Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all October Sleevers

Hi all. I had my revision sleeve on 10/16 from a band. I was only in the hospital 1 night, and it was very restless with the nurses pushing me to get up and move when I just wanted to sleep lol. My doc says Clear Liquids for the first week, then I can move on to Protein Shakes, milk, and cream Soups. I am excited for that day! I had a hiatal hernia, which was the only complication, and made surgery take 3 hours. No reflux, but I have crazy gas pain in my shoulders. I can drink normally, it took a few days, but I am getting my 64 ozs in. I can walk easily now that I got some rest, it was hard in the hospital because I was just tired, but I can walk the kids to school and back, go around the block, even took a few trips to the grocery store. I lost about 10 lbs on the clear liquid preop diet, and about another 5 postop. I won't see my WLS until 4 weeks postop, so I'm hoping all continues to go well.

Hey everyone, I was sleeved on October 7th. I'm down 25lbs. :-)! Very happy and still very excited. But I am starting to become very nauseated with the thought of putting anything in my mouth. This isn't good and I'm hoping it will pass very soon. 4 days ago I couldn't tolerate my Premier shakes, I couldn't believe it. I have all flavors and they all made me nauseous.

I'm 2 weeks post op today so I'm starting my puree diet. I was not able to eat my meals, 2 baby spoons was all I could consume. I am able to drink Water without becoming nauseous. I meet with my Bariatric Coordinator on Friday so I'm going to see what she recommends. Other than being nauseated I'm feeling awesome.

And guys my sense of smell has intensified so much. Any small odor makes me nauseous, I can't take it. Right now I can't take the smell of my husband, it's crazy. And it's not the cologne he wears it's his body. It's so crazy to me. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

I feel bad for a lot of you!i was sleeved oct 6 and started on pureed food the next day!im 2 weeks out and ive lost 17 lbs!i can drink my Water fine and have to premiers a day which I love!i eat scrambled eggs,quiche,chili pureed, baby bell cheese,butternut squash Soup yummy!and is great if your constipated!!my sleeve can pretty much handle everything ive put in it!of course averything is a couple teaspoons each.i had single incision thru my belly button and have been walking a mile a day since day 3 on my treadmill.4 days after my surgery I was doing great!!!

Sleeved on the 14th. One day in hospital, no issues with nausea or pain. I haven't had a horrible time with liquids, just sip all day long. My favorites are yogurt, cream of chicken Soup, and minute maid frozen fruit juice (delish!!).

My biggest issue is hunger and what to do with myself while the rest of my family is eating. Some of their meals smell so good!!!

Hi everyone. I was sleeved on the 8th. I am down 23.5 lbs total (including 8 pre-op). On full liquids and getting shakes down with no problem. I have my first follow-up appt. this Thursday and hope to be cleared for soft foods and exercise at that time. I have been heating up Soup and straining out the rice, etc. and drinking the juice so I have something with good flavor at night. I have also been juicing blueberries, strawberries and raspberries to add to vanilla shakes (made with Protein powder) and it is delicious. I am down one pant size and I feel so much better about myself already. So glad I did this for me!!

I was sleeved 10/13 and only had a one night stay. Very little nausea and minimal gas pain. I also had a hiatal hernia repair done at the same time. Just been able to tolerate Protein Drink last couple days and so close to getting all my Water in. I have only lost 5 lbs since surgery, but learning how to change my lifestyle

I was sleeved on October 7th. I spent two nights in hospital which was very good..I feel great....no nausea can sip fine. Eating plain Greek nonfat yogurt, premier Protein drinks 2 daily, blenderized homemade cream Soup, Jello, and had 1 sugar free pudding today. I will start pureed food soon, just don't want to push it. I've lost 15 pounds since the surgery and am very excited. I walk daily, but need to increase that probably. I take 40 billion Probiotics daily from costco and that seems to help the Constipation. Drinking Vitamin 0 Water too, as regular Water does not seem to taste very good to me. My birthday was October 18, and that was hard to not go out to dinner, or have cake.....but it is worth it to lose weight and feel better!

I had surgery October 1st. Had to do 2 week pre op diet and lost 14 lbs. I am 3 weeks post op and have lost about 14 more. I didn't lose a thing last week and started panicking. I really have struggled with the emotional side of this. I think I can wrap my brain around the fact that my body is physically changed and I can't undo that. I didn't expect to have the emotional roller coaster about not losing and immediately feeling like I was failing (again) at a diet. It's crazy how quick I am to beat myself up! Trying to weigh once a week from here on out and take things one day at a time. Have started walking and really enjoy feeling "normal" doing that.

I was sleeved on 10/2. I had a 2 night stay in the hospital. no gas, heartburn, nausea. I was able to drink (sip) very next day. I am still on liquid diet per my doctor. I will see him and dietitian on Thursday, 3 weeks post op. hoping they will all pureed food to diet as I am getting very bored with the liquid Protein shakes, broth and Water although I have also been having yogurt. as of this morning, 17 days post op, I have lost 23.2 lbs. I am walking a mile every other day. I have been sleeping really well, through the night. I am not snoring. I have more energy. I am staying awake later than usual. last night my husband grilled a boneless leg of lamb. I cut a piece, chewed it to death and then spit it out. the taste was enough to satisfy the hunger in my head and mouth.

update....down 24.5 lbs day 20. visit with dietitian and surgeon tomorrow. hoping they change my diet. very bored with shakes, yogurt, Jello and Water

Hello, I am new to this site. I choose WLS because I have been Type 1 diabetic since I was a teen. I have always been heavier girl, was never thin like my younger sisters. I chose to have WLS because my surgeon said my chances of getting off my three insulins and my oral medications was very high. I went in for my consult with surgeon with getting the lap band; but he talked me out of that with the success rates were low at getting rid of all insulin. Prayed and discussed the options with my husband, who has been so supportive of everything I have chosen to do. I did met all the requirements for both of my insurance plans. I went ahead and started incorporating the life-style change with Protein shakes, etc.

I have never had an issues with emotional eating or anything along those lines. I have always been comfortable in my own skin. I just was never comfortable about the insulin and counting and planning everything that went into my mouth. I told my family and in laws of my plans for the surgery. My family, especially my momma was not on board with this surgery and tried to talk me out of it. But my mind was made up.

I got the approval for surgery on a Friday; I started my 2 week full liquid pre-op regimine early. I called first thing on a Monday morning and scheduled surgery for 14 days from that call. I drove 2 hours away in Nashville, TN to have surgery because my local hospital doesn't have a bariatic unit. I was sleeved on 10-06-14, I spent 4 days in the hospital. I woke up from antheisa with severe motion sickness and nausea. I wasn't in a whole lot of pain because I have a high pain tolerance, but the nausea and retching is what about killed me. I wasn't able to drink any Protein Shakes for a week. I could only hold down Water, SF popsicles (with my crushed meds added to it), and some chicken broth.

I weighed 274.6 at my consultation visit with surgeon. Day of surgery I weighed 253. My issues was and still is hiccups; they hurt so badly. Sip and Sip and Sip. It is so hard when you are not thirsty! My surgeon said as long as I got my 64 oz in the Protein didn't matter so much the first few weeks. Popsciles were my BFF. I was out of work for two weeks. My post-op vist was on 10-16-14 and I weigh 233 and still holding there. Totally weight loss of 41.6 pounds so far! :) I have not had any insulin since 10-09-14 and I am insulin free as of today. The only mediciation I take is prilosec, my Vitamins, and dicolymine (for the spasms). At first I was regretting this surgery in the first week because my nausea was so bad; but today I am so happy I did it.

I still experience some pain when I bend a certain way, ahiccups still hurt. Passing gas and first BM hurt so bad; but once I increase fluids I have had no issues.

Surgeon is keeping me on full liquids until 11-13-14, I have to say I am not happy about that. But I understand he wants me to heal completely before introducing mushy foods.

This site has helped me so much!! Thank you to all of you who post!!! :) Sorry my message is so long!! lol