Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need someone to talk me off the ledge. My surgery is on less then 2 weeks and I was doing great but now I am panicking. As I mentioned in another post, I have no support. My sister who says she is trying to support me basically spent 45 minutes telling me if I couldn't eat less and exercise before won t I probably fail with the sleeve as well. I guess along with my fear of the post op misery that is really what I am scared of. Help

You have all kinds of support here. Even though I had tons of family support it was me who was telling myself I would fail this time because I had in the past. I second guessed myself right up until the second they sedated me on the way to surgery. But guess what, I didn't fail and you won't either, because this time there will be something different to help you succeed, and that is your bariatric surgery. This will provide you with a powerful tool to succeed. You will have built-in Portion Control, which is something no other weightloss program has been able to give you. You will start to see that weight coming off which in turn will inspire you to continue to follow your program and keep succeeding. You will start to have that self image and confidence improve, and soon you will be able to do anything you set your mind to. Have confidence in yourself because you will succeed. The first step is showing up for surgery despite how scared you are you may fail. We are here to back you up. Good luck!!!

You're going to be OK - it's perfectly normal to feel nervous and anxious...this is a big decision, it's a life changer. I think it's perfectly normal to have 2nd thoughts. I certainly did - I think I changed my mind 100 times!

I'm not sure what the motivation behind your sisters comments about not being successful with the sleeve if you couldn't eat less before the sleeve. I find that coming here helps immensely - we're all going thru the same thing and we understand the struggles. Talking to my thin brother about weight loss issues is futile - he doesn't understand my issues. Even my husband doesn't understand my emotional attachment to food. I can explain it and he listens, but he doesn't understand it.

I think you should just JUMP OFF THAT LEDGE! And what you will find is a new found freedom! A new life, new hope, new friends, new support......you are on the cusp of a very exciting, healthy new life. There are many many success stories here (and very few stories that were not successful, if any at all!). Not trying to toot my own horn, but I am one of the success stories and I wrote about my journey every Sunday for the first year.....please read it; I think you will find it inspirational. When I was waiting for my surgery....(I only had to wait 3 weeks from decision to surgery) I read another woman's blog and it got me so excited!!!! And that's what you need right now.

I am now 3 years out and I just wrote a new blog entry (first time in 2 years). My husband is editing it now, but this is part of it:

It changed my life. It changed my marriage. It changed my knees, my feet, my health. It changed the way I live. It changed the way I eat. It changed the way I dress, how I act with other people. It changed our sex life. It changed how happy I am to be alive. IT SAVED MY LIFE.

Now here I am exactly 3 years from those days of transition. We are living in Amsterdam permanently now, I will be 61 years old in a few days, and I am happier than I have ever been in my entire life.

Please read my blog (or any one elses and you will see that you have so much to look forward to! Start at www.queenofcrop.com/about And by tomorrow you can sign up for new posts if you like. STAY STRONG and remember this forum is all about support!

I'm in the exact boat. I am have lap band in 2 weeks and have little support. I'm going to rely on the people here and go to some support groups. I'm so scared of failing but I see so much success here that I know this time will be different.

BTW, TRAVELER 60, WE ARE VERY SIMILAR! I was 207 date of surgery, I am 5'3, I was in my 50's (will be 61 on Monday) and my weight this morning was the same as your goal weight! And I was sleeved on October 27!

It makes sense that your fears are magnified with so little support at home. Good for you for coming to a safe place and asking for feedback from people who have actually had sleeve surgery. Everyone's journey is unique but we KNOW what we're talking about.

I am a band to sleeve revision. (Band failed to produce weight loss and 6 years later caused serious complications.) I wasn't sure the sleeve would work for me either. I feared another failure. It had to make a conscious decision that whether or not the sleeve produced weight loss, I was giving myself the best chance possible to avoid diabetes, heart disease or stroke - all of which contributed to my mom's death. it was the mental adjustment I needed and I went into surgery 100% at peace.

Recovery was so easy. I had localized pain where the port was removed from the abdominal wall but it wasn't unbearable and resolved completely in a couple of weeks. My nurses had me up and walking, which I think jumpstarted my healing. I would do it again tomorrow because my experience was so positive. Really, I would do it again with no hesitation.

Weight loss has been slower than I'd like but I'm losing 1 - 1.5 pounds a week. Plus, my joints don't hurt, my clothes are getting loose, I'm starting to recognize my face in the mirror. I feel terrifi. I made the right choice for me. You considered this choice in consultation with your doctor for a reason. Listen to your inner voice and have the confidence in yourself to know that you'll make this happen. The sleeve is a powerful tool if you work your program. Don't give up and keep coming back here! We'll support you!!!!

Band to Sleeve Revision

Surgery 7/28/14

Before surgery 211. Now 173

Pounds Lost: 38 and counting

Thank you everybody! It's what I need. Queen I am reading your blog for the second time. You are my role model.