Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So out of curiosity, about how much did you lose each month?

I started at 349, day of surgery 4/29/14 I was 339. I am now 252. it took me a little more than a month to get out of the 300s. Best of luck on your journey!!!

I started at 350 Im at 267 now it has slowed a lot now but i just take it at little goals . my goal now is to be below 250 then it will be to be below 200 .. i'm just so happy when its a lose.

I am almost out of the 300s. I'm 302 at 5wks post op. I started at 345, surgery was 324...very excited to lose and be out of the 300s. Everyone is doing great...good luck.

My highest weight was 458, I lost down to 406 before surgery on 9/3, now I am 369. Can't wait to be out of these 300's!

I haven't been sleeved yet, my surgery is booked for 12/29. My highest weight was 368, I had my consultation last week and I weighed in at 337. My Dr. doesn't require a pre-op diet, but I'm going to do it anyway. I'm hoping be to in the 2's and then One-derland soon enough! I love reading all the success stories!

Edited by Big_Mama

I'm happy to report that I'm no longer in the 300s. I have met my 1st goal, and now I'm off to my 2nd. 270 is goal, so I can ride my bike with my nephews. I cannot wait.

Hi Birdie, I did too! After 12 day stall...Welcome to Twooterville !!!

Dtiller I was on that kind of stall too....so frustrating to be so close and have to wait.

Wow just when I feeling like a failure thanks for yall posting this. I am 5 days post op had my bypass on 11/17 and I was feeling kinda bad that I don't look different. I was feeling bad because I had 6.3 oz yogurt and a 11 oz Protein Drink at one sitting. But I feel a little better reading yall post. Thanks for sharing

I don't know what my highest weight has been but, it's been under 400. My internist doesn't have a digital scale and I don't trust his, seems like I'm always at least 10 pounds lighter on other scales. At consult I was 370 and a week and a half later at appt with dietician, I was 369. Haven't weighed since. I am 6" tall and was probably about 185-190 when I got married 30 years ago. Within about 8 years I was up to 280. Then my sister got married, I was matron of honor and mortified of all those pix of me and my skinny minny sister. I dropped 80 pounds in about six months. Of course, after the wedding my motivation tanked and right back up the scale I went. I've yo-yo'd a bit but, obviously, I've done good job of gaining.

My orthopedist said I should be down to about 250 before doing a knee replacement. So obviously, that's a big goal. My ideal weight would probably be around 180, the weight I thought was so fat back in high school. Realistically though, I'll be happy if I can maintain 225 or less, long term. I want my mobility back more than anything.

I do wonder why someone would opt for a sleeve and not a lap band if they "only" had 40 pounds or so to loose but, depending on other health factors, I can see how that might make more sense. I don't have any ill will towards them at all and certainly wish them the best of luck. However, part of me can't help but think "ah, the lightweights". But yes, I do get kinda crabby when people whine about how horribly fat and unattractive they feel with an extra 10-20 pounds on them. Well, mainly if they do it in front of me. Do they not realize how badly I would love to just be 30 pounds overweight? I basically want to try and lose the weight of my 6'3" 17 yr old son! Try putting him on your back and running to the grocery store or climbing the stairs and then we can talk. Of course, we all do have different issues and a wouldn't begrudge anyone from wanting to be fit and healthy it just really hurts sometimes when they say something and I'm thinking "holy cow! What must they think of me?"

On my surgery day (10/21) I weighed 330. I am happy to say that after a month I am now 290. ... Out of the three FOREVER!!

I started at 363 before pre-op diet, day of surgery was about 342, 12 days post op 318. Chugging towards the 200s