Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this the same as the SADI? If so, Dr. Roslin has been doing it for a while. Check obesityhelp. There are discussions about the SADI.

Edited by Postop

@@Mojo56 I really like what you said about having total confidence in your surgeon. That is really one of the keys to success for any one of us.

While I am banded with plication, and have never had diabetes that is me. Had I been in your shoes I would defiantly have asked my surgeon and discussed with him and the rest of my medical team what the best surgical option for me was.

I have other digestive as well as coronary issues and so this is what I did for me. I consulted with all the doctors on my medical team, and together decided that the surgery I had was what was best for me.

Now my hubby is diabetic but controlled without insulin. He has reduced the amount of medication needed to keep that control and lost a great amount of weight, however he may always have an issue with being diabetic as it is genetic in his case as is HBP for me. Having had one coronary episode I am ok with the fact that I may always need medication to control heart rate and blood pressure. Knowing I have taken the "stress" off my heart by losing the weight is literally a weight off my shoulders!

Thank you for providing the explanation on this surgery, it sounds very promising for treatment of diabetes, Let us know what you decide and how your doing with your surgical journey.

@@Mojo56 -- I work in pharma clinical trials and from your post, it sounds like not only are you interested this procedure working wonderfully for you, but that you are also inclined to contribute to scientific research. Millions of people participate in clinical trials to get the best benefit for themselves but they also feel like they are contributing to the general good for health improvements.

If that's how you feel and your doctor says he thinks it will be best for you, I'd go for it.

Thanks for the support. I love this site and all the info sharing in the various forums. For me, at this point and time this surgery is going to be my option. For each individual and their health particulars their option may be different. Thru hard work and a good support group our outcomes should and will. Be life changing. I have a long journey ahead and the surgery is just the first step which should allow me to change my future health.

In my business ( outpatient physical therapy ) we often tell people that the orthopedists can fix the parts but the patient must do the work afterwards in order to have a great surgical outcome. I see WLS as the same thing. Good luck to us all!

Im in Raleigh, Paul Enoch's is my surgeon and Nov 14th is my surgery date. I was going to have a lap band but he presented a new fairly new procedure he is doing and asked if I wanted to join a study on long term results. He explained that in Spain they have been doing this surgery for the last 3 years and in the states recently. My wife and I are in the medical field and his reputation is great. He is one of 7 surgeons nationally participating in the study it's called a Sleeve with single Anastomosis duodenoileal bypass (SIPS) . Anyone know anything about this. I can't find anything about this in any of the forums.

thanks for @@Debbie3sons to let me know i have a fellow patient who has my doctor also..i went in to have WLS and he wanted me to have the bypass due to my size..i was as wide as i am tall...and i was scared to get it and wanted the lap band...he looked at me with a yeah right, you will not lose look and that just made me more strong...and also upset me..he then told me about the plication (i band and also now called gastric band and imbrication and etc)...he told he it was a new helper to the band and that he thought it could help me but def let me know that i had to help myself first..i like knowing the results i have (are) maybe making the plication and lap band more successful..truth be told any WLS can help and any WLS cannot help..i feel it is a lot patient doing in regards to the success..and to me losing 50 pounds is a success...losing ANY is a success...people seem to forget it it about better health, a better life or for me, it was to merely walk again and be able to wipe my ass again...that is why i had WLS

i am somewhat familiar with the (SIPS) but not enough to comment on it..

i say go for it

make yourself well

dr enochs is a superb doctor as is his staff

yeah the office is kinda slow but when i go monthly

now, i schedule the appt around 1 or 2 and then take the rest

of the afternoon off :)

and as i always say for its true to anyone reading my words:

for best results, with any WLS, it is wise to follow the doctors advice

sometimes things (complications) happen and sometimes they don't..

its major surgery not a manicure...just do the best we can with what

we have...and where you are now...if you don't do good one day, do better

the next...its a lifestyle change..not a diet...it wont happen overnight but if

you keep going...eating, moving, believing it will happen..

All good info, thanks. Had my last appointment with doc before surgery. Picked up my liquid pre op, doing well so far and looking forward to the 14th

This is not a new procedure. They have been doing the switch for 25 years, but until 2007 they were doing the switch much further down the intestine. This was causing some people to have malabsorption of Vitamins even though they were receiving Vitamins. So this newer version does the switch further up allowing for more absorption of vitamins. Weight loss is greater with this procedure, and most have been able to keep it off. Also, unlike gastric bypass, there is really no risk of dumping syndrome. This procedure is also recommended for patients with BMI >50, due to the greater amount of weight that needs to be lost.

Hi, Im also in Raleigh under the care of Dr Enochs. My surgery date is Nov 17th, and Im receiving the SIPS procedure. Dr Enochs is an awesome surgeon, and has performed surgeries for 2 of my friends, 4 of my coworkers and several acquaintances. He explained that the SIPS is basically a combination of the bypass and sleeve, but has lower risks than the bypass. Research has shown more weight loss with the procedure when compared to the gasteic bypass and sleeve. Good luck on your surgery!!!!

Hi, Im also in Raleigh under the care of Dr Enochs. My surgery date is Nov 17th, and Im receiving the SIPS procedure. Dr Enochs is an awesome surgeon, and has performed surgeries for 2 of my friends, 4 of my coworkers and several acquaintances. He explained that the SIPS is basically a combination of the bypass and sleeve, but has lower risks than the bypass. Research has shown more weight loss with the procedure when compared to the gasteic bypass and sleeve. Good luck on your surgery!!!!

Yep, obviously since posting this I fully understand the procedure and I love Dr Enoch's! Hello to my fellow SIPS study mate! Good luck, I'm being done on Friday

Will do, currently I'm scheduled at Rex at 11 on Friday!

My pre op diet is ok , just one more day to go. A cpl of sloped but nothing too bad.