Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3+ years post-op, at lowest weight since 4th grade :-)

I'm having problems not sneaking a candy here and there. I'm only 6 weeks out and I'm sooooo over the Protein what was your diet your first year. I have a military nutrition and they are really date in their information. I have been able to find better info online here and there.

it's hard, you'll find your balance.... The thought of losing my hair if I didn't get enough protein was motivation for me in my first six months!!! You'll have time for treats later, take advantage of your awesome restriction while you have it!!!

@vanessak8. Thanks for the response. We had our surgery around the same time. I was on the 18th July. How much have you lost to date? I've started losing again, but it's very slow. My surgeon refuses to give me a calorie range to follow, so pretty much I'm on my own and doing the best I can.

@vanessak8. Thanks for the response. We had our surgery around the same time. I was on the 18th July. How much have you lost to date? I've started losing again, but it's very slow. My surgeon refuses to give me a calorie range to follow, so pretty much I'm on my own and doing the best I can.

I have lost a total of 105 lbs -- 61 since surgery. I eat between 1000-1200 cal/ day. When I Was eating fewer I lost slower. My carb intake is 75-125/ day. I eat Vegatables, fruit, and some low carb bread options. Did you not have to see a dietician? My surgeon never gave me a cal range just a portion size 1-1 1/2 cup at a time. food and calorie came from my dietician, which I saw 3x prior to surgery and once since. The dietician would like me to eat between 1000-1200. It is working for me...earlier in my journey I was eating 600-900 cal and I stalled or only lost. .5-1 pound in a week, but now I'm losing 3-5 lbs/week.

Edited by vanessak8

@vanessak8. I saw the NUT before surgery, but not since. I think I'll make an appointment and go in to see her. I was told 1/2 cup of food. My restriction kicks in pretty quickly. I can only handle so much food. You have done so well. Are you really eating 1200 calories a day?

@finediva-- there is a holiday challenge being held in another thread. It starts Nov7 runs through Jan 2. I just participated in the Halloween challenge. It was motivating and if you like to compete it might just be what you need. you post your starting weight and goal weight by Nov 7. The admin keeps track as you post you weight every Friday.

If interested search Holiday Challenge and you should find it.

@vanessak8. I saw the NUT before surgery, but not since. I think I'll make an appointment and go in to see her. I was told 1/2 cup of food. My restriction kicks in pretty quickly. I can only handle so much food. You have done so well. Are you really eating 1200 calories a day?

Yes,

Breakfast-- 2 hard boiled egg -140

4 ounces Ham --- 120

1 slice of cheese --70

Lunch-- 10 grapes. --- 80

4 ounces of ham. --- 120

2 slices of Swiss ----140

Dinner-- oven roasted bbq chicken breast 6 ounces--------------- 200

Snacks--- 3 combination totinos pizza

Rolls---------------------- 105

1/2 grands biscuit w/ homemade sausage gravy---------------- 180

I also had 1 ounce of colby monetary jack cheese------------110

------------------------------------------

1265 cal

I'll upload my macros from myfitness pal--- this took place from 730 am until 1030 pm. I had the cheese as my last snack. I was hungry and I can't go to bed hungry. post-216699-14150197225205_thumb.jpg

@finediva-- I can definitely eat a whole cup which is 8 ounces. I do feel the restriction, but I defiantly believe you have to eat to lose. I eat pretty regular when I'm off usually every 3-4 hours. When i am at work I eat three meals. The last one when I get home or in the car( I pack something) usually at 8-830 pm. I am a nurse in a NICU so I'm pretty busy and I work 12 hours 7-7.

I also work out 4-6/ week. I do 45 mins of cardio. I use an app that does interval training. I also do at least one class a week that is strength/cardio combined. I also do some upper body weights at home.

I don't always make the best choices, but I don't want to live a life where I'm always denying myself either. I have teenagers in my house hence the pizza rolls and I make killer homemade biscuits and gravy so I had a little. The old me would have are half the pizza roll bag and 3 biscuits loaded with gravy. I have not had much sweets. I did share a piece of pumpkin pie with my husband and a luncheon we attended together.

@finediva-- I can definitely eat a whole cup which is 8 ounces. I do feel the restriction, but I defiantly believe you have to eat to lose. I eat pretty regular when I'm off usually every 3-4 hours. When i am at work I eat three meals. The last one when I get home or in the car( I pack something) usually at 8-830 pm. I am a nurse in a NICU so I'm pretty busy and I work 12 hours 7-7.

I also work out 4-6/ week. I do 45 mins of cardio. I use an app that does interval training. I also do at least one class a week that is strength/cardio combined. I also do some upper body weights at home.

I don't always make the best choices, but I don't want to live a life where I'm always denying myself either. I have teenagers in my house hence the pizza rolls and I make killer homemade biscuits and gravy so I had a little. The old me would have are half the pizza roll bag and 3 biscuits loaded with gravy. I have not had much sweets. I did share a piece of pumpkin pie with my husband and a luncheon we attended together.

I also take my Vitamins religiously.

VIT D--5000 u/day---I was super deficient prior to surgery. (Level was 15, low normal is 30, my level now 58)

Bariatric multi

Biotin

B-complex

B-1, it's not in the complex and I was on the low side of normal when I just had my labs checked otherwise they were all great.

@vanessak8. Thank you for sharing your food intake for a day and for all the great advise. I'm definitely not up to a cup of food as yet. I only eat three times a day. The rest of the time I'm using to get my Water in. I have yet to get 64ozs of water. I come pretty close on most days. If I drink too much or too fast I get hurtburn. Yes, I take dexilant. I'll try to increase my food intake, but I really don't have a plan on how.

@vanessak8. Thank you for sharing your food intake for a day and for all the great advise. I'm definitely not up to a cup of food as yet. I only eat three times a day. The rest of the time I'm using to get my Water in. I have yet to get 64ozs of water. I come pretty close on most days. If I drink too much or too fast I get hurtburn. Yes, I take dexilant. I'll try to increase my food intake, but I really don't have a plan on how.

Good luck

early out my weight loss stalled cause I wasn't getting enough calories in too. But it was hard! I made frozen Protein Drinks (pre-made and ones made with water were disgusting!) I'd mix a scoop of chocolate protien powder from GNC (20 grams of protein) a half a banana, a table spoon of Peanut Butter, ice cubes and 2% milk and blend. It tastes amazing, lots of energy and not super filling. It would take hours to finish but my weight loss picked up greatly!!