Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are my fellow October 14th sleevers doing?

How is everyone. Tonight we are 3 full days out of surgery hoping everyone is doing well. Are you getting in all your fluids? Are you still taking pain meds? How is your pain.

For me I am doing my best at getting in liquids. I gave not taken any pain meds since midnight last night. I'm pretty sore now I haven't napped at all today walked a few times mostly just around the house back and forth. And this afternoon back and forth in my yard. So I might take one to help me sleep better tonight. The pain overall is getting better but definitely still there. It's almost hard to believe that it will go away and I will have strength back. I hate to depend on people for things and I am dependent on my family to help with everything right now. That's tough. Anyway im sure I could go on and on but wanted to see how you all are doing and what you are felling at this moment. God bless you all

I am doing well. I am on a full liquid diet. I am tolerating everything pretty good. I still take the pain meds but I have serious pain in my knees and back. This was before the surgery. I was taking pain meds for that. I feel like I am ready for puree foods. But I am just going to follow instructions. It hurts to bend or stand but the pain goes away in my abdomen. I am walking. I see my Doctor next Friday on the 24th. I hope I have lost more weight by then.

It is hard to get the liquids down and get proper Protein. I suck on Popsicles to get some liquid and eat Jello. I have gotten some sleep and naps. My family is supportive and help me with cravings. Yes I feel like I can eat regular food. Not sure I am ready. Congrats to everyone!!!!

Hi! i was on the 13th, so hopefully don't mind me posting heh.

I had a rough first few days, had to stay in the hospital an extra day , couldn't keep any liquids down the first day they started me on the liquids. Been very fatigue all week. I am the same, had to rely on family to do everything for me. I am still taking pain pills, but i have 2 bulging disk in my back and also had my gallbladder taken out monday during the sleeve procedure. So still quite sore, i have been getting about 30-35oz of liquids in, I see other people that are brave, courageous cause i havent even thought about eating, havent been hungry. Been mainly Water and this liquid Protein i have, which is like a super shot. its 42g in 3.8oz. I havent tried Jello or Protein shakes yet. I think i've had 2 Popsicle's thus far and i am 6 days out. I did have tea yesterday, that was a nice change up. waiting to try milk this week, want to take it slow and easy, especially since i'm not craving anything. Today has been a better day though, got out and walked outside, 2x 10 min walks in the neighborhood. Gonna try to add 5 mins per day to build up strength. this upcoming week i start on my Vitamins so hopefully that helps with alot of the fatigue etc.

Hope everyone is recovery soon! Best of luck

Meme - glad you are doing well.. That's amazing you feel as though you could eat real food...????

Brian - sorry you have had a rough start I am sure it will get better.... ????

I have improved some since I created this post, today is post op day 5 ???? I am still sore like you said blinding, sitting up, and down etc. Still needing my hubby to just be there for me to pull on. Lol. I feel like I am doing well with my fluids I am writing every thing down that is the only way for me.... I am supposed to be 24 oz clear and 24 oz full liquids per day. Been just about there each day. Taking short walks today just around the house as its way to chilly out.. Haven't left my house since I got home from surgery.. I have to see my surgeon on Wednesday to check on things, haven't checked my weight except the day I got home to see I went up 9 lbs of Water weight from all the fluids, that's ok...

May try to drive tomorrow need to hit up Walgreens for some colace... Fun stuff

Anyway glad everyone is progressing along let's all keep up the good work. ????

Hi all, I am doing great so far today is my first day in which I feel like myself. I was able to get down 52 ounces of liquid it was like my body was craving Water, lol. I also feel like I can go on to purée foods, at least my mind thinks I can. We're in this for the long haul. Congrats to everyone.

Im doing pretty well still taking the meds but I have been able to get out of the house and go to Walmart for a little bit. I actually forget i had this done until I drink or get up. Everything seems pretty normal now Im just looking forward to results and getting this part of the journey started!!!! The Healthy, a lot less heavier and more productive mom that I can be.