Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IS ANYONE ELSE SCARED TO FLY DUE TO EBOLA OUTBREAK?

Is anyone hesitant about flying due to the Ebola outbreak going on right now?

I know there are some scheduled to travel to Dallas Texas for their surgery. Please use precautions and be safe everyone :)

We have a 9 day family vacation planned for Disney World this winter and I am seriously wondering if this is the best time for that trip. I am closely monitoring the situation and will post pone our trip if necessary or if the risk is too great. Going to the most popular vacation destination in the Western Hemisphere when the first grumbling of a serious health threat is knocking at our door may not be the best plan!

I am actually having my surgery at Presbyterian, Dallas (where the three most recent American Ebola cases have been). Not going to lose any sleep over it.

I would recommend against flying to west africa now, unless you have an important reason to do so. Otherwise, no, I don't think it's a bad time to fly. I'm pretty sure the risk of a plane crash (very low) is still higher than the risk of catching ebola on your flight. And your risk of dying in a car crash on the way to the airport is way higher than either of the above.

This outbreak is a huge tragedy and emergency in west africa right now, but it is not anywhere near as threatening for Americans as some news channels are making it out to be.

How many Americans die each day from guns? About 30

How many die in car crashes every day? A little over 3000

How many Americans have contracted Ebola in this country? I've only heard about two. And I'm guessing they'll both survive as well since their symptoms were caught early.

Here's a good article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2014/10/16/ebolas-very-contagious-ebolas-also-hard-to-catch-confused-heres-how-to-understand/

Well I travel for work but no plans on dallas.

I also am pushing to work from home. A lot!

You all have a valid point. The news has been making it sound worser then it really is. But I must admit it does scare me a little. Mainly because I work in the medical field everyday and come in contact with alot of people on a daily basis but I love working in the medical field. I love helping other's. @@docbree you are very bold to still go forward with getting it done there after all those people were exposed. Be very careful.

I am flying out of Dallas on 10/29 to go to Tijuana to have my surgery. I am not worried about it!!

I believe they could have saved that doctor who went to that hospital in Dallas sick. I believe they could have done more to help him fight it. He was a doctor. The others who were exposed are doing well. There is no reason for them to let him die. Let alone have many others exposed to the disease. They sent him home the first time he went there. They let him die the second time he went back. Its just my opinion. NO SHADE!

I think at this point the risk is pretty low, but will certainly monitor the situation as time goes on. We fly to Mexico for surgeries on Dec 8th. Flying home after the surgery, even with this Ebola scare, is safer then driving back by car, which is a 24 hr trip. That is way too long sitting and can cause blood clots, etc.

LOL!

No, I do not worry about catching Ebola on planes.

I'm flying internationally next week.

Really...Disney World... I live right here in Florida ...and we have no cases of Ebola...I would fly right now and would not cancel any planned trip . Yes this is very scary... However the regular flu kills more people every year and we have a flu shot that money people don't even take!