Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had a stomach pain on their left side that doesn't hurt when you're lying down only standing up and you've had to press in on it to relieve the pain?? I had surgery on Monday 10-13 and have a bad pain when I stand and try to walk. The only way I can handle it is to firmly press in on it. Is this normal?? Thanks for all your help!

Mine ended up being gas pains. I took gas es strips and it helped

Thanks! I'll try it and see.

hi babybearsmum,

I had VSG on 8/4. The only discomfort I had after surgery was in one specific incision on my left side, which was the largest one where they removed the excess stomach. I wore my binder daily without fail for about 2 weeks after surgery. The pain subsided and eventually went away without further treatment. I also didn't bend down for those 2 weeks - it was really uncomfortable. If the gas strips didn't help, maybe the binder will? Good luck and hang in there. It gets better from here, I promise. :)

Well the gas-x strips helped with a full feeling I was having, thank God! But the side pain was still there. The binder helped then I got a burning rib pain and if anything touched it I was miserable. So now the rib pain is gone and I only have to apply pressure when I'm standing. thank you all for all your help! I'm actually feeling a lot better. I never thought last Monday at this time that I'd be feeling so well now!

I have that same pain. It's a little better every day. My second night home it hurt so bad I couldn't get comfortable so I broke out the abdominal binder that night and the next day and it's been a little better since then.....

Mine gets a little better each day thankfully. The big thing for me is either standing or if I try to roll over at night and it "hangs" (that's what it feels like) I'll be so glad to lay on my sides without problems!

Yes, this is happening to me. I have gone to MD twice and everything appears normal. I was told it could last as long as 6 weeks. Annoying and frustrating. In my mind, I would be out climbing a monta in at 4 weeks out. The reality is we r still in recovery and to be kind and patient with ourselves. -Shellie

That's true I remember telling my husband a few weeks before surgery "I shouldn't be in too much pain I'll probably be back to my old self in no time" I ended up being super sick and in pain. Not intolerable pain so I won't complain! I can't wait for next year at this time!! Thank you everyone for your responses. :)

I had surgery on 11/20/14 and am really struggling with muscular pain as well. Some days I feel pretty good, and then I go to the mall for an hour and leave in pretty bad pain from walking so much. All my gas pain is gone, I'm just starting blended stage (eating lots of soup), and my incisions are all closed, but this muscle pain is killing me. Glad to know I'm not the only one ???? I hope it goes away soon, for all of us!