Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 sleevers check in please!

My surgeon has me on omeprazole as a preventative for one month post op. I have a thing for spicy foods which I seriously need to lay off of for a while lol. I put hot sauce and spicy seasonings on a few of my meals lol.

Omeprazole is the generic for Prilosec :)

@@sschoch30

I take it too. It's horrible.

I have the capsules so I have to break them open and sprinkle the nasty little omeprazole "seeds" into something and eat them. Yogurt, Protein shake or pudding typically work best because then I'm not chewing the medicine. YUCK!

I take it by capsule and haven't had any issues. Would your dr let you switch?

I was on a chalky stuff for 2 weeks but I haven't had any heart burn since the surgery. I really hope I no longer need Prilosec.

im on Prevacid. I think zegrid used to make a powder you could mix in a drink. May want to inquire about that if what you're on isn't As pleasing to the palette

@@jstrong630, you did not make a huge mistake, it is still early, six months from now, you will be posting on BP that this was the best decision you've made! Give it time.

I started on softs today , had fish for dinner, kinda hurt going down, so will not try that again for a few weeks or maybe I'll try a different fish.

lunch went down with no problem , I had whole grain crackers (2) & crab dip from trader joe's (2ounces) felt full for a while & finally ate something I enjoyed.

[quote name="KarenF1972"

What are you all eating for meals these days?

Just started softs today so trying to figure out my menu. Today I had half a scrambled egg & 1 sliced Canadian bacon, lunch was 2 whole grain crackers w/crab dip-that was tasty. Had jerk fish & cabbage for dinner, the fish did not sit well in my baby belly.

I plan on making stuffed peppers this week & a recipe I found from the world according to eggface, blog & prob pick up a rotisirie chicken. hopefully those will last me all week for dinner, will just rotate meals.

Hi everyone, I'm leaving for my cruise today so I'll be MIA I'll catch back up when I return.

I have the capsules so I have to break them open and sprinkle the nasty little omeprazole "seeds" into something and eat them. Yogurt, Protein Shake or pudding typically work best because then I'm not chewing the medicine. YUCK!

I take mine the same way. I put it in applesauce usually. I never noticed a taste tho, they just are annoying when one gets separated from the group and is cruising around my mouth lol. Especially because my natural instinct is to just drink something to wash it down and I can't.

Hi everyone, I'm leaving for my cruise today so I'll be MIA I'll catch back up when I return.

Enjoy your cruise!! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back :)

I was told by my surgeon and the gastroenterologist since its a capsule it's ok to swallow it whole. I have not had any issues as of yet! I don't take it daily as I'm suppose to have it 30 minutes before Breakfast and I sometimes forget so I just skip it ....

Also a little update about me I'm doing well surgery was oct 29

Pre op diet weight 230 surgery date was 214 and today I'm 197

Finally in onderland!!!!

Have fun on your cruise !!!!! @ lovlytrl

And good luck to all.... I also has shoppers remorse the first day or two as I wanted to eat with my family and not only I couldn't I was in pain!!!

But I'm getting the hang of things I saw a whole different side of the restaurant world. Due to work we eat out at least 4 times a week ugh.... I though it was going to be hell but it's actually not bad there's Soup almost everywhere :) and it's nice to be able to have choices even on soft diet/ puréed . I found sometimes I don't know what to get because everything sounds so good lol maybe I just see things in the bright side :)

On another note I've lost 33 lbs but can't believe my pants fit the same I have lost inches in my abdomen and arms and legs but somehow jeans fit tighter some days I just don't get it!!!

T-Shirts on the other hand seem looser.

Edited by Lazy_Lizzy

Hey all, thought I would checkin. Oct 21rst sleever here.

Been a strange few weeks as I know you can relate. Feel pretty good though. I seem to be able to deal with most foods ok just in limited quantity. My surgeon's food plan is:

week 1-2: clears/shakes

week 2-4: add in the following foods in this order slowly (every 3-5 days)

+soft dairy +apple sauce

+mushy veggies

+eggs and Beans

+fish and nuts/seeds

+chicken

I have to say I rushed it a bit to get to eggs/beans but everything seems ok. on fish/nuts now and am enjoying it.

I am getting in ~800-900 cals a day and 70-90g of Protein.

I probably have been eating more carbs than I should and plan to knock that off.

I think I have started a 'week 3 stall' as I only lost ~1lb this week (lost 16lb total the 2 weeks before). I am going to try to take it in stride :>

Anyway I think I will add in more walking and take out some carbs/cals this week.

Good luck all!

Ed

Edited by eoq

I was just wondering how many of you have hit the 2 week stall which starts right after your 3 week after surgery. It will be 5 weeks on Wednesday and I have not dropped a pound in almost 2 weeks. Is there something we can do to jump start our system again to get out of this stall. I have been very patient but I am ready to move on. Does everybody go through this? If so how do we get out?