Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I be worried?

Hello! I am 5 weeks post off, and I am wondering am I able to eat too much? I feel that my portion side is ok. Most times when I finish eating I am full, even stuffed. But my meal is still about a fist or more. I don't eat bread, but when I hear people describe their meals I am eating more. Example for dinner I had a small potatoe and a 2 tablespoons of chicken salad added. I was definitely full after. I couldn't add anything more. I didn't drink with my meal. But then I see people with the same portion size meal, and they say "I had 3 bites and I was done." I wonder am I missing my full signal? I don't want to go back to where I was. I am still loosing, but I am a bit worried. I welcome all feedback......

Most people aren't eating potato at 5 weeks out but that's another post.

My surgeons advice is to not let the sleeve dictate when you are done eating. VSG Portion sizes are 2 to 4 ounces at a meal, maximum. If you can eat all of that and be satisfied then you are done. If you become satisfied before you are finished eating that you are done.

Some people may have larger sleeves because they had larger stomachs or their surgeon used a larger bougie. Dont compare, everyone is different. If you're losing you're doing fine but get a ha file on your portion sizes. Just because you can eat it doesn't mean you should, and you should be satisfied, not stuffed.

What Curvy said.

100%.

And about that potato ...

It's your choice, of course, but if you're eating a small potato and only two bites of chicken salad you're not following nutritional recommendations.

Post-VSG surgery meal guidelines: Protein first. Then "good" veggies. And only then if you have room, a small amount of more easily processed carbs.

But as I said, your choice.

Most people aren't eating potato at 5 weeks out but that's another post.

My surgeons advice is to not let the sleeve dictate when you are done eating. VSG Portion sizes are 2 to 4 ounces at a meal, maximum. If you can eat all of that and be satisfied then you are done. If you become satisfied before you are finished eating that you are done.

Some people may have larger sleeves because they had larger stomachs or their surgeon used a larger bougie. Dont compare, everyone is different. If you're losing you're doing fine but get a ha file on your portion sizes. Just because you can eat it doesn't mean you should, and you should be satisfied, not stuffed.

Thanks for that. I eat a smaller portion than I have ever eaten, but I need to make sure it's always no more than 4 ozs as you stated. Honestly I haven't been doing that. I will change that. I was beginning to eat 2 eggs because I knew I could. I was stuff after, but today I had one and cheese. I was good. 2 hours later I had a shake. Still good. Now I am drinking my Water. Super good. I want to get this 20 oz of Water down before I eat anything else. Honestly I think I kinda lost myself. I got scared because I felt that it was too soon. I thought I was doing so well. But I am better today. I got on the scale. No changes today, no gain either. God is good. Cause it could be worse.

As for the potatoes, I was told that I could have some during the soft phase. I am coming out of it, and i know it's not good for me. So I will be sure to get sweet potatoes. Thanks for telling me I could do better without just saying it. I am not here to be beat on, but to be helped. I appreciate the love you gave to me.