Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dont want to loose anymore

I was a low bmi. I started this journey 6 minths ago and am 2 lds from goal. Ive lost 37 lds. Im 57. 5 ft 4 and now 148.9. I am trying not to loose any moore.,i like how i look and feel., am afraid of saggy skin...but cant get in the calories. Any suggestion. I can get in about 1000-1400 if i try and eat more i get sick. No regrets. But i do miss the love i had for food...now things smell great but two bites in and im done,also not likeing fried food any longer

Add a bit of healthy fats to your meals or Snacks, such as avacado or nuts. An easy way to add calories in a healthy way.

As I approached goal, I added more fat (1% or 2% milk instead of skim, full fat yogurt and cottage cheese, 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee, avocados, Peanut Butter instead of PB2, lots of nuts, etc) and more healthy carbs (lots of fruit, whole grain bars, whole grain cereals, bread, starchy veggies like corn, potatoes and yams). I make sure I still get my 60g Protein and 64oz Fluid everyday. I didn't stop losing completely since I'm 12 pounds under goal, but I slowed my loss to only 10 pounds in the last 3 months.

I figure our bodies will stop losing when we find our new normal balance. I am able to eat a lot more now than I could at 6 months out, so you might, too. And it will be easier to stop losing once you can eat more.

Edited by Kindle

Dear lord above, please let me get to this point in my weight loss journey, amen.

Finediva, you'll get there trust me. I never thought I'd see myself there but alas it did happen.

Edited by familyof6

@familyof6. Thanks for the vote of confidence and the encouragement. I'm trying to hang in there, but the loss is slow, with no set pattern. I'm in the supposed honeymoon phase, but I lost zero pounds on October! Unreal. Our stats are similar. How long did it take you to get to goal, and how is maintenance going for you?

Hit my goal...now trying to maintain..at 57'dont want to get thinner or my skin will hang. Am going to add a high protien 160 calorie shake at night see if that works ..love my 145 pd body...so glad i had the surgery and lost 40 lds in 7 months but still have trouble eating enough ..and do miss food.< /p>

Hit my goal...now trying to maintain..at 57'dont want to get thinner or my skin will hang. Am going to add a high protien 160 calorie shake at night see if that works ..love my 145 pd body...so glad i had the surgery and lost 40 lds in 7 months but still have trouble eating enough ..and do miss food.

congrats!!!!

This crosses my mind on a daily basis. My journey started like yours did with a low BMI. My surgery was Sept 8th. I have 43lbs left before I hit my goal weight! So excited to get the old me back again, FINALLY!!! By my 6 month mark, I am guessing that I will have hit my goal weight. I'm doing everything by the book from Vitamins, Protein, Fluid intake, do my elliptical 3 days a week and PIYO 6 days a week. I feel amazing!!! I just hope that I can stop losing when I hit my target weight too.

I am 7 months post sleeve and the only bad thing I've had to deal with is how "friends" and co workers have treated me! I'm down 87 pounds from surgery day in a 6 jean and love that I feel better and feelers confident . I'm just having a hard time dealing with the "must be nice to be skinny" comments and talked about because I had surgery to help with weight loss. I did this for my health not for anyone else or for looks. It ssp heartbreaking to be treated different for losing weight

@phx2sxv. Well I had surgery for health first of course, but I love the results I'm getting looks wise. I am so enjoying seeing myself in smaller cute attractive clothing. Hell yes! I love the way I look and I'll shout it from my rooftop. Be very happy and proud about the way you feel and look. The negative Nellie haters, tell them to take several seats!

@finediva; I know I should ignore the haters it's just hard with some of the hateful things they say. Some of the girls I hung around with are now the ones who treat me different. I do love the feeling & way I look in cuter and smaller clothes. I mainly love that I feel better & don't have any more health issues. Thank you for your support. I needed it today. ????

@phx2sxv. You are welcomed. I told not one single person about my surgery. With my personality I would be dropping friends like crazy if I had to endure negative unsolicited comments about my decision. Try to just stay focused on your goals. You may find that you may have to put some, temporary, distance between you and these people. For me this has not been an easy period. I deal with my own challenging thoughts at times. Having outside, unhelpful, negative, envious people try to bring me down was not an option. Best.

Well my worrys are over about loseing ti much.....hit my goal weight in Nov,,,and stayed there,,4 pounds up and down. Began 185. Lowest 145.6. Now 149 today. But its right after xmas,,,my concern my appetiite is coming back. Can now eat 1500 cal easy...so jan 2 im starting to watch again...love my bew body 57. 5 ft 4. As long as I stay betwee 145-150. I feel this was all worth it...its just a tool

I'm 5'2". 51 yes. I was 143 and over the thanksgiving to today put on 8 pounds. I know why. I need to get back to shakes and watch for snacking. I want to get to 132 then have TT. The 8 pounds I feel drastically in the tighter feel of clothes. So I am very aware. I truly want the spring n summer to be the best for me. I ride horses and life is good!