my Snacks too. Too much.

I can't wait to see my surgeon next month because I'm concerned about how big my appetite is. I honestly can eat more than 1200 cal a day but I work hard to stay within that amount. I don't feel much restriction & I don't have any adverse reaction to most foods. In some ways that's a good thing but in other ways not so much.

I think on FB you said you're going on vacation in May-right?

good luck in reaching your goal. 20 pounds is a little optimistic for me. I average about 5 a month.

Hi ladies! I have a bunch of catching up to do! Everyone is doing awesome and I'm excited for us!!! For some of us who were sleeved in October are passing our 5th month on to the 6th. Keep up the awesome work guys!! I'm down 72 pounds currently and I'm in a stall phase, hope it passes soon I can't wait to see what 80 ponds down looks like!

Hi Guys! So, I decided to come back and get some support/advice from you guys. I am getting a little down on myself because I have not hit the wonderful "Wonderland". I have gotten bored with the diet and have stopped working out as much. I know this is setting me back and I need to get over it. I just need a push or motivation or something. Is anyone else feeling like this?

@@kathy

20 pounds is what I would love to lose by May but going by my normal, it probably wont happen that quickly. I will have to be patient. I find I can eat a lot too if its not Protein. chicken seems to fill me up the best and I feel restriction. Soft foods slide down like butter, lol. I find I am hooked on milky coffee drinks. I do drink them with sugar free Torani but im having at least two or three a day. It seems I want something in my mouth a lot, lol. Let me know what your doctor tells you. We will get there :-)

SleeveNIC

Getting under 200 was the hardest for me too. Cut out carbs and drink more Water. My surgeon told me that if we start the day with carbs, it slows the loss for the day. What day were you sleeved?

Lovely TRL

You are doing great! How many calories do you take in a day? What do you normally have for Breakfast?

Hi Guys! So, I decided to come back and get some support/advice from you guys. I am getting a little down on myself because I have not hit the wonderful "Wonderland". I have gotten bored with the diet and have stopped working out as much. I know this is setting me back and I need to get over it. I just need a push or motivation or something. Is anyone else feeling like this?

. I too decided to get back on for support. I am snacking more than I want to admit. I think I am going to start tracking on MFP and decrease my carbs. This has been the most amazing thing to happen and I can't ruin it!!!

@@SleeveNik, I can relate to a certain point. I haven't worked out for over a week-shame on me. I started noticing some shedding & got very nervous about working out regularly because I thought that would be a lot of stress on my hair which would cause it to fall out more. Not a good reason probably more of an excuse than anything, if I'm honest.

Since you said you're getting bored with the diet, have you thought of checking the recipe boards for suggestions to change things up? I noticed you mentioned the word "diet", maybe try to change your mind frame and look at it as a new way of life not necessarily a diet. The diet word seems to have such negative connotations.

Another suggestion, check out the success forum. At least for me, it helps to read how people have reached their goals and especially when they post pictures it's really inspiring. Good luck!

@@Peekboo, I agree chicken Keeps me more full than any other Protein.

I guess we all have our vices, yours is coffee & mine is bubblegum & pistachios.We have to learn to eat these things in moderation.

Peek how is your hair holding up? Are you still having some shedding or has that stopped. I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones, but in the past week I've noticed that I've had some shedding, not a lot but enough to notice.

Edited by Kathy812

@@friejenn I so agree with you, this IS an amazing gift. Snacking & not consistently working out are my issues. But ultimately, I do plan on reaching my goal.

Hi October sleevers! I haven't checked in for a while...

HW 256

SW 224

CW 166

I can't believe the change in just five months! I feel like a whole different person. I was in a stall almost the entire month of February, but things seem to be on track now. I wasn't loosing any weight, but my clothes continued to fit better. Have had a great time doing some much needed shopping. I have never had a closet full of so many clothes that I can't wear (especially since they were too big)!

I haven't been very good about keeping food journals or tracking everything I eat. I usually just eat sensibly and eat until I'm satisfied. I have been trying to curb my snacking (especially late nights). I have a particular liking right now for peanuts, jalapenos, pickles, and mac salad (not good I know but a little goes a long ways).

Glad to hear everyone is checking in...it is great to hear that I have the same struggles as others. Keep the recipes coming too!

Kathy, I noticed my hair basically stopped shedding about a month ago. I think what I am noticing is the normal now.