Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm curious as to how y'all are doing. I am actually participating in the study at Duke. Luckily, I read French and Spanish, and read the outcomes of the previous studies. It was also the feature presentation at the Gastro-intetinal Surgeons annual conference last summer, so it's definitely "news". I actually asked for the switch, because even though I've lost 50 lb on my own in the last year, my blood sugar has destabilized, and I'm now prediabetic. I wasn't at my highest weight, and I my appendix burst in October, and the discovered that I have fatty liver disease.

I didn't think about it before, but I'm starting to get a little anxious, so I'd love to know how you you're progressing.

Swell you can see I have progressed well . No more diabetes meds, no more cholesterol meds. All of that has been resolved. Started at 245, now at 184. In less than 10 weeks. Almost too fast. Feeling good except trying to get my bowel movements regular and consistent. When's your surgery?

They actually wanted to do it this week, but I have the single busiest day of my work year this weekend. I'm a pastry chef, swim working a hard sprint from now 'til Valentine's Day, so I am going in on the 19th. Glad to hear you're doing so well. The operation is done for diabetes not even co morbid with obesity in Europe with good results, so in theory, it should be great. But, the closer it gets, the more nervous I'm getting.

Hi, I'm 6dpo from having a revision from RNY to SIPS. My doctor is also Enochs and i had all of my surgeries at Rex Hospital. I'm so happy to find other SIPSers.

Well, I hope it's going great for you. I'm just over a month out, and down just over 20lb, which considering I only have about 60 to lose, I'm pretty okay with. My stomach gives me trouble, but I was cleared to go back to Pilates after 12 days and my surgeon thinks I'm doing fantastic, so keep in touch, and lets see how things go.

Hi, hope everyone is doing well! It's been a while. I'm post op 7 months and have lost a total of 90 lbs. slightly more than my goal. I eat what I want but have to eat small meals more often. The only problem for me is my bowel movements. Loose, immediate sometimes, often sometimes. It's amazing how much crap I can crap. Anybody else having this issue.

My blood work is perfect. Take nothing but Vitamins. No diabetes, no cholesterol that's high.

We need to start a SIps group

Congrats! Good to know I'm not the only nasty pooping machine

I'm about 3.5 months post. According to my doc if I keep my carbs and fat intake around 40g/day it keeps your bowels and gas in check. So far so good, usually only once or twice in the morning and I'm good to go. But if I go over especially with fat (usually if I opt for a creamy dressing or cheese) I do end up spending more time on the throne. :)

I would love to have a SIPS group on here!

Have to admit, I don't track my food intake anymore

He suggested it in a conversation about my diabetes. That's what brought me to WLS . He says that this surgery has a 95% resolution of diabetes vs. 70% for lap band.

I don't understand why you'd want to get this if it hasn't been around for a long time. The sleeve is very safe, without a lot of surgical connections/re-routing. I was sleeved on Sept. 26th. My diabetes was gone in 2 days! The other co-morbidities, sleep apnea & non-alcoholic fatty liver will go away in 3 - 4 months.

At some point EVERY surgery wasn't around for a long time. Although you had the sleeve in comparison to RNY, the sleeve hasn't been around for a long time either. The decision is solely between an individual and their surgeon, so I wish everyone the best no matter which surgery they choose!

My results have been stellar!