Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a question that may get me in trouble. Does anyone else find it incredibly irritating that people that only need to lose 40 or 50 pounds are having this procedure? I mean, I wish I only had 40 pounds to lose and I don't think I would consider surgery if I did. I would try something else, first. Just my opinion and I mean no disrespect to anyone.

I hear ya. I understand people have different problems, but I don't understand why people have surgery with 40 or 50 pounds to lose. I see people on here complaining about losing a little bit, but they don't have 155 pounds to lose, like some of us.

I went into surgery as 330 and today (2 weeks since surgery) I weighed in at 301.4. I can't wait to get into the 200's because it had been about 3 years since I have been!!

Thats impressive!

BTW, I started at 325. I got down to 315 before surgery. I am 4 weeks out of sleeve surgery and I am now at 285. I have 115 pounds to go!

Edited by tnl1031

I can't wait untill all I have to loose is 50 pounds!! Lol

I started above 300, my official start weight was 357 i'm 3 months out (sleeve) and down to 316-319 bouncing around that range for the last several weeks. looking forward to losing more and trying to keep good habits so that it will happen. down two pants sizes as well.

I have been reading the post in this thread and I am a little surprised. As someone having WLS surgery soon with a goal weight only 80 lbs away I probably fit into the category of someone a lot of you seem to think shouldn't be having surgery or at the very least you poke fun . For me , my surgery is about ridding myself of diabetes. The weightloss is a benefit but the disease is awful and I don't want to go very far down that road.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that morbidly obese people look at just obese people with jealousy, I look at thin people and think how nice it must be not to have to worry about what they eat . At the end of the day we should just be supportive of each of our journeys thru WLS..

I started my WL Journey at 362 lbS. Surgery was on 12/23/13. 10 months post surgery I am at 218 lbs. It has been a terrific feeling to lose the weight and have a new outlook on life!

I have been reading the post in this thread and I am a little surprised. As someone having WLS surgery soon with a goal weight only 80 lbs away I probably fit into the category of someone a lot of you seem to think shouldn't be having surgery or at the very least you poke fun . For me , my surgery is about ridding myself of diabetes. The weightloss is a benefit but the disease is awful and I don't want to go very far down that road.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that morbidly obese people look at just obese people with jealousy, I look at thin people and think how nice it must be not to have to worry about what they eat . At the end of the day we should just be supportive of each of our journeys thru WLS..

I personally don't care when a person decides to have WLS. I can see that all the bad shows and how they make us look like as obese people can scare the shit out of folks. Obesity can lead to morbidly obese. We all started somewhere in the wrong direction. I think these folks made or make a preempted strike concerning the fight against obesity. I for one wish I had thought of it before when I finished my 20th attempt at dieting. It would have saved me a lot of pain ( emotionally and physically ) So not all of us who started out this journey morbidly obese are upset about those who have to lose 30-50 lbs and get the surgery.

Please don't put us into one category. It is like saying that all tomatoes are red!

I am sorry if you took anything that was said as "poking fun". I cannot speak for everyone else, but I know that was never my intention. I just know, FOR ME, if I only had 40 or 50 pounds to lose, I would be doing something else besides surgery. I too, have diabetes so I totally understand where you are coming from on that. It is a horrible disease and I cannot wait for it to be behind me. I am in no way jealous of you or anyone else for that matter. I am more than supportive of everyone I come across going through the same journey. I was just stating my OPINION. I am sorry if you took offense to it. Good luck in your journey.

Hi anybody out there start this journey over 300 lbs? I see post from people in the 200 lb range but none from 300 lbs. On the day I was sleeved, I weighted 363 lbs now I am 4 weeks out and weight 327. How long did it take to get out of the 300s?

@Ch14

Highest weight (about 5 years ago): 385

Consultation weight (4/23): 338

1st NUT appt (5/1): 344

2nd NUT appt (6/11): 339

3rd NUT appt (7/8): 331

Last NUT appt (8/11): 319

Day of Surgery (9/17): 313

Current Weight (10/21): 299.5

I stalled 10/1 and my weight fluctuated between 301-304. Stall finally broke a couple days ago and hopefully I will have a quick 5-10 drop. However, I'm ecstatic to be out of the 300's (even barely :-)).

I wasn't poking fun either - I just see WLS as serious life changing, life risking stuff. I have had wonderful results and no real issues and yet i too would not get WLS for 40-50# to lose. That is my opinion and everyone is free to theirs.

No worries folks!

I was definitely not saying anything negative about anyone. I think that everyone has their own personal reasons why surgery is necessary for them. I was just stating the fact that I can't wait until I only have 50 pounds left!

I started this journey around March 2013. I was at 352. I had to lose weight for the surgery and got down to 311 the day of surgery. I was sleeved on 10/06 and today weigh 296. It is an amazing feeling. =)

I started this forum because I just wanted to know if other people weighed over 300 lbs. That's all. It doesn't matter how much a person needs to loose. I was just looking to chat with people who have similar weight to mine, that's all.