Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone else ten months out not happy

I have only lost 45 lbs. any suggestions to get back on track or shake things up a little?

Here is my sugestion for what its worth:) --->Get back to basics. Track your food. Change up the type of exercise you do daily. Up the resistance on exercise machines. Just keep doing and don't give up! the scale will move.

I will do that Jenn1 to see if it helps. I fell great just not seeing weight fall off any longer.

just click on topic that you would like to respond to and go to bottom add reply and click on post.

I will hit the 10 month mark in a couple of days. I started out at 5'4" and 235 and lost a total of 65 pounds, with 35 to go until goal. Yeah, I have been stuck for a while, just bouncing around between 172 and 175 back and forth for three months. My closet is holding clothes for the next two sizes down.

My bariatric team keeps post-poning appointments due to changes in their schedules, and now my next appointment isn't until my one year mark. I did have an appointment with my primary doctor on Monday, and he feels that 800 calories is not enough to healthfully sustain my exercise program and as a result my body is holding on to fat and Water with a death grip.

He suggested to drink even more Water and more milk(at least 80 ounces total) and crank up both the exercise and the carbs to jump start the process again. I had been staying with 800 calories, 64 ounces of water, and 60-80 grams Protein as directed by my NuT (who moved away, and now there is a new one that I will not meet until December.

So today I weighed and re-measured my body and established a new plan. Man, I hope this works. Getting stuck really causes a tough mind-game that uses depression and pity to hold you down. Normally I am an optimistic person and a real Dolly Sunshine to everyone else, but struggle inwardly to keep my weight loss in perspective. I cannot imagine carrying 65 pounds of potatoes around now. No wonder my spine was collapsing from the extra weight.

My sleeve (aka Miss Tummy) has brought me this far, so it's time to pick up my gear and keep marching. There is no way I am stopping where I am at. This other 35 pounds has got to scram. I am a grandma, too, and just recently was able to get on the floor and play with my grandchildren. Boy oh boy, I nearly cried - I was so happy.

So, you need to hang in there with me. We are tough old birds in may ways, so we can conquer this weight loss thing too. I wish you good luck and good health.

Miss Mac thank you for encouragement. I have stepped up my exercise more, added shakes back into my diet, and try not to be focused on the scale so much. I an my next appointment with surgeon for follow up next month. I will ask for other suggestions at that time.

I'm Seven months out. How are you doing?

Arlene that is fantastic how much weight you have lost. You are doing way better than me. But I'm doing ok just at a stall for some time now. I'm hoping new exercise, adding shakes back in, etc will give me boost. Good luck and keep up great job.